freeneasy
    freeneasy's Avatar Become A Pro!

balt/det check it out

i dont know whats going on here but hayden penn is going for balt. tonight and my little toilet bowl system gives me detroit 15.74 and baltimore 4.32. detroit is -260 but the run line is det -115 and the over is at 9 ???. its even worse when i put some numbers on all of hayden penns 3 starts. i get detroit 18-4
    if i were making the line for this game where would i set the run line at and the over under? dunno but -115 for the run line and -115 for the o/u at 9 is starting to look a little bit like stealing

MrX
    MrX's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey, you might get that 18-4 score! Good call.

freeneasy

yeah X

i just got home and checked out the score and its 17-2 in the the top of the 9th
    i had to figure that the books just didnt know what to do with this game. it didnt make sense that they were looking to suck bettors in on the under. i mean nobody in there right mind was going to touch that under, not in this game, not at 9. i mean wtf was that supposed to be, and they sure as hell werent trying to scare bettors off the over but who knows what the books were thinking about.
    for me the run line had a little something extra and a then some going for it. and the over was right behind it.
    and as well for me again Xman, if this bet would have lost tonight and it came up in exactly the same mannor tomarrow and for the next 98 days in a row, i would bet it the same way all 99 times.

Ganchrow
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
    Ganchrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1088

Very nice call. Detroit was 26-41 O/U at home before tonight, so people may well have been blindly betting Detroit home games under. Judging from how the line moved, a majority of the money actually went on the under, even at 9. At the very end, the over actually had a positive money line at 9. So don't feel bad for the books on this one, they probably made more than usual on this game.

freeneasy

i never checked that o/u stat for detroit at home

but i guess the books had to give it the respect that it requires, but still respect is a two way street and the books in my estimation and for whatever reason totally ignored the pitching and scoring stats on tonights matchup.
    even with the o/u stat for det at home, still, i would have had to question that 9 total being as low as it was. anyway, hey tonight i had st. louis to win 4-3 and they won it something like 14-4! shows ya what can happen