cocknocker
    cocknocker's Avatar Become A Pro!

CK's Daily MLB Thread Leans for Sunday 4/19/09

The Seattle Super Mariners are killing it this year and have been on a tear. However, there is nothing like hot bats, and the Tigers have hot bats right now. They were able to eek out a victory over the Mariners 2-0 despite banging out 9 hits. Obviously they will have to get those runners home today that they left stranded in yesterday's game. The Tigers are definitely a sorry ass team to be sure. And when sorry ass teams win one game they usually win more than just that one. I'll take Porcello as i think he is the real thing and a good young pitcher, the jewel of the Tigers farm system. He picks up win number 1 in this game.

Tigers-103 HEAVY

I am on board with the Jiminez express. The guy has good stuff and that's just about it. He needs to cut down a bit on his "wasted" pitches so that he won't have as many prolonged at bats. The trip to Tinsle Town has been a wipeout for the Rockies. I say that they avoid the sweep. There is some nasty movement on this game as the linemaker has realized he made a mistake.

Rockies-105 HEAVY

The line movement on this one is just too good to ignore and the kid Scherzer is pretty good anyway. Randy Johnson is washed up and I am going to fade him until he proves that he can win a game. I feel hat there is a false favorite in this game. The Giants can't hit well enough to be favored in anything right now. I will ride with the kid and take the Crumbs.

D-Backs+100

Added Play

I have to roll with the Rangers. I just can't see Padilla getting rocked more than Davies. The Rangers are on a horrid stretch and need a win. I put my finger on their pulse yesterday in an effort to find a good vein from which to get two wins. What i found interesting is that they actually out-hit the Royals yesterday. I say that they kick it into high gear and reel off two straight wins. I have to go with the runline, because when those bats get going they won't stop. Texas must out-score the opposition in order to win. They are desperate to say the least. They need to play somesmall ball when they get a runner on third just to get the stroke going.

Rangers-1.5 +135 Run line( Crumbs play-O-The-Day)
    Rangers +100 1st half
    Last edited by cocknocker; 04-19-09 at 11:35 AM.

j0hnnyv
    Nadal -210
    j0hnnyv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23

you get the worst number everyday cuz you play at the greek. why not 5dimes ck just curious? i like reading your writeups though..keep up the good work

pho3nix32
    pho3nix32's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL peep's champ! bunch of heavy plays in here and NBA for you

danrman
    danrman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

like colorado

alukk
    alukk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8012

i gotta love the bet against the "chicote" Johnson

redore33
    redore33's Avatar Become A Pro!

If You Do Play @ Oly

They're the WORST book there is for MLB, lines & what they deal!!

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

ok guys picks for today:
    Yankees RL -1.5 heavy play for me (10x)
    I really dont know what else to say...the Yanks were well you know it... it wont sit well with them and they just have to come back... only thing that worries me a bit is that AJ is really bad against Cle (9.00 ERA in his last 4 starts...but he got better and he had a nice game last year against them with only 3 ER in 7 2/3 but no help)...

Tor -1 (2x)
    they will go for the serie win today against the A's... Romero is one of the best young pitchers so far this year...he had 2 really nice outing this year against Det and Min....same can be said about Braden but I just have to go with the home team in this one here...

FLA -1
    best team in the country...hell I ride that bus until the wheels fall off....plus Volstad is good and I just hope we wont the another Josh like performance today... but hell the Nats bullpen sucks so Florida will come back no matter what...

Pit 5 Innings
    Duke and plus money...he is back to his rookie season form...I love it and ATL is shit right now...maybe they will get a run today or will Zach pitch another shutout today ?

GL

jellobiafra
    jellobiafra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by cocknocker View Post
    The Seattle Super Mariners are killing it this year and have been on a tear. However, there is nothing like hot bats, and the Tigers have hot bats right now. They were able to eek out a victory over the Mariners 2-0 despite banging out 9 hits. Obviously they will have to get those runners home today that they left stranded in yesterday's game. The Tigers are definitely a sorry ass team to be sure. And when sorry ass teams win one game they usually win more than just that one. I'll take Porcello as i think he is the real thing and a good young pitcher, the jewel of the Tigers farm system. He picks up win number 1 in this game.

Tigers-103 HEAVY

I am on board with the Jiminez express. The guy has good stuff and that's just about it. He needs to cut down a bit on his "wasted" pitches so that he won't have as many prolonged at bats. The trip to Tinsle Town has been a wipeout for the Rockies. I say that they avoid the sweep. There is some nasty movement on this game as the linemaker has realized he made a mistake.

