J.M. Disciple
    J.M. Disciple's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9679

5 dimes has Phi at (-132) [reduced section] vs Mia
    has COL +110 (regular section)

Good Luck

Early lines are always lowest usually. I know texas went from -220 to -240 when I bet on them, so get your bets in early.

Any other plays tomorrow?

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6494

Quote Originally Posted by J.M. Disciple View Post
    swordsandtequila

I think you explained the labby slightly wrong. When you said divide your loss from COl and Phi on to the two lines you added FOUR NUMBERS! When you are running a labby you are only suppose to add 1 # per loss. it should not be

10 - 10 - 10 - 10 - (15) - (17)

JMD
    I believe you misunderstood. I'm splitting the loss from both losses and applying them to each line on an individual game basis. One loss for 30u (15u line 1 and 2), one loss for 34u (17u line 1 and 2). 15u each line for PHI and 17u each line for COL. This is exactly how it's done in the Plat. Sports link posted above (and beginning of thread). I could total up all losses for the day (64u), split and apply 32u to lines 1 and 2, or go old school and add the whole 64u to the end of line 1. Doesn't matter. Your way is a little more aggressive, bigger bets clearing lines faster. The way I choose keeps the bets more manageable (smaller starting bankroll) and takes a little longer to clear lines.

If both teams win tomorrow, I strike 2 sets of numbers, one for each win. If both lose, I split again and add each to lines 2 and 3. If one wins and one loses I strike one set and add in the loss. Read the 6/18/09 - Latest Labourchere Update (middle of page) posted above. Probably explains it a little better.

Long story already too long, both ways work, and as you know, there's many more ways to manage your lines. Basic difference is I'm counting each loss on it's own, seems you, on3, etc., are totaling your losses and treating as one. My way easier with small bankroll, yours better for larger bankrolls. It's all good!

AwesomeGuy
    AwesomeGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 549

Good Luck

Early lines are always lowest usually. I know texas went from -220 to -240 when I bet on them, so get your bets in early.

No new plays tomorrow.

alxsamsonov
    alxsamsonov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 824

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeGuy View Post
    No new plays tomorrow.
    no but we have the continuation of the Colorado and Philly series as B level bets. refer back to on3's post from 7:48 pm today.

alxsamsonov

Good Luck

Thanks for the heads up on the early reduced lines. I have noticed that these opening lines have been better than closer to game time as well.

J.M. Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by O View Post
    You guys are all great helping each other out. Admittedly I had some questions even after reading the thread several times. Great job doing a deeper dive.

Quick question or confirmation.... you mentioned "we are NOT using martingale". Can I use that system? The series record would be the same correct? Or am I missing something and would be leaving myself vulnerable?

Lets say your juice is (-150) on average.

3 game chase:
    A: $30 to win $20
    B: $75 to win $50
    C: $187.50 to win $125

Total loss of a series: $292.50

Now use that for last years record:
    194 wins (194 x $20) $3,880
    8 losses (8 x $292.50) $2,340

Profit: $1,540 (77units)

This is a nice profit assuming the juice was an average of (-150) as you can see some times Texas was at -220 or -240 so the juice would be a bit higher.

So yes you could do it that way if you chose, but I do not recommend it. As you can see your bet would of been over $180 on the C bet or 9 units! Last season the biggest bet was around 5 units. Also note if you lost a series it would take ($292 in lost money / 20 ) 15 series to make all your money back.

With the labby you make all the money back you lost on the series + make all the money from the wins.

The labby will be more lucrative then the martingale guaranteed! Also it lowers the risk and does not take 15 SERIES!!!! to make your money back. If you lose a series with the labby:

10 - 10 - 10 - 10 ($30) - ($60) - ($105)
    Your total loss after 3 straight wagers is $30+$60+105 or $195 also it will only take 3 wins to show a profit after your 3 losses. Compare that to the martingale where you experience a series loss where it takes 15 series to just be even again.

your choice on the way you want to do it, but i can assure you labby is the safer and more lucrative way.

I will have some more tips for people later as everyone gets more experienced with the labby.

