SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Los Angeles Dodgers (110)

Los Angeles Dodgers (110)

The Dodgers got an enormous effort from Derek Lowe last night, and they were able to salvage the final game of their series vs. Milwaukee.

Lowe allowed three hits and an unearned run in eight innings to help the Dodgers beat the Milwaukee Brewers 2-1 Wednesday night and stop a three-game losing streak.

LA's bats have been awfully silent of late going 16 scoreless innings over three games, but I've got a feeling their lumber wakes up tonight against Tommy Glavine who just didn't look up to snuff in his first start since coming off the DL. He only went 5 innings, and allowed the Houston Astros of all teams to pound him for 7 hits and 6 runs.

I foresee the Dodgers making a statement in this four game set with the division leading Mets. NY is sitting pretty, while LA is in the thick of the NL West and Wild Card races. Look for the 1st place Mets to awaken Penny from his mediocre form of late, and for him to pitch a gem en route to the Dodgers second road win in a row.

Game Time: 9/7/2006 7:10:00 PM

Play: Los Angeles Dodgers

By: Mike Rose
    http://www.who2beton.com

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Penny is giving up too many base runners and I can see the Mets lighting him up tonight.