jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Torre Has To Get Fired

Why did Randy not start?? This was a life or death game.

Well he should of at least came in earlier

Defense of Yanks= All the balls they hit were right at Anaheim players as Yanks really pounded ball but got no breaks but that is baseball.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold
    Why did Randy not start?? This was a life or death game.

probly because he was 2-7 in the playoffs

jjgold

Danny he would of blanked them th seond time around

A-Rod still has label as a loser

sergfro
    sergfro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

uhhhhh yeah lets throw Randy Johnson after 2 days rest...Doesnt matter if he threw 60 pitches previous game........Mussina has owned the angels with a Career 3.50 ERA with 14 wins vs Angels. Torre made the right move starting Mussina.

Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Talk about Tuesday Morning Quarterback! Didn't you have a thread a few days ago calling Randy Johnson the worst postseason player in baseball history? But now, because he has 1 solid relief outing, Torre should have started him over Mussina who has owned the Angels throughout his career. The only coach in baseball that might be better than Torre is Tony LaRussa.

Do I need to remind you how big A-Rod was for the Yanks in last year's playoffs? His on base percentage in this series was .500 because of how many times he walked and got hit by pitches. The Angels did a great job of pitching around him in games 1-3 and, in games 4 and 5, A Rod finally got impatient. Not to mention that A Rod (the probable AL MVP) carried the Yanks into the playoffs. Steinbrenner has done a lot of stupid things, but firing Torre or getting rid of A-Rod would take the cake.

JJ, I really respect you, but you need to come up with one opinion and stick with it no matter what happens because by not doing it, you lose credibility and respect.

Senator 7

sergfro

I think yanks lost this series because of bad decisions on D.....GO ANGELS!

jjgold

A-Rod I hate to say it is one of games biggest losers. He is a hall of famer but just is not a winner.

There is something about him that makes him a loser and was a good article about it today in NJ paper writing about this.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

yeah 9 division championships and 4 World Series and a culture of winning...Joe Torre is about as likely to get fired as the Pope is to get laid tonight.

Yeah there were some bad decision but hindsight 20/20 I think Torre made all the right moves. The only thing that bothered me was that in 2nd inning they hit in run with Bernie which I thought was a mistake regardless of whether he missed the sign of not.
    I mean I didn't care b/c i had LAA for the series but I think we can say that LAA is just the better team in general.

In the end, it's the players. A-Rod for sure, Johnson, Matsu, all came up a bit short when it counted.

Senator7

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear
    Joe Torre is about as likely to get fired as the Pope is to get laid tonight.
    This is hilarious! One of the best lines on this forum in a long time!

Senator 7

jjgold

Torre was the worst manager in baseball with cards

He had ZERO to do with winning

It was Rivera that won everything

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

JJ, the cardnails wouldn't spend any money on the team when he was managing them.

jjgold

Right Danny that iwhy managing os overrated.

Anyone Manager can win with Yanks with that team

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

I know JJ hates Beltran, but he would have definitely solved one of the Yankees problems this year. It is hard to comprehend how the Yankees can spend so much money and still have so many holes (center field, fielding, speed, relief pitching, to an extent starting pitching, but injuries can be used as an excuse. Besides Rivera, there is no one in their bullpen worth keeping. With the age of the pitching staff increasing, the innings will decrease. I don't know if Cashman, Torre or Steinbrenner is to blame as far as putting this team together, but if they don't make some good offseason moves, they could be in trouble again next year.

jjgold

Hitting does not win titles and never will. Go get young arms instead of wasting a ton of money on a guy like A-Rod .

Also how much better can A-Rod really get?? He had a tremendous year and they still lost.

sergfro

Yanks still have Starting pitching issues..and big bullpen issues....their Defense isnt so great either

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

He had ZERO to do with winning

It was Rivera that won everything
    If anybody could be insane enough to give a closer the entirety of the credit for winning four World Series, it would be this guy.

Senator7

I was waiting for Razz (my Yankee brother) to chime in on this thread and offer a bit of sanity!

Senator 7

jjgold

Rivera won ever single tight game

Any other pitcher would of blew some and yanks never would of won any WS

smoothsuave
    smoothsuave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 266

The best thing they could have done was buy another pitcher or perhaps some more players. If it could have happened they would have done it. Look to see replacements.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Quote Originally Posted by smoothsuave
    The best thing they could have done was buy another pitcher or perhaps some more players. If it could have happened they would have done it. Look to see replacements.

Agreed. The Yankees have to reevaluate thier pitching. Aaron Small, Ching Chang Wang, and their bullpen are not going to get it done next year and with an aging Unit who was not sharp as well as Kevin Brown, Jared Wright, and Carl Pavano it doesn't look good. Not sure who the marquee free agent pitchers are but the Yankees have to work something out.

In the end, it comes down to good pitching as you can see why the Angels, Whitesoxs, Cardinals, and Astrost all moved on. It's that simple in baseball...good pitching always trumps a good offense!

Senator7

They'll get AJ Burnett for sure. He and Chacon are a start to 5, but I have no clue of who else after that. Brown, Mussina, Johnson, Leiter, and Gordon are all too old. Its not a coincidence that the Yanks haven't won a World Series since Clemens and Pettitte left town.

Senator 7