No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Clayton Kershaw has a 5.88 career ERA in 9 Coors Field starts

Granted the numbers are somewhat skewed given his early struggles vs. his current dominating form, but still, is this a guy you want to lay -160 in a building with this kind of track record? I love Kershaw -- he's one of the top three pitchers in the game as far as I'm concerned -- but I don't see any value or angle in that kind of juice today.

Les_Nuts
    Les_Nuts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take him -1, will get rid of some juice. I don't see any angle for playing the Rockies, easy dodgers win IMO

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I take it that's why you're playing the TT?

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

no coincidences ... just b/c something is overpriced does not mean you should bet the other side.

Kershaw is going to be overpriced in every game he pitches in this season. You can bank on that. He's Clayton Kershaw. Everyone knows he's a stud.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

my advice is don't even look at the lines until you have evaluated every game thoroughly first. Sometimes the lines will cause you to over think shit.

I'm guilty over analyzing things my self but sometimes you just gotta use your head and go with your initial thought.

EXhoosier10
    EXhoosier10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4390

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    no coincidences ... just b/c something is overpriced does not mean you should bet the other side.

Kershaw is going to be overpriced in every game he pitches in this season. You can bank on that. He's Clayton Kershaw. Everyone knows he's a stud.
    By definition of overpriced, assuming you're not paying vig, that does mean you should bet the other side. Over hundreds of trials, you will come out ahead. However, there is vig, and you need to take into account how overpriced he is.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

what i mean is the public is going to slam the Dodgers every time Kershaw pitches and drive the line up.

but just b/c the public is on the Dodgers does not mean Kershaw and the Dodgers will have a bad game. Pomeranz has not lasted 6 innings all season.

LotsoCheese
    I want my NFL!
    LotsoCheese's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

I am on Kershaw with that juice. Not even sweating it. Definitely hitting up Halladay tonight as well.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    what i mean is the public is going to slam the Dodgers every time Kershaw pitches and drive the line up.

but just b/c the public is on the Dodgers does not mean Kershaw and the Dodgers will have a bad game. Pomeranz has not lasted 6 innings all season.
    Dodgers will undoubtedly hit Pomeranz. That goes without saying.

Question is, can Kershaw keep the COL bats in check? He's not at C-R today.