Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cards sign Preston Wilson.

Hardly a blockbuster but it gives Cards some depth and options in the outfield.
    Good move by St Louis imo...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2553597

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Cardinals sent Reyes down to Memphis today to make room for Wilson. What this also means is a money making opportunity is coming sometime next week when they throw Mulder back into the fold.

Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by Wassymac
    Cardinals sent Reyes down