Rockies-105 HEAVY

The line movement on this one is just too good to ignore and the kid Scherzer is pretty good anyway. Randy Johnson is washed up and I am going to fade him until he proves that he can win a game. I feel hat there is a false favorite in this game. The Giants can't hit well enough to be favored in anything right now. I will ride with the kid and take the Crumbs.

D-Backs+100

My take on these:

Tigers --

Silva is not a good pitcher and has been hit by the Tigers in the past. I faded him last time out vs the Angels and he was absolutely dominant. Hot bats, huh? 2 runs last night and 3 the night before. 9 hits last night mostly all singles. Hot? Hmm. Go HEAVY behind rookie pitcher in his 2nd start jumping from AA, on the road against possibly a better team in the rubber game of a series. Heavy? Really? No thanks.

Rockies --

The Dodgers are on FIRE. Manny AND Ethier each hit TWO bombs yesterday. Now THOSE are some actual hot bats. Jiminez is a nice pitcher. He has good stuff. But go HEAVY against the 2nd hottest team in the league, at home with the middle of it's order on FIRE after yesterday? No thanks again.

D'Backs --

I actually like this pick and played it small.

My choices today-

MIL (+140) bounces back to get one in their series vs the Mets. Their bats wake up today - a day late - against emergency starter Figueroa. Figueroa is a decent option, but MIL is in a good spot here even though I'm not a big Suppan fan. That's why I really like the OVER 9.5 in this game as well.

CIN (-125) in a rubber game against HOU. Volquez gets right against another emergency starter Paulino, called up to replace Moehler in his regular spot. CIN the better team with the better pitcher today.

LAA (+125) will manage to squeek out a game in this series vs MINN. Shane Loux is a spot starter but he was nice his last time out vs Silva and the M's. I think LAA is a good value today to escape the Twin Cities with 1 win and avoid turning a terrible series into a disastrous one.

I also have a parlay of FLA/TAM (+168). No explanation needed really. Volstad to finish the sweep against a demoralized Nats squad and Garza to salvage a series win vs a tough CHW club. I think both opposing starters (Cabrera and Floyd) get knocked around a little today.

Good luck.
    Last edited by jellobiafra; 04-19-09 at 10:24 AM.

cocknocker

Expect the unexpected Jello. Can't wager in baseball with fear or emotions. What happened yesterday doesn't always translate into victory today. Whn I compiled my list of starters who are not worht a -150 price tag, there were a lot of pitchers on that list that are were 5-star pitchers that don't do so well with the big chalk. It's those unknown guys that cash tickets. Porcello and Jiminez will do just fine for me today.

Secondly you don't have to quote MY WHOLE big board twice in order to make your point. It clouds up the thread unnecessarily. Trust me, if you lose all your games today I won't quote your whole entry and then comment on them tomorrow. Matter of fact, I doubt that I woud comment on it at all. I have that much class. And after some of the things you said yesterday, I am questioning how much class you have. Baseball goes from April to November. You gave me a lot of heat for two sub par days out of a season that is damn near 180 days in length. What's funny about the whole thing is that I came out with a 2-1 record on my HEAVY plays and turned a profit (I do play basketball too you know) anyway.

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3469

playing a parlay today

marlins
    pirates
    min
    boston/bal over 10

230 to win 2500

repski
    repski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10553

CK,

don't even explain yourself....he should start his own blog.....although I doubt anyone would care...
    There are sometimes I disagree with your picks but I would have the arrogance/direspect to quote you and then grade your picks...lol

thegenix
    thegenix's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

What do you guys think about Cleveland today? Burnett isn't that great against Cleveland and as we saw yesterday, the Cleveland bats are hot. Listed at +220 in my book, looks pretty damn nice to me.

Dexter
    Update your status
    Dexter's Avatar Become A Pro!

pavano comes back to NY, and the fans should greet mr pavano with a chorus of boos. an overpriced steinbrenner investment, pavano has been awful in his first 2 starts, and things wont be any easier for him vs the red hot burnett. what makes this play so juicy for me is the pounding NY has taken today. steinbreener will be sure to get a message to the clubhouse after todays game, and i expect NY to bounce back on sun.

