Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Comeback players?

Who do you guys like for the Comeback Players of the Year in each league? Thome's a great pick, but I can't decide if he should be eligible for the AL award since he wasn't even in that league in '05.

How about the NL? Any chance that Bonds gets it, especially if he cranks another 6-8 homers this month?

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont think Bonds has a chance Willie...
    And with all his MVP's I dont see them getting out of their ways to give him an award...
    I would have to go with either Garciaparra or Renteria in the NL and Thome or Thomas in the AL.
    I think Kenny Rogers would have a shot if he was in the ballot...

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

You might be right about Bonds not having a chance, given the attitude of the holier than thou sportswriters nowadays.

That would be weird if Renteria won in the NL and Thome in the AL after both switched leagues

I sort of forgot about Nomar. Think my votes would go to him and Frank Thomas.

Kenny Rogers always has a fine comeback since he usually sucks in the second half and shines in the first half of a season.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nomar should win this awards IMO

just look what this guy has done for the dodgers this year.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I posted a poll about this a while ago...
    Im pretty sure I voted for Nomar and Thomas...
    Nomar and Thome were the most popular if I recall...

jesterson
    jesterson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Carlos Beltran! He's hit 3 times the number of HRs as last year and will have twice as many RBI. I'd say Nomar if he wasn't hurt for an extended period this year.

In the AL, I'd guess Frank Thomas gets it because he's been so quiet for so long.