TRE1968
    TRE1968's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

maybe first 5 might work..first 5 innings

big limpin
    big limpin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Do you by any chance have the record from last year? Were there any losses? And if you only bet to win .001% of your unit, wouldnt that be only 10 cents if your unit size was $100?

There were 3 system losses last year. Worst year I have had was 2008 with 5 system losses... was still a profitable year.

I use .001 of my total roll. This year my unit for the system is $13.

do5000
    do5000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 681

Quote Originally Posted by big limpin View Post
    There were 3 system losses last year. Worst year I have had was 2008 with 5 system losses... was still a profitable year.

its still very interesting. im sure more suggestions will come up on how to make it profitable and safe.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Oh ok thanks for the response.. I guess either my math is bad, or you have a huge roll.. bc if you are betting to win $13 per unit, wouldn't that make your roll $130k? Since $13 is .001% of 130k? Wish i was you!

big limpin

Oh ok thanks for the response.. I guess either my math is bad, or you have a huge roll.. bc if you are betting to win $13 per unit, wouldn't that make your roll $130k? Since $13 is .001% of 130k? Wish i was you!
    13,000 actually. A tenth of 1% of 13,000 is 13.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

A new thread should be created for the shut out system

slapshot
    slapshot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23647

A few quick things...

I tracked this system for a while last year, and noticed a few key issues that I think should be looked at... A quick series that comes to mind is the Tex/Balt series in July.. Tex was the biggest favorite for 4 straight days.. if you were to bet the -1rl on the biggest favorite each day, you would have lost over 80 units just on this series. If you were to go on and make the 5th bet, you would have had to risk over 200 units..

What i take from this is...

#1: Apply some type of filter to not bet the same team more then once... this way one slumping team cannot completely crush your bankroll.

#2: Use some type of labby system (as slapshot spoke of), or bet to win .25% or less of your bank roll to ensure that you have plenty of money to make all 5 bets..

Slapshot--- a few questions you may know the answer to..

Do you know how the history of this system may look with this filter (not playing the same team more then once in a single series) applied?

How have you been determining what team to bet when both teams have the same line? Say both teams are -250 for the day?

Thanks and best of luck..
    are you talking about this series:
    july
    8 tex 0
    9 tex 0
    10 tb 1
    11 tex 0
    0 equals loss......1 is a win

as you can see....i had tampa to win the 10th of july breaking up the texas skid.
    but i do think you're bringing up an interesting idea...not reusing teams during one series.

it would be a fairly large task to back test that i don't have the time for at the moment.

the tie breaker for games with favorites at the same line i picked the game with the highest total for the research.

hope this answers your questions.

dlunc3

13,000 actually. A tenth of 1% of 13,000 is 13.
    Ohhh ok... so you meant to say .01% of a unit...not .001 correct? pretty big difference..thanks for the help.

shinnman
    shinnman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 86

Ohhh ok... so you meant to say .01% of a unit...not .001 correct? pretty big difference..thanks for the help.

dude just stop .001 of 13000 is 13, move on

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by shinnman View Post
    dude just stop .001 of 13000 is 13, move on
    I apologize, but some of us do not just bet with pennies or betpoints, and rely on our sports betting winnings to eat and live... when I see numbers as good as systems like this can produce, I take interest in them and study them before putting the system in to practice. I am very thankful for Big Limpin's insight... and I just like to make sure all my ducks are in a row before risking 10s of thousands of my dollars... that extra zero can make a huge difference if you arent playing for pennies like obviously you are..

Maybe my math is wrong here, but the way i see it:

1% of $13,000 would be $130
    .1 % would be $13
    .01% would be $1.30
    .001% would be .13 cents (which is his recommended bet amount)

So if he were to be betting to win $13 per bet, that would be to win .1% of his roll.. not .01 or even .001... pretty huge difference wouldnt you say? Again, I am thankful for his input and I cant wait to put his info to use... but before I do, I just wanna make sure everything is in order... My math may be wrong, but that is how I see it... if I am wrong, thank you for correcting me..but id rather be wrong at this point in the season then down 50k in august bc of a simple mistake like an extra 0 here and there...

enjoy your penny slots and your sbr point bets..

shinnman

I apologize, but some of us do not just bet with pennies or betpoints, and rely on our sports betting winnings to eat and live... when I see numbers as good as systems like this can produce, I take interest in them and study them before putting the system in to practice. I am very thankful for Big Limpin's insight... and I just like to make sure all my ducks are in a row before risking 10s of thousands of my dollars... that extra zero can make a huge difference if you arent playing for pennies like obviously you are..

Maybe my math is wrong here, but the way i see it:

1% of $13,000 would be $130
    .1 % would be $13
    .01% would be $1.30
    .001% would be .13 cents (which is his recommended bet amount)

So if he were to be betting to win $13 per bet, that would be to win .1% of his roll.. not .01 or even .001... pretty huge difference wouldnt you say? Again, I am thankful for his input and I cant wait to put his info to use... but before I do, I just wanna make sure everything is in order... My math may be wrong, but that is how I see it... if I am wrong, thank you for correcting me..but id rather be wrong at this point in the season then down 50k in august bc of a simple mistake like an extra 0 here and there...

enjoy your penny slots and your sbr point bets..
    wow dude i was just giving you a hard time, your mistake is putting a % where it wasnt , limpin said he will be playing .001 of 13000 not .001% which is obviously different. we are both here for the same reason, to make money, not sure why my commenting on your post makes me an invalid. i take sports betting very seriously as i see you do as well, gl in all your bets

dlunc3

Big limpins exact quote was: "I would still stick with the .0010% fellas... it sounds super anal but I think this system should still be used for FUN."

