gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Monday Picks ( 138-124 +13.87 )

Nationals -1 -103 risk 2.06

Washington has been pretty hot here, winning a series in Cincinnati and taking a few series from Philly and Arizona this month. They actually have one of the best home records in baseball and they send Detwiler to the mound who is 3-2 this year and putting up some impressive numbers, even in his losses he is not giving up alot of hits or earned runs. He had one bad outing this year but has looked pretty sharp overall.

You are probably only going to get 5 or 6 innings from him but against the Padres, one of the worst offenses in baseball, it may not matter. Stauffer coming off rehab here and may not have the greatest win loss record in his career but you have to look at the offense he has had behind him.

Phillies -1 -124 risk 2.48

Blanton is coming off a rather poor performance against the mets but looked very sharp against the Braves and the Cubs in his previous 2 starts. Harrell has been getting shelled in his last 4 starts, with an ERA over 7 and teams getting at least a hit an inning off of him. I thought about the over with this one and these pitchers certainly give up the runs, but even though Houston may be profitable with the overs the Phillies offense still worries me when betting these. They have been putting up better offensive numbers lately though.

Marlins -1 -132 risk 2.64

Sanchez has been putting up phenomenal numbers all year and the Marlins are one of the hottest teams in baseball, 10-2 in their last 12. Lincoln is a relief guy with great numbers but is getting the start because of bedards injury and pitts offense is one of the worst in baseball.

Braves -1 +103 risk 2

Braves are coming off a fantastic series against the Cardinals and have won 4 of their last 5 overall. Bailey has struggled mightily here for the Reds in his last few starts and has an era around 5 for the season.

Cubs tt u3 -115 risk 1.15

Cardinals -1 -121 risk 2.42

Cubs are an under machine lately and just doesnt have much of an offense. I thought about the under with Dempster on the mound and putting up great numbers just not getting any run support, but you never know about the cubs and their relief. Cardinals are too good to continue to lose at home and getting swept by the braves must have stung, hopefully their bats wake up here. Westbrook has looked very sharp this year.

Dodgers/Dbacks (u3.5 1st 5) -130 risk 1.3

Dodgers -1 -112 risk 1.12

Kershaw almost broke a record in his last start for consecutive wins at home and has incredible numbers in LA. He pitched well but just got no run support against the Giants, Dodgers are still the best home team in baseball but this under looks likely with Kennedy and Kershaw on the mound.

Rays/Toronto u4 (1st 5) -115 risk .50

Blue Jays -1 +102 risk .50

Morrow has been incredible this year and Rays struggling lately and have only won one series this month. Pretty poor numbers on the road for the Rays.

Angels -1 -141 risk .75

Angels/Rangers(nhl) +174 risk .75

Angels/Ok. City (nba) -119 risk .50

Angels/Boston(nba) +121 risk .75

The A's have actually been hot lately but I am going to fade Ross here. I am really surprised with Harens poor start but Ross has been getting absolutely shelled here in his last 3 starts with an ERA around 13. He looked a little better against the Blue Jays but still gave up 3 runs in less than 6 innings pitched and doesnt seem to be the same pitcher that beat the Angels earlier this season. The A's will be without Cespedes in an already thin lineup.
    Last edited by gregm; 05-14-12 at 12:40 PM.

vrksayy
    vrksayy's Avatar Become A Pro!

well written. marlins and cards are locks tonight. i actually took rays tonight, though. any news on kemp's hamstring?

gregm

Thanks Vrksayy. They need to sit Kemp anyway even if he can go, his hamstring has really been hurting his hitting this month even before sunday. You have Gwynn who can step in and Scott Van Slyke looked really impressive in for Ethier yesterday after Ethier got tossed. Another reason to like the under but the dbacks are on a horrible run here, 3-9 in their last 12.

I still like the Dodgers at home here with one of the best pitchers in baseball. Some people are going to look at The dodgers last two losses in his last two starts but he doesnt have good numbers in colorados park and he pitched well against the Giants, he just got zero run support that game. Kershaw has some of the best numbers in baseball when pitching at home, he was actually tied for longest home winning streak of 12 since the dodgers moved to LA before the 2-1 loss to the Giants. Time to start a new streak. I am actually adding more on the Dodgers here. Dodgers -1 +102 risk 3
    Last edited by gregm; 05-14-12 at 08:45 PM. Reason: added units on dodgers

gregm

Dodgers came through but the Angels remain crap and are just killing my bankroll. I just wanted to get this game in, rarely play -1.5 run lines but with Strasburg on the mound facing this putrid Padres offense and getting one of the best home teams in baseball, this is worth getting in on the 5dimes reduced line here.

Nationals -1.5 +110 risk 1

Rangers -1.5 -115 risk 1.15