View Poll Results: How was my first post?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • I enjoyed reading it.

2 100.00%
  • I didn't care for it too much.

0 0%
    thesportsexpert
    thesportsexpert's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yu Darvish Thoughts

Yu Darvish has caught us all by suprise, to say the least.

He had a lot of hype coming over to the big leagues, and has proven he is the real deal.

I would watch out for the Rangers in the future, and wouldn't be suprised if they finally win a championship this year (which is much deserved)

What are your thoughts?

Thanks for reading.

Mr. Green
    Mr. Green's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4048

Up to this point in the season, I wouldn't say Darvish has caught me by surprise at all. He has lived up to his expectations so far considering the hype and the amount of money it took for him to get here. Most people had ??? about him because he is a Japanese league pitcher and it is not as competitive over there as MLB. Plus, most Japanese pitchers that do make it over here do not perform as well as expected. However, people need to realize (1) he is 6'5" which creates more difficulty to hit off of, (2) he throws hard ie mid 90s, and (3) he has 6 or 7 different pitches to choose from. This makes him stand out from the typical Japanese pitcher. Also, I believe one thing that most people did not take into consideration about him is he has already proven he can dominate more than just the Japanese league as he dominated everyone in the World Classic a few years ago. So far, he is performing exactly the way he is supposed to be performing.

The Rangers definitely have a shot at the WS. Hitting won't be a problem, and I don't think the bullpen will be a problem. If their starting rotation can hang in there, then the sky is the limit with this team.

Just my thoughts

Thanks for the post