Tip #1
    If you start with $2k bankroll and have a $20 unit size (2% per line) Then when you get a fresh line start it with 2% again. Say after 10 series you now have a $2,200 bankroll. Your new unit size is $22! yes only $2 more but that is $2 more profit.... Do this through out the season and you will be up a bunch of money. I think this way is much more lucrative then having a stagnant unit size. I would increase your unit size by $1 for every $100 you win.

If anyone has a complete list of last seasons records in order of date and win / loss I will show you all how much more it can win then having a stagnant $20 unit size.

Hope this helps.

It will be a little harder to keep track of units your up, but the amount of money your up will be much more.

I have a much smaller unit size then $20 right now, but I will be doing it this way. If On3 does not mind i can post my labby approach each day to show people how your unit size grows. I do not want to confuse anyone though, so its up to on3.

Good Luck tomorrow
    bets are in!!!
    JMD

AwesomeGuy

Quote Originally Posted by alxsamsonov View Post
    no but we have the continuation of the Colorado and Philly series as B level bets. refer back to on3's post from 7:48 pm today.
    Should have clarified. No new plays but continuation of the other plays (Rockies, Phillies) as series B bets.

alxsamsonov

Quote Originally Posted by AwesomeGuy View Post
    Should have clarified. No new plays but continuation of the other plays (Rockies, Phillies) as series B bets.
    It's all good. thought you were a bit confused.

J.M. Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    I believe you misunderstood. I'm splitting the loss from both losses and applying them to each line on an individual game basis. One loss for 30u (15u line 1 and 2), one loss for 34u (17u line 1 and 2). 15u each line for PHI and 17u each line for COL. This is exactly how it's done in the Plat. Sports link posted above (and beginning of thread). I could total up all losses for the day (64u), split and apply 32u to lines 1 and 2, or go old school and add the whole 64u to the end of line 1. Doesn't matter. Your way is a little more aggressive, bigger bets clearing lines faster. The way I choose keeps the bets more manageable (smaller starting bankroll) and takes a little longer to clear lines.

If both teams win tomorrow, I strike 2 sets of numbers, one for each win. If both lose, I split again and add each to lines 2 and 3. If one wins and one loses I strike one set and add in the loss. Read the 6/18/09 - Latest Labourchere Update (middle of page) posted above. Probably explains it a little better.

Long story already too long, both ways work, and as you know, there's many more ways to manage your lines. Basic difference is I'm counting each loss on it's own, seems you, on3, etc., are totaling your losses and treating as one. My way easier with small bankroll, yours better for larger bankrolls. It's all good!
    I understood exactly how you did. If you took the total $64 and split $32 on one line and $32 on the other line it would be much better. Lets look at what you did again.

10 - 10 - 10 - 10 - 17 - 15
    10 - 10 - 10 - 10 - 17 - 15
    Right?

It will take you 6 wins to clear both lines. Where as on3 and myself
    10-10 - 10 -10 - 32
    10-10 - 10 -10 - 32

Will only need 4 wins if you move the two remaining 10s together at the very end. The way you are doing it will keep the bet size smaller on certain days and bigger on other days. If I would win ($32 + $10) on my next game my next bet would only be to win $20 where as yours would be to win ($10 + 17) $27!. So yours would be smaller on the first bet but bigger on the 2nd bet.

I understand exactly what you are doing, but think of it this way. If over a 10 game sample you go 5 wins and 5 losses, Your line would still not be cleared where as On3 and others would have cleared 2 lines!

W 10 / 10 / 10 / 10
    L 10 / 10
    W 10 / 10 / 20
    L 10
    W 10 / 10 Clear +2 units
    L 10 / 10 / 10 / 10
    W 10 / 10 / 10 / 10 / 20
    L 10 / 10 / 10
    W 10 / 10 / 10 /20
    L 10 / 10

Ok so after 10 games we managed to show a profit of 2 units... I was a little off by saying we cleared 2 lines. now lets look at your approach.

