Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

White Sox/Tigers series thoughts

The White Sox start the four game series just 5.5 games back of the first place Tigers. Game one is tonight with Jose Contreras facing Justin Verlander tonight. What are your thoughts about tonights game and the rest of the series?

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

The ChiSox have more momentum coming into this than the Tigers. Time for Leyland to prove his mettle and spark the Motown Cats.

I like Contreras in this one tonight, and a small lean towards Garland for Chicago over Robertson in the series finale. Would give a little edge to Miner over Garcia in Game 3. But the Buehrle-Rogers contest for Game 2 is a complete tossup in my book right now.

Would love to be in Detroit to see these four games. Should have a nice playoff atmosphere to them.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

well, it's definately a must win series for the sox if they want to win the division, and they have just flat out owned them in the last series they played.

I have to question Verlander's stuff right now. he just has not looked that great at all lately, and has starting walking alot of people in his last few recent starts.

i'm looking for the sox to win this series.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ill take Chicago today and I like them to win 3 of 4 too.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

I think the White Sox can split the series and still be in good shape. It's more crucial for the Tigers to at least earn a split if not win the series in my opinion. Chicago's more experienced and not likely to panic if they do drop three of four. But the Tigers? If they lose three of four at home, or get swept, they're going to start questioning themselves and the pressure will mount on a fairly young team without much Septemner experience outside Pudge and Todd Jones.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Buehrle starts against Rogers tonight, any thoughts?

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Chicago, but of course what do I know.
    I went 1-6 yesterday