SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mike Rose: Minnesota Twins -150

Mike Rose: Minnesota Twins -150

Hard not to back the Twinkies at home in this spot even if its Francisco Liriano's first stint off the DL.

I know he'll be on a pitch count and I know the A's are looking to avoid the sweep, but the MOJO in the Twinkie Dome is electric right now and I see no reason to jump ship. The Twins 7-5 victory last night marks their fifth straight vs. a division leader, and they've

been playing better ball than anyone in the entire league for the last three months now. Francisco Liriano was simply unhittable before he injured his forearm, and I'm looking for at least 5-6 solid innings of work from him this afternoon.

The A's haven't been playing the best of ball of late evidenced by Their 4-6 mark their L/10 overall. Danny Haren has been a big disappointment in my opinion this year after a decent effort a season ago. He's 1-2 with a 4.77 ERA his L/3 starts, and has been rocked in domes this year giving up 36 hits in 25 innings of work with a bloated ERA of 8.28 and WHIP of 1.64. Look for the Twins bats to get to him early and often as they turn the heat up on the Tigers and Sox early this afternoon to win their respective games.

Game Time: 9/13/2006 1:10:00 PM (EST)

Play: Minnesota Twin -150

By: Mike Rose
    http://www.who2beton.com

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

The value is on the A's today imo...

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think i wil go with the a's tonight as well... (+149)

Ganchrow
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
    Ganchrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1088

We see value in the over, 8 at underdog odds, with Haren's struggles, Liriano's pitch count, and 2 balanced lineups.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Liriano out after 2 innings...

Been keeping one eye on this game and one eye on the work at my desk. Liriano is out after two innings and 22 pitches (17 for strikes). Twins announcers saying he left with a sore elbow Matt Cain relieved him, nought-nought through three now.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Garza came in and shutdown the A's the rest of the way, but Oakland held on. Good call A's backers.