So, again just trying to clarify before putting big money at risk.. since he had said .0010 %... no need to step in and tell someone to stop inquiring with important questions regarding a system... that is the point of these forums.. help each other other to try to make money and beat the books.. not telling each other to stop posting esp. with a % as crucial as the one being talked about.. anyway... thanks again big limpin for the system... now that everything should be in the clear, best of luck to us all this season!

DustyDiamond
    DustyDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2541

A few quick things...

I tracked this system for a while last year, and noticed a few key issues that I think should be looked at... A quick series that comes to mind is the Tex/Balt series in July.. Tex was the biggest favorite for 4 straight days.. if you were to bet the -1rl on the biggest favorite each day, you would have lost over 80 units just on this series. If you were to go on and make the 5th bet, you would have had to risk over 200 units..

What i take from this is...

#1: Apply some type of filter to not bet the same team more then once... this way one slumping team cannot completely crush your bankroll.

#2: Use some type of labby system (as slapshot spoke of), or bet to win .25% or less of your bank roll to ensure that you have plenty of money to make all 5 bets..

Slapshot--- a few questions you may know the answer to..

Do you know how the history of this system may look with this filter (not playing the same team more then once in a single series) applied?

How have you been determining what team to bet when both teams have the same line? Say both teams are -250 for the day?

Thanks and best of luck..
    People who bet on Texas and lost did NOT follow the system. Texas was NOT the favorite on the opening lines. Texas got pulled off the board that day and odds reposted because of Lee. If you stuck with the system and only looked at opening lines than this would not of been a loss for some people

DustyDiamond

Hi Dusty,

Were you back testing the "Bet For" or "Bet Against"?? Last season I brought home 167 units running the "Bet Against" system.

One filter that I do add is:

If a team has suffered a shut and the next day plays against another team you are already working on, allow your first team to finished the 6 game chase / or win before you begin chasing the other team.

I think that is important as you never want to guarantee a loss for any of the teams you are chasing. If you bet both sides you are obviously guaranteeing a B bet for one team.

Hope this helps! Looking forward to next week!
    I back tested both. Got 280-3 for the bet against and 258-6 for bet for. I did not apply your filter. So things might be different.

If your going to wait until the first team is finished, what happens if the other team loses which forces a B bet on the first team? The second team no longer qualifies right?

big limpin

Quote Originally Posted by DustyDiamond View Post
    I back tested both. Got 280-3 for the bet against and 258-6 for bet for. I did not apply your filter. So things might be different.

If your going to wait until the first team is finished, what happens if the other team loses which forces a B bet on the first team? The second team no longer qualifies right?

Hmmmm... I,would still consider them qualified. But you bring up an interesting point... maybe I should apply that filers to eliminate that team.

mwhelan11
    mwhelan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 95

I agree with Jello.. this is still in trial... it looks really good which is always fishy in the sports betting world. usually if its to good to be true then it is. you definitely need a high bankroll for this. that 6 game was over 300 dollars with 10 dollar units and im sure everyone in here is over 10 dollar units

DustyDiamond

Hmmmm... I,would still consider them qualified. But you bring up an interesting point... maybe I should apply that filers to eliminate that team.
    To me that would eliminate the second team, because then you are not following the system anymore. Also here is another situation. Your betting against a team to lose their next game after a shutout. Lets say their next game they get shut out again. That would win the series, do you automatically start a new series because of the second shutout, or would that game just end the original series.

Hip2Bsq
    Hip2Bsq's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spammed a ton of threads, real classy.

TRE1968
    TRE1968's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Big limpins exact quote was: "I would still stick with the .0010% fellas... it sounds super anal but I think this system should still be used for FUN."

So, again just trying to clarify before putting big money at risk.. since he had said .0010 %... no need to step in and tell someone to stop inquiring with important questions regarding a system... that is the point of these forums.. help each other other to try to make money and beat the books.. not telling each other to stop posting esp. with a % as crucial as the one being talked about.. anyway... thanks again big limpin for the system... now that everything should be in the clear, best of luck to us all this season!
    anybody betting 6 gm chase doesnt bet for a living anyway

shinnman

think i will run a labby betting for a team to win one of the first 2 games after being shut out, teams must be above .500, last yr would have won 61% , thats good profit for a labby system

gofightingirish
    gofightingirish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6691

so what are we doing here gentleman.....is this thread gonna be a chase? opening day is around the corner.....I cant wait as college basketball has put a dent in me the last two months....although I do worry about losing large moneylines on baseball

SkivChef
    SkivChef's Avatar Become A Pro!

we goin live tommorrow or waiting?

slapshot
    slapshot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23647

i think we need a new thread for the season for this system......i'll create a new one shortly.

DustyDiamond

Quote Originally Posted by SkivChef View Post
    we goin live tommorrow or waiting?
    I am personally going to be waiting a few weeks, let the teams settle out so the lines become more accurate.

joeytunes
    joeytunes's Avatar Become A Pro!

im with it i like it...can the same b applied for dog?

shinnman

labby labby labby, all the way to the bank

DustyDiamond

Looks like we have our first shutout system bet tomorrow. Bet against the Washington Nationals.

First ... 78798081