bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guess the red sox had to take out there frustation on somebody

Looks like they took it out on Jason Johnson, because they just designated him for assignment tonight. I'm suprised he even lasted that long with that 3-11 record of he had this year.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

He has a lifetime 2-10 record against the Sox so I do not blame Boston one bit.

jesterson
    jesterson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    Looks like they took it out on Jason Johnson, because they just designated him for assignment tonight. I'm suprised he even lasted that long with that 3-11 record of he had this year.

That was the plan all along, with Foulke ready and a double-dip, Johnson starts the first game, gets sent down, Foulke comes up and they have an extra arm in the 2nd game.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Yep, even if Jason Johnson won game one, he would of still been sent down. Just happens he lost the game. No real loss in my eyes.

mad
    mad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any room down there for Beckett?

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mad
    Any room down there for Beckett?
    No shit, there's no excuse for allowing nine walks.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Boston is done. Yankees have won the first 3 games of this 5 game set, and I wouldnt be surprised if they sweep them. Boston had their chance in the first half of the season, to be up big time on the banged up Yankees. To late now.

jesterson
    jesterson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Boston is done. Yankees have won the first 3 games of this 5 game set, and I wouldnt be surprised if they sweep them. Boston had their chance in the first half of the season, to be up big time on the banged up Yankees. To late now.

I couldn't agree more...ESPN has a poll asking if they are done, and even Sox territory is conceding at 3:1 rate (Sox fans are GENERALLY the most unrealistic and naive of all about baseball...I've heard such things as "Papi is a waaay better hitter than Manny" and "Good! You can have Pedro, we don't need him anyway"). They need to play .750 ball the rest of the way to have a prayer, the way the Yanks have been playing....even the wild card seems close to out of reach for them, with how bad their pitching has been.