SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alex Smart: Yankees -1½

Alex Smart: Yankees -1½

By: Alex Smart
    http://www.who2beton.com

Play the Yankees on the run line tonight in New York against the Devil Rays.

The Yankees' starter here today, Chien-Ming Wang (17-5, 3.60), is in great form and must be considered to be a Cy Young award candidate this season. The righty hurler has won nine of his last 10 decisions and owns a tight 2.43 ERA in his last five trips to the hill.

His Tampa Bay pitching opponent, Jamie Shields, has seen his team lose his last seven road starts. Not a good omen for his team's chances of even staying close today against a Yankees team that has clobbered RHP like him for a hefty .323 BA in their last 10 overall.

Considering Wang's current form and Yankees red hot bats vs orthodox pitching it will be an easy decision to back the Zoo Crew against the runline in this spot.

Final Notes & Trends: New York is 10-3 vs the D-Rays this year with the 10 victories coming by an average margin of victory of 4.3 RPG.

Play: Yankees -1.5 run line

raqsshoes
    raqsshoes's Avatar Become A Pro!

You read my mind. I agree wholeheartedly.

ivyconniver
    ivyconniver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

-1.5 or nothing on this game, i wouldn't touch -300 or more ML.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shields has been real solid in his last three road starts averaging just over seven innings per start. Wang has also been real solid in his last three. I am taking a shot with the Devil Rays and I also like the under.

Rezzy
    Rezzy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wangs start is pushed back till tommo cause of "rain" or torre wants him to open the redsox series.