W 10 - 10 - 10 - 10
    L 10 - 10
    W 10 - 10 (10+10)
    L 10 - 10
    W 10 - 10 (10+10)
    L 10 - 10
    W 10 - 10 (10+10)
    L 10 - 10
    W 10 - 10 (10+10)
    L 10 - 10

You see when you add two #s win you lose and cross two numbers when you win it goes no where! That is with +100 odds over 50% on a 10 game sample. You hit 50% over 100 games using your strategy and your bankroll will go bust from all the juice i can assure you.

Now you understand why you should not add two numbers? You will make maybe 1/2 the amount of profit as everyone else assuming system hits above 50%.

Take my advice and stick to the way on3 or myself is doing it. Do not be prideful and stubborn I have plenty of experience in this labby strategy if you have not noticed already.

Just trying to help
    JMD
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: AwesomeGuy

J.M. Disciple

If anyone has other question ill be back online tomorrow, im done with my long replies for tonight.

Good Night all and good luck

once again do not over think the labby, its simple to run.

#1 Bankroll management (no more then 2% per line)
    #2 keep it simple and dont over think things

Thanks
    jMD

ifiwaspresident
    ifiwaspresident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 655

This is an incredibly intuitive system. It is very fluid but if you choose your base unit denomination wisely based on your overall bankroll, your exposure is actually extremely low if you factor in probability. You can always lose, but by and large you are very well insulated from loss as long as you don't lose your nerve. I'll be tailing, and thanks for all of your work keeping up with the statistics to qualify which series are in play.

darkmatter117
    darkmatter117's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thelimit0310 View Post
    7/5 would be too heavy considering we always play favs. But I have been working on a version of this betting strategy for this system and will let you know the results when they are ready.
    New guy here. Sorry to bring up the past, but could someone point me to a post that explains this 7/5 NBA system? Thanks, guys.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

First, I appreciate your advice. I'll take all I can get. I'm neither prideful nor stubborn. But, honestly, I don't understand your examples or how you're utilizing your lines. My 3 lines represent games 1, 2, and 3 of each respective series. I'm not adding 2 numbers to the lines for a loss; if it's one game, then 1 loss is added (split between lines). I'm only adding 2 for 2 separate losses and so on. But I strike multiple numbers for multiple wins, so it doesn't take that much longer to clear a line. Your example (10 game sample) shows me splitting a single loss on the same line, that's incorrect, unless I'm reading it wrong. Your way will definitely clear a line quicker, but a multiple game losing streak will wipe out a small bankroll.

I understood exactly how you did.
    Respectfully, no.

You see when you add two #s win you lose and cross two numbers when you win it goes no where!
    Not what I'm doing.

You can take the total loss and divide it by 2! but not 4! If you cross two #s when you win and add two #s when you lose you are defeating the purpose of the labby. When you are cross two and add one you only need a 34% win percentage to show a profit (2:1), but when you are 2:2 you need at least 50% win percentage to show a profit.

I'll never add two numbers for a loss and cross two for a win. If I've added two numbers (for two losses) then subsequent wins result in crossing 4 numbers. At the end of the day, it's just money management. As my bank grows, it's likely that I'll use one figure for losses, but not yet. But as I said, I do appreciate any and all advice, constructive criticism, whatever it may be. I'm no expert and don't pretend to know it all. Just here to make a few bucks.
    Last edited by swordsandtequila; 04-11-12 at 11:28 AM.

WVU9494
    WVU9494's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyone else doing a martindale system? I'm doing a $100unit and a $200unit on filtered games.

For some reason I can't get the labby system to filter in my brain, and I am an engineer
    Last edited by WVU9494; 04-11-12 at 01:09 AM.

drnkyourmlkshk
    drnkyourmlkshk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6063

Ok before anyone gets treated like they're retarded for not understanding the labby line no matter how many times people in this thread say its so simple.
    Just tell me what amount to bet.

I bet 24.00 sf giants to win 15
    I bet 22.70 colorado rockies to win 15

Tomorrow they both how much am I betting? Everytime I think I know how much someone posts 3 opinions, 2 diagrams and a link.

I am a college football bettor and before 5 monthd ago had never even bet a moneyline. Im a flat unit bettor normally. Yes Im a noob but Im here to learn.
    I dont have a pm option yet.
    So please someone answer the above question just the amount.

