SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brewers vs. Astros

Brewers vs. Astros

Houston's Andy Pettitte (12-13, 4.56 ERA) looks to reach .500 for the first time since he was 1-1 on April 9 when he toes the slab for the Astros tonight.

The southpaw was 9-11 with a 5.18 ERA in 24 games through July, but has given up two runs or less in four of six August starts.

The crafty veteran surrendered four runs on seven hits over six innings, sitting down 14 in a row at one point, during a 7-4 win over the Pirates on Saturday.

In 13 career games against the Brewers, Pettitte is
    7-3 with a 3.62 ERA. He lost his only start against them this year, though, allowing two runs on seven hits in seven innings of a 7-2 loss on April 19.

Doug Davis (9-8, 5.17) will try again for his first win at Minute Maid Park when he tops the hill for the Brewers. The left-hander is 0-7 with a 5.52 ERA in eight career starts there.

Davis' NL-high road ERA rose to 6.46 after giving up seven runs on eight hits in 3 2-3 innings of a 7-2 loss to Florida on Saturday.

The bottom line is Pettite has been outstanding in August and that should continue tonight. Davis has been brutal at home, but the Astros bats have been silent and we feel Davis can do enough to prevent this game from going over.

Play: UNDER

By: Sonny Lafouchi
    http://www.NSAwins.com

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Houston is the way i would play this game instead of the under.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    Houston is the way i would play this game instead of the under.
    That would be the only way I could play one to. I have a slight lean towards the over, but will pass on that.