No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Two lines that might be speaking for themselves on Monday

PIT -107
    MIL -110

Pirates are favored over the red-hot Reds, who now lead the NL Central. McDonald's numbers are better than Arroyo's, but not enough to warrant this line.

Brewers have a record 13 games worse than the Dodgers, Marcum isn't exactly setting the world on fire, they're on the road, yet they're favored? What?

Be careful if you're planning on taking the Reds and/or the Dodgers on Memorial Day.

taxe91
    taxe91's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm already on the reds at +100, that line is absurd. Reds win this game more than 50% of the time.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

pit scored 10 runs today
    brewers are due
    it all makes sense

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

McDonald had of farm, and the barn is full of SO's.

Gamble32jn
    Keep Faith!!!!!!!!
    Gamble32jn's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like the under on both of them games

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't really think the Pitt line is that far off, but the other one is puzzling. I'll be on Milwaukee.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    I don't really think the Pitt line is that far off, but the other one is puzzling. I'll be on Milwaukee.

Wow just wow, I wouldn't take the brewers as favorites against the padres on the road, much less favorites against the best team in the league

8-15 on the road for god sakes. At least bet them if you're getting +200. They have no business being favored here

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    Wow just wow, I wouldn't take the brewers as favorites against the padres on the road, much less favorites against the best team in the league

8-15 on the road for god sakes. At least bet them if you're getting +200. They have no business being favored here
    What makes you think for a split second that the Dodgers are the best team. Stop looking at the standings and use your brain for once.

You are right, Milwaukee being favorites makes no sense here, yet they are priced as such. Have any idea why? Is Vegas giving away free money here? I'm not saying Milwaukee is a huge bet here, or a lock, but you have to think there is a good reason a mediocre/crappy Milwaukee team is favored in L.A. with the type of pitchers going tomorrow.

LoneStar
    I'm Kind of A Big Deal
    LoneStar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Really...... I was just about to put the house up for sale! Should I pull-out a line of credit before they foreclose?

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by ShogunRua View Post
    What makes you think for a split second that the Dodgers are the best team. Stop looking at the standings and use your brain for once.

You are right, Milwaukee being favorites makes no sense here, yet they are priced as such. Have any idea why? Is Vegas giving away free money here? I'm not saying Milwaukee is a huge bet here, or a lock, but you have to think there is a good reason a mediocre/crappy Milwaukee team is favored in L.A. with the type of pitchers going tomorrow.

Sorry I don't believe in conspiracy theories. Milwaukee has no business being favored on the road

Also what do you dislike about dodgers? Good offense, great staff and great pen. When kemp returns, they'll win the west by a landslide IMO

My guess is Vegas still has their preseason power rankings and believes the dodgers to be a fluke and brewers the same great team from last year. I think milwaukee has been massivey overvalued all year

taxe91
    taxe91's Avatar Become A Pro!

• Reds are 5-0 in their last 5 games as an underdog.
    • Reds are 8-1 in their last 9 overall.

dredmahawkus
    dredmahawkus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

how can you not go against wash and atlanta after playing late and traveling and playing day games?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Pirates smacking around Arroyo so far.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

My guess is Vegas still has their preseason power rankings and believes the dodgers to be a fluke and brewers the same great team from last year.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I just saw this thread.

We think a like because I was already on those two plays. McDonald is a good pitcher.

I also took the Cubs -1.5 (+130) and will chase the Astros today. Teams rarely lose both games of a double header and I'm getting like +130 both games.

Statistics
    Statistics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

My guess is Vegas still has their preseason power rankings and believes the dodgers to be a fluke and brewers the same great team from last year. I think milwaukee has been massivey overvalued all year
    I don't think Vegas pays for those shiny lights and comped buffets with that strategy.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I just saw this thread.

We think a like because I was already on those two plays. McDonald is a good pitcher.

I also took the Cubs -1.5 (+130) and will chase the Astros today. Teams rarely lose both games of a double header and I'm getting like +130 both games.
    The steam on Colorado Game 1 surprises me, though I haven't seen the lineups so maybe there's something to it there.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

explain why the Dodgers are + $1,300 in money and the brewers are - $1,300 in money

The brewers have been massively overvalued all season long

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Both cash. Unfortunately, my other bets didn't yesterday.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

If this lost it would of been bumped 50 times... nice 2 and 0

brahmabull117

I didn't think there was anything questionable about the pittsburg line by the way, the pirates have been playing great at home

MikeZaW
    MikeZaW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Nice work! I should have followed the Fishy Bucs line...