Also 1945$ roll how much should my unit size be?
    Ill understand everything in time, thank you very much for all the patience and help.
    MILK

on3
    on3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3372

Quote Originally Posted by drnkyourmlkshk View Post
    Ok before anyone gets treated like they're retarded for not understanding the labby line no matter how many times people in this thread say its so simple.
    Just tell me what amount to bet.

I bet 24.00 sf giants to win 15
    I bet 22.70 colorado rockies to win 15

Tomorrow they both how much am I betting? Everytime I think I know how much someone posts 3 opinions, 2 diagrams and a link.

I am a college football bettor and before 5 monthd ago had never even bet a moneyline. Im a flat unit bettor normally. Yes Im a noob but Im here to learn.
    I dont have a pm option yet.
    So please someone answer the above question just the amount.

Also 1945$ roll how much should my unit size be?
    Ill understand everything in time, thank you very much for all the patience and help.
    MILK
    if you are at $15/unit, then take my $20/unit and multiply by .75 to get your wager amounts. after a few cycles you'll get it. you need to actually write out your labby lines otherwise you wont be able to 'visualize' it.

AwesomeGuy

Quote Originally Posted by on3 View Post
    if you are at $15/unit, then take my $20/unit and multiply by .75 to get your wager amounts. after a few cycles you'll get it. you need to actually write out your labby lines otherwise you wont be able to 'visualize' it.
    drnkyourmlkshk,

Your units are $15 so your labby lines would be:

(A) 7.5-7.5-7.5-7.5
    (B) 7.5-7.5-7.5-7.5
    (C) 7.5-7.5-7.5-7.5

You're always betting to win the outside numbers first to clear the line. So your hypothetical first bet would be to win $15. So let's say hypothetically you're betting on The Jays -200 to win $15 and Rangers -200 to win $15 on the same day and they both lose. Your total loss is $30. You would add this to the end of the A line:

(A) 7.5-7.5-7.5-7.5-(30)
    (B) 7.5-7.5-7.5-7.5
    (C) 7.5-7.5-7.5-7.5

on3 is splitting that loss half onto A and half onto B so it actually looks like this:

(A) 7.5-7.5-7.5-7.5-(15)
    (B) 7.5-7.5-7.5-7.5-(15)
    (C) 7.5-7.5-7.5-7.5

Add the 15 to the end 7.5 on both lines so you get this:

(A) 7.5-7.5-7.5-22.5
    (B) 7.5-7.5-7.5-22.5
    (C) 7.5-7.5-7.5-7.5

On3 likes to make the wagers more balanced so he averages the last 7.5 on each line with 22.5 which results in this:

(A) 7.5-7.5-15-15
    (B) 7.5-7.5-15-15
    (C) 7.5-7.5-7.5-7.5

So on day 2, let's suppose the only bets you have 1 new game, betting on Rays -200 and the two chase games from before Jays and Rangers who are both also -200. You always bet the outside numbers first. So with the Rays -200, you're betting to win $7.5+$15 which is $22.50. So that means you're betting $45.00 on the Rays to $22.50.

Now back to the Jays and the Rangers. These are now game 2 or series B so you're on the 2nd line. You do the outside bets first which you can assign to Jays which are $7.5+$15 which means your'e betting to win $22.50 which means you're betting $45.00. Now you do the inside numbers for the Rangers which happen to be $7+15 as well so you're betting $45.00 @-200 to win $22.50.

Each time you win a game, you cross off the corresponding numbers on the line. If you lose, you add it to the line as I showed you above. There are some great posts above mine which also explain things in greater detail.

GL
    Points Awarded:

drnkyourmlkshk gave AwesomeGuy 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SlickRick1382

drnkyourmlkshk
    drnkyourmlkshk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6063

Not able to send you points on3?
    I tried sending 1-10 points.
    I got it now and ill be sending points asap.
    Thanks again guys

abv
    abv's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WVU9494 View Post
    Anyone else doing a martindale system? I'm doing a $100unit and a $200unit on filtered games.

