SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Colorado +145 Vs. Milwaukee (Sheets)

By: Mike Rose
    http://www.who2beton.com
    8/23/2006 2:17:36 PM

The Brew Crew got a solid pitching performance by Chris Capuano and decent bullpen work last night to pick up the victory in Game 1 of its 3-game set versus the Rockies.

Tonight's game pits Byung Hyun Kim vs.Ben Sheets in what could possibly be a very well pitched ball game. When Milwaukee paid Coors a visit earlier this month, the Brewers got their first ever look at the crafty Korean fireballer.

BK Kim had the Brew Crew stymied all night as he only allowed 7 hits and 1 run in 8 innings of work, while striking out 5 and walking none. Ben Sheets has been erratic all season long, and is nowhere near the form dictated by the lofty chalk that's been stamped on his back for this match-up. He's 1-2 with an inflated 7.80 ERA his L/3 starts, and has only got in 15 innings of work. His K's and walks are still on par for the course, but he's just getting hit at an alarming rate this season.

Hitters are seeing him very well as evidenced by the 58 hits he's given up in 50 innings of work, and this Rockies line-up has experienced success with him in the past.

In what looks to be a solid pitching match-up, I'm going to side with the dawg that has the better bullpen in back of him. You should do the same as well!!!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i myself would lean twords the rockies in this game.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everytime I bet against Sheets I lose, so I am passing. The over might be worth a look.