-yankees -1.5/-130 (Big - 5x)

the mets and brewers played a low scoring affair on sat witb aces santana and gallardo on the hill. expect the bats to wake up on an expected warm day here in NY with figueroa and suppan the starters.

over mets 10 (Big - 2x)

volstad has looked strong to start the year, and i have never been a fan of cabrera. a demoralizing loss for the nats today, as they blew a 3 run 9th inn lead - i expect the marlins to carry the momentum into sunday and complete the sweep.

-marlins -130

randy johnson may have finally hit the wall. hes looked real bad in his first 2 starts, and the giants are going to be flat after losing with lincecums studly performance. the giants should not be favored vs anyone when lincecum isnt on the hill.

-d'backs -110

repski
    repski's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10553

RLM on Clevland and Baltimore.....

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by thegenix View Post
    What do you guys think about Cleveland today? Burnett isn't that great against Cleveland and as we saw yesterday, the Cleveland bats are hot. Listed at +220 in my book, looks pretty damn nice to me.
    isnt that great in games @ cleav - check it out...

http://www.ats411.com/MLB/Results/resPitcher.aspx

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by repski View Post
    RLM on Clevland and Baltimore.....
    i see the yankee indian line opening at 250, dropping to 240 and now back up to 250 in most spots...

ploben
    ploben's Avatar Become A Pro!

I took the Yanks + the touchdown but they didn't cover. Damn Indians went for 2 on their last TD. At least the Yanks got a safety near halftime so they didn't get shut out.
    Last edited by ploben; 04-19-09 at 11:15 AM.

jellobiafra
    jellobiafra's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

CK,

I didn't quote you to disrespect you man. You'll have to take my word on that. You may have missed this post in yesterday's thread so I want to repeat it....

Dex,

I'm pissed because if you look at the 3rd post in this thead, my 1st response, I was not feeling any of these picks today. And instead of trusting my own gut I decided to go along for the ride.

Look, CK is money. I know that. He had a a few tough ones this weekend, and even with those he's pretty close to even. I'm just kicking myself because I was going to go with KC and Greinke, Yankees over, Mets M/L and R/L (to push), CIN (lost) and CWS (won). I ended up chasing and going with CWS and SD tonight so that helps. MIN cashed and thank you for that CK. Easy cover. I'm also on DET right now and if Houston can cover 5 pts and the under hits in that game, I'll actually be about even for the day....and in a much better mood.

Sorry for the bitter posts throughout the evening. CK you put yourself out there every day and you are a beast man.

END QOUTE

I don't think I really ripped you that hard. I said Texas was an incorrect play - using one of your favorite words in sarcasm. Maybe that was a bit over the top but I find it a little condescending when you use it in regards to other's picks. I hope you are not SO far above reproach here that I can't make a comment like that...? Maybe we should ask repski for a ruling? I think I know how that would go.

Anyway, I respect you man. You're a great capper. I was having a bad day last night and I apologize for anything that came across as over the top. In the future I won't quote your board, but can I make contrarian comments if I feel they are warranted? Repski?

Jimbo42
    Jimbo42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good morning!
    Booked:

Road dogs off two straight one run losses always a good bet in the long run(as CK pointed out... its marathon not a sprint).. only concern is MIL bats are cold... but at the price, I'll give it a shot

Milwaukee +125

Philly hanging their heads after blowing that game in the ninth... and Chan Ho Park is that big a favorite ... are you kidding me?

San Diego +125

GL to all

cocknocker

Everything was fine until you quoted the big board in order to prove your point. Once you did that you entered into another level. I he absolutely no problem with anyone disagreing with my picks, but there is an appropriate manner in which to do it, and you chose the inappropriate manner. Something like "I disagree with a couple CK's picks for today, so here's what I am playing in addition to the Arizona pick which I do like. And then you list your picks and why.

SoonerGreg
    SoonerGreg's Avatar Become A Pro!

Booked:
    Braves -1.5 @ Pirates +140
    Rangers -1.5 vs Royals +135

cocknocker

I had to play the Rangers today. I can't let those Crumbs get away. I took the runline and plan on making the goodies.

Crumbs Play-O-The-Day

Rangers-1.5 +135

UnDeRDaWg
    UnDeRDaWg's Avatar Become A Pro!

hey Ck..what do you think about fading the yankees today?

CP Thrizzle
    CP Thrizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!

CK, are you still making a small parlay on Baltimore/Cleveland ML? It seems tempting, but I just can't see the Yanks losing this game... What are your thoughts?

Euphoria38
    Euphoria38's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

alrite you two chill out....