For some reason I can't get the labby system to filter in my brain, and I am an engineer
    Think of it as a modified chase. You never lose money in the end, you merely have your desired profits delayed by individual losses. In order for this to work bets may need to increase in size based on the amount of losses you encounter before you win the desired amount. By doing larger bets that have previous losses absorbed into them (like a chase would) fewer wins are required to win the desired amount. There are many methods for managing a labby line so you might see some people do it very differently than others but on3 does a good job so, like he said, follow it and write it down yourself.

Don't worry, I'm an engineer as well and it took me some time to get it. One basic aspect of the labby line that took me a while to get was: why are there four 10s on the labby if I want to win 20? Basically the fact that we commonly start with four numbers on a labby line is actually quite arbitrary - it could be four, six, eight, whatever. The idea is to scratch off two numbers to win a unit then repeat. Four numbers (implying a desired profit of two units per line) seems to simply be a reasonable compromise between having endless new lines and having a manageable labby in case things get complicated.
    Last edited by abv; 04-11-12 at 03:33 AM.

WVU9494

Thanks! When you guys say "chase" you are basically referring to the Martindale system, right?

WVU9494

The last few post explain the labby system well. Before the nba road system, which went 90-0 this year, I never even used martingale so sOme of this is new to a lot of us.

darkmatter117
    darkmatter117's Avatar Become A Pro!

The last few post explain the labby system well. Before the nba road system, which went 90-0 this year, I never even used martingale so sOme of this is new to a lot of us.
    What are the conditions for the "NBA road system"? on3, I'm sorry to clog the thread. I'm just trying to understand these systems that others keep mentioning, like the "7/5 method." I don't need a full explanation; just a link would suffice. Thanks, guys.

ctduckett
    ctduckett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1781

What are the plays for today?

airattackers
    airattackers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 688

@ wvu 9494...can u send me the link for the nba road link pls...

O's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9725

Lets say your juice is (-150) on average.

3 game chase:
    A: $30 to win $20
    B: $75 to win $50
    C: $187.50 to win $125

Total loss of a series: $292.50

Now use that for last years record:
    194 wins (194 x $20) $3,880
    8 losses (8 x $292.50) $2,340

Profit: $1,540 (77units)

This is a nice profit assuming the juice was an average of (-150) as you can see some times Texas was at -220 or -240 so the juice would be a bit higher.

So yes you could do it that way if you chose, but I do not recommend it. As you can see your bet would of been over $180 on the C bet or 9 units! Last season the biggest bet was around 5 units. Also note if you lost a series it would take ($292 in lost money / 20 ) 15 series to make all your money back.

With the labby you make all the money back you lost on the series + make all the money from the wins.

The labby will be more lucrative then the martingale guaranteed! Also it lowers the risk and does not take 15 SERIES!!!! to make your money back. If you lose a series with the labby:

10 - 10 - 10 - 10 ($30) - ($60) - ($105)
    Your total loss after 3 straight wagers is $30+$60+105 or $195 also it will only take 3 wins to show a profit after your 3 losses. Compare that to the martingale where you experience a series loss where it takes 15 series to just be even again.

your choice on the way you want to do it, but i can assure you labby is the safer and more lucrative way.

I will have some more tips for people later as everyone gets more experienced with the labby.

Tip #1
    If you start with $2k bankroll and have a $20 unit size (2% per line) Then when you get a fresh line start it with 2% again. Say after 10 series you now have a $2,200 bankroll. Your new unit size is $22! yes only $2 more but that is $2 more profit.... Do this through out the season and you will be up a bunch of money. I think this way is much more lucrative then having a stagnant unit size. I would increase your unit size by $1 for every $100 you win.

If anyone has a complete list of last seasons records in order of date and win / loss I will show you all how much more it can win then having a stagnant $20 unit size.

Hope this helps.

It will be a little harder to keep track of units your up, but the amount of money your up will be much more.

I have a much smaller unit size then $20 right now, but I will be doing it this way. If On3 does not mind i can post my labby approach each day to show people how your unit size grows. I do not want to confuse anyone though, so its up to on3.

Good Luck tomorrow
    bets are in!!!
    JMD
    Thanks JM!!! Most appreciated! But I think the win amount ends up to be the same just not with the same exposure. Right?

