Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Atlanta's done!!!

Braves lost the first game and are loosing the second one 6-0Its pretty safe to say their season is over...
    that really sucks!!!
    Its gonna feel weird...
    Still, I love baseball and Ill find someone to root for...
    There's always next year I guess...
    Anyway, it was a nice ride...
    Thank you Bobby and Johnny for an amazing run...

InSpades
    InSpades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

I had them at 33-1 to win the wild card. I thought it was lookig good 2 weeks ago.

IS

Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by InSpades
    I had them at 33-1 to win the wild card. I thought it was lookig good 2 weeks ago.

IS
    It was dude...
    I even embarassed myself by writting a "here come the braves" thread thinking I would look like a genius when they clinched the WC the last day of the season...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

no doubt there done now.

the braves shot themselves in the foot, after that 10 game losing streak. they just never recovered from that one.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

i'm still a braves fan

was there before the great run and will be here after

it was a good run even though we should have gotten 1 or so more titles but at least there is 1 I guess

hudson has been a bust

they are done this year but if they get another solid starter with some leadership skills then they will be right back in it next year

Hulu
    Hulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I know it probably wasn't funny to you braves fans out there but watching the end of game 2, I had a laugh at the Mets fans mocking the tomahawk chop.

Maybe in bad taste but I like tough crowds. Sports fans in N America are a little too pansy-ass in my opinion. After seeing some soccer matches in the UK, I really enjoyed the rowdiness of the crowds and found crowds here a big let down when I moved back.

Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by goldengoat
    i'm still a braves fan

was there before the great run and will be here after

it was a good run even though we should have gotten 1 or so more titles but at least there is 1 I guess

hudson has been a bust

they are done this year but if they get another solid starter with some leadership skills then they will be right back in it next year
    Hey GG, I didnt know that there was another Braves fan here...
    I think the Atlanta fans deserved this though. Watching some playoff games the last couple of years and seeing how they were empty seats in Atlanta just made me sick...

I think the Braves rotation will be fine with... Smoltz, Hudson, Hampton, Ramirez, and James... Its the lineup that concerns me... Giles wil most likely be gone and replaced by Aybar, and Andrew could be traded before he becomes a FA...
    The division is gonna be tough cause the Mets are gonna be good for a while and so is Philly, and probably the Marlins too...
    Anyway man, I'll always be a Braves fan, no matter what!!!