Jeff Grant
    Jeff Grant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2924

Closer Look at the Los Angeles Angels Line Movement

In developing a handicapper line, something that I calculate every day before overnight betting odds are released, I established the Los Angeles Angels as a -130 road favorite

I wasn't surprised that early action bought up the plus-25 cents of value that was given when it opened up at -155.

If you're backing the Angels tonight, I'd officially be worried, as the number continues to plummet just minutes before the first pitch, which shouldn't be the case with the Joe Public likely hammering the Halos like a sure thing

All value is gone on the Indians, only of course, if they end up losing this contest

Thoughts?

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

figure trout being out had some part in this, the rest who knows? personally i thought value was on tribe (earlier of coarse) so wouldnt surprise me if some folks w fat pockets or syndicates liked them as well, or just drove line up on purpose so they could buy back w tribe....bout best i can offer...

EVPlus
    EVPlus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 451

A stay-away game for me. The significant line drop was one of my deciding factors.

Jeff Grant
    Jeff Grant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2924

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    figure trout being out had some part in this, the rest who knows? personally i thought value was on tribe (earlier of coarse) so wouldnt surprise me if some folks w fat pockets or syndicates liked them as well, or just drove line up on purpose so they could buy back w tribe....bout best i can offer...
    Trout is definitely a factor, but most people betting this game didn't get past Weaver vs. Jimenez

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Grant View Post
    Trout is definitely a factor, but most people betting this game didn't get past Weaver vs. Jimenez

lol....sad but you are prob correct.

DoctorPhil
    DoctorPhil's Avatar Become A Pro!

i already cap this sh1t like a sharp shark.

these kids as predicted pounded the sh11t out of LAA, but the line goes down. This sh11t only happens when the books know the sharps are on cleveland.

i mean LAA can win, a blind man has to run into dinner sometime; but the value is on cleveland.

i already wrote this sh111t up last night.