I tried to give you some points, but it wouldn't let me??

alxsamsonov

Quote Originally Posted by airattackers View Post
    @ wvu 9494...can u send me the link for the nba road link pls...
    http://www.sportsbookreview.com/forum/nba-basket...2011-12-a.html

I played the system this year. It was very profitable and easy to pick up although it requires a lot of attention and patience.

J.M. Disciple

ill be back in a few hours to answer these post. I do not mean to come off blunt, but some of you are still not understanding it.

yes, when you have 1 line or 2 lines and your losses total 64 your lines are

10 - 10 - 10 - 10
    10 - 10 - 10 - 10

after two losses your lines should be

10 - 10 - 10 - 10- 32
    10 - 10 - 10 - 10 - 32

Wether it you call it splitting or not, its still adding 1 # per loss

when you do
    10 - 10 -10 - 10 17 - 15
    10 - 10 -10 - 10 17 - 15

I do not understand how you say you are not adding two #s per loss. In my example 32 + 32 = $64 and totals two #s (1 per line)

in your example you did 17 + 15 + 17 + 15 and added 4 #s.... I do not know how I am reading this wrong....

Can someone else chime in here and let me know if im wrong?

be back in a few hours.....

Gndias
    Gndias's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2596

9 pages and we are still debating the system

sstrunks52005
    sstrunks52005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 689

Quote Originally Posted by abv View Post
    Think of it as a modified chase. You never lose money in the end, you merely have your desired profits delayed by individual losses. In order for this to work bets may need to increase in size based on the amount of losses you encounter before you win the desired amount. By doing larger bets that have previous losses absorbed into them (like a chase would) fewer wins are required to win the desired amount. There are many methods for managing a labby line so you might see some people do it very differently than others but on3 does a good job so, like he said, follow it and write it down yourself.

Don't worry, I'm an engineer as well and it took me some time to get it. One basic aspect of the labby line that took me a while to get was: why are there four 10s on the labby if I want to win 20? Basically the fact that we commonly start with four numbers on a labby line is actually quite arbitrary - it could be four, six, eight, whatever. The idea is to scratch off two numbers to win a unit then repeat. Four numbers (implying a desired profit of two units per line) seems to simply be a reasonable compromise between having endless new lines and having a manageable labby in case things get complicated.
    Those 4 10s represent the # of games in each series, i think?

ill be back in a few hours to answer these post. I do not mean to come off blunt, but some of you are still not understanding it.

yes, when you have 1 line or 2 lines and your losses total 64 your lines are

10 - 10 - 10 - 10
    10 - 10 - 10 - 10

after two losses your lines should be

10 - 10 - 10 - 10- 32
    10 - 10 - 10 - 10 - 32

Wether it you call it splitting or not, its still adding 1 # per loss

when you do
    10 - 10 -10 - 10 17 - 15
    10 - 10 -10 - 10 17 - 15

I do not understand how you say you are not adding two #s per loss. In my example 32 + 32 = $64 and totals two #s (1 per line)

in your example you did 17 + 15 + 17 + 15 and added 4 #s.... I do not know how I am reading this wrong....

be back in a few hours.....
    He's not really adding to 2 numbers since it becomes
    10- 10 - 27 - 25 isn't it? same as how ON3 evened out his lines a bit for the 2nd series of the rockies/phillies games. I assume if both win today, you clear everything out? Not quite sure how many you strike out since on3 said the unfiltered line is different from the filtered line. (filtered you strike out 2 for every win?)

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Quote Originally Posted by J
    [I

[/I]
    You are correct in your thinking, if I'm doing what you think. But I'm not. From the horse's mouth:

http://platinumsportsinvesting.com/labourchere.aspx

Ok let's get to examples and how it works.

For this example we'll say that we have a 3 game system and you're going to start with a $100. Remember we always bet the total of the outside 2 numbers as highlighted below..