CK The rookie pitcher in Seattle could be disasterous id rather watch that game then bet on it. Especially with how previous detroit pitching has faired. I took Verlander the other night and he was shutting them out for 4 straight and gave up a 5 spot in the 5th. He then proceeded to finish the game. It was a bunch of crap, to me if the Mariners can hit detroit's best pitching they can hit the kid Porcello.

The D-Backs is a good choice, I think RJ is also washed up and even bad Deutsche Bag Bats could probibly hit him. Scherzer also faired well at home against the Cards which is a much better lineup than the Giants.

The Rox are also a good choice for the sole fact that a series sweep could be disasterous and the Dodgers are trotting out a rookie. We all know the rox can hit a few homeruns.

Heres a couple other selections I like:

Rays - Rays at home can manage to get a win, they wont get swept by the sox. If they do im gonna shave my pubes and walk around Hawk 3 times.

Rangers - Kyle Davies sucks. He is having a good year but he sucks and throws alot of pitches. Occasionally he loses control. After being shut out by Greinke last night, Id imagine the Rangers to be pissed off and ready to smack some bad Royals pitching. On the flip side, Padilla has pitched pretty well much like Millwood yesterday, u can expect him to give up 1 or 2 runs. The question is if the potentially best offense in the AL comes awake today and pounds the royals into submission. I say yes!

Yanks -1.5 RL is my last pick. Well, here I expect the Yankees to come out to answer 22 runs yesterday that was disgraceful to the organizaton and their brandnew billion dollar stadium, anything less than a shit on warrants boo's. Id love to read the NY Times this morning and watch Steinbrenners kid tear Joe Girardi a new asshole after last night.

UnDeRDaWg

I dont know how anyone can bet on the Yankees right now...

Jimbo42

CK,
    Glad to see you on the Tigers today! I got em to the win the series vs. Seattle at plus good money.... Let's cash this one bro!

peterpan19
    peterpan19's Avatar Become A Pro!

lines for today:
    NYY -1.5 x5 (not as big as I first thought... but still ok) -118
    Tor -1 x2 +114
    Pit 5 Innings +107
    FLA -1 -103

GL to everyone today...

Euphoria38

^^ because they are going to be pissed off and they all were embarassed and everyone gave them shit so this is a must win bounceback game.

UnDeRDaWg

Just because they are pissed doesnt mean a thing. Actually, pressure could get to them. Cleveland would like nothing better than to put this team in the ground today. Yankees have no offense right now...Cleveland does--Ill take the hot bats over an overpriced, underachieving yankee team

Jimbo42

Euphoria38,
    Hey bro, Tampa won on Friday night... its not a sweep situation... does the pube shaving bet still stand?? LOL

GL brother!

ragiche
    ragiche's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2470

My plays for today are:Nyy, Col, Atl, Tex, Det, Oak, Phi, Laa, Tb. All medium bets for me. My heavy bets are from the NBA , Orl -9.5, Den -6. GL today guys,and may we have a good payday today.

TheLemonDropKid
    TheLemonDropKid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo42 View Post
    Good morning!
    Booked:

Road dogs off two straight one run losses always a good bet in the long run(as CK pointed out... its marathon not a sprint).. only concern is MIL bats are cold... but at the price, I'll give it a shot

Milwaukee +125

Philly hanging their heads after blowing that game in the ninth... and Chan Ho Park is that big a favorite ... are you kidding me?

San Diego +125

GL to all

Well.....here we go.......reloaded and gonna try to create some room (yet again) for CKs HEAVY D AND THE BOYS picks.

And to start things off I'm rollin' with my boy Jimbo on MIL +125 and I'm gonna swing for the over as well for the same amount.

Good luck and Godspeed Jimbo.

Euphoria38

Oh whoops! Im thinking of Thursday and Saturday. My bad! Alrite well if Rays dont tie the series up the pubes thing still does stand, because the sox offense is terrible.

As for the Yanks... You dont get the most expensive roster in baseball to suck. The Yankees demand excellence they better win today or there will be rioting in the bronx and their wonderful stadium.

And of course to be rational about the Yankees situation,

Id rather take a potential ace and CY Young pitcher in Burnett, who not only is fun to watch but has electric stuff, over washed up Carl Pavano who has been getting touched so far this year.

Sometimes all it takes is a good pitcher to quiet those hot bats.
    Last edited by Euphoria38; 04-19-09 at 11:54 AM.

Dexter
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by UnDeRDaWg View Post
    I dont know how anyone can bet on the Yankees right now...
    cause ching ming bling wang aint pitchin today

123 Last