Game 1: 50-50-50-50
    Game 2: 50-50-50-50
    Game 3: 50-50-50-50

Our first bet will now bet to WIN 100. We will no longer be betting risk but to WIN. Let's say your team was-150 and they lost. Instead of putting the 150 on the end of line 1 and having a situation where your next game 1 bet is already double what your original bet was we're going to SPLIT the 150 in two and put 75 on line 1 and DROP 75 down to line 2. Your lines will now look like this:

Game 1: 50-50-50-50-75
    Game 2: 50-50-50-50-75
    Game 3: 50-50-50-50

We are Splitting the loss amount for 2 reasons. 1. We want to prevent 1 bad run from making our lines completely out of control in comparison to our bankroll. 2. We want to take advantage of the fact that most system plays get stronger from game 1 to 2 to 3.

So instead of just relying on Game 1 to pick up our losses why not let game 2, typically a stronger game, do some of the work and get back part of your game 1 losses? It makes sense and it works.

How do you handle multiple games? Well lets say for example that you had two game
    2's today and you were using the line above that called for a $125 WIN wager. If you have an early game and a late game you would bet the 125 on the early game and after the results you would adjust your line according to the results and bet your late game by what the line calls for. Let's say you have a 7pm eastern and a 10:05 eastern. You bet 180 to win 125 on your early game and it loses.....your game 2 line would be: 50-50-50-50-75-90
    and your Game 3 line would be: 50-50-50-50-90 (remember we split the total of your game 2 loss and keep half on the game 2 line and drop half to game 3.

So the wager on your late game would be to WIN 140. If that wins you'd adjust your game 2 line accordingly: X-50-50-50-75-X

What if, going back to the game 2 line of: 50-50-50-50-75, both of our games are 7pm eastern and there is not time gap. Very simple I play all games to whatever the line calls for at that time. If I had 3 game 2's and they were all 7pm I would play them all to win 125 and adjust my lines at the end of the day according to the results.

Are you starting to get the hang of it?

Q: How do I adjust my line at the end of the day with varying amounts?

A: Lets use our lines.....

Game 1 - 50-50-50-50
    Game 2 - 50-50-50-50
    Game 3 - 50-50-50-50

So we have 3 game 1's starting today we risk 150 to win 100, we risk 105 to win 100, and we risk 130 to win 100. The -150 game wins and the other 2 lose so here is how we adjust our lines.........

First subtract your winner and your game 1 would look like below.

Game 1 - X-50-50-X
    Game 2 - 50-50-50-50
    Game 3 - 50-50-50-50

Next, add the losing wagers to your lines......you lost 105 and 130 so you would add 65(130/2) and 53(105/2 rounded up) I add the smallest number first then the larger so now your lines after the days wagers would look like:

Game 1 - X-50-50-53-65
    Game 2 - 50-50-50-50-53-65
    Game 3 - 50-50-50-50

Now for game 2 lets say you just bet both games to WIN 115. (You have that option. For those of you who like to put your bets in early and i do this all the time...I just make all my bets for the day at whatever the line calls for so in this case all my game 2's would be
    to win 115.

If both of your Game 2 wagers win simply adjust your lines and get ready for your next qualifying plays. Here is what your final lines would look like after your game 2 winners.
    Since you won 2 games you would clear out two sets of winning numbers.

Game 1 - X-50-50-53-65
    Game 2 - X-X-50-50-X-X
    Game 3 - 50-50-50-50

Overall if you understand the Labourchere, you'll understand this. All you're doing is betting to win and if you lose your wager take your total wager/2 and put half on the line you were on and slide half down to the next line. If you are on a game 3 of 3 and it loses....put half the total on your game 3 line and bring the other half up to game 1 line.

Last edited by swordsandtequila; 04-11-12 at 03:45 PM.

sstrunks52005
    sstrunks52005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 689

I think I understand labby lines better now, but where I got confused is when the dodgers game was adding in:

Labby Line (regular)
    x-10-10-31.30
    10-10-10-41.30
    10-10-10-10
    this was the labby line after going 1-2 with phillies/rockies/rangers
    my question is, why is a 10 missing from the game 1 line? shouldn't it be x-10-10-10-31.30?

nevermind I figured it out:

Instead of doing that here is what you could do.....
    Game 1: 50-50-50-50Game 2: 50-50-50-50Game 3: 50-50-50-50
    You bet to win your 100 so risking 150 to win 100 for example....if that bet loses...instead of adding a 75 to your line 1 you simply add 75 to the final number already on your line 1 and drop 75 and add it to the last number of line 2.....it would look like....
    Game 1: 50-50-50-125Game 2: 50-50-50-125Game 3: 50-50-50-50
    Now when game 2 comes you'll be betting to win 175 instead of what would have been 125.
    Advantage - by using this method it requires less games and therefore you'll get back ALL or your losses PLUS all of your profit sooner. The other method for betting to win does WORK GREAT but the only downfall is that it will take longer to clear those lines.

for others that are confused on what happened going from april 10 - april 11
    Last edited by sstrunks52005; 04-11-12 at 01:11 PM.

WVU9494

Good explanation guys, think I got it. 2 questions and I am done as this thread can't continue like this for 6 months.
    1) if you have one number left on a line do you just start a new line and roll that number over to it? 10 10 10 10 10 game 1
    2) I think I see what os4 is doing by only using 1 line for the over under bet(in addition to his 3 line bet) Because of the past good history of these bets he does not mind doubling a bet in the second game after a loss, correct?

J.M. Disciple

Good explanation guys, think I got it. 2 questions and I am done as this thread can't continue like this for 6 months.
    1) if you have one number left on a line do you just start a new line and roll that number over to it? 10 10 10 10 10 game 1
    2) I think I see what os4 is doing by only using 1 line for the over under bet(in addition to his 3 line bet) Because of the past good history of these bets he does not mind doubling a bet in the second game after a loss, correct?
    When you get down to 1 # on your line, then you bet to win that 1 # or move that 1 # to a different line and start a fresh line. The labby is not an exact science, so its a matter of comfort.

For me personally, it depends on how much juice is being assigned to that one number or how close I think the match will be. If the juice is -150 then I may add another 1/2 unit to the line and bet to win 2 #s. If the juice is -150, but I think the match between the two teams will be very close, then I may only bet to win that last 10.

Its really a matter of comfort. If I think it will be a blow out game and Texas will win every single inning, then I may add another number and bet to win a full unit.

It is really up to you to how you want to manage that lsat number.

1) move it to another line
    2) Add a fresh line to that same one totally 5#s ($10 each).
    3) add 3 #s to the line and assume its a fresh line.

For the most profit in my opionion I would move that last # to a new line, then revaluate your bankroll start with a new fresh line of 2%. If your last line was:

10 - 10 - 10 - 10 (Bankroll $2,000)

after clearing a couple of lines your new bankroll is:
    Bankroll: $2,100, then your new line could be:

10.5 - 10.5 - 10.5 - 10.5.

Now you are maximizing your profits as the season continues.

J.M. Disciple

swordsandtequila I now understand where you got the 10-10-10-10-17-15 from. It was a little different then how On3 did his and was slightly confused to if you were really running your lines that way. As you said out of the "horses mouth" is not the most profitable way to run this system. There are numerous ways to run the labby all which makes money, but I was just trying to explain a more profitable way of doing it other then the way "horses mouth" ran it.

I am sure everyone now understands the system or at least the labby and I will just refer people back to the first 9 pages of this thread if they do not understand the labby.

I am personally going to run 1 line for this system and average the loss over the 4#s, that way it will only take me two wins to clear a line even after I lose 1 or 2 games. It is an aggressive method, but with a small unit size my bankroll should be able to handle the pressure.

Have a great Day
    JMD

J.M. Disciple

sstrunks52005 your understanding is now correct, but I would suggest averaging out the entire line to keep the risk smaller. In your example:

50 - 50 - 50 - 50 (Texas loses (-200) lose $200)

Instead of taking the $100 and adding it to both lines just average out the line.

50 - 50 - 50 - 50 - 200 ($400 / 5)

new line:
    80 - 80 - 80 - 80 - 80 Next bet is to win $160

*The high juice makes it similar to a martingale chase, but not quite. Also not every game will be -200 juice as you can see from today some people are getting +110 and -135.

*Do not average out all 3 lines together. Single line averaging is the best way to do this so that you do not start a fresh line then all of a sudden after you average out your lines its already inflated. Average out each line as its individuality.

Good Luck

First ... 6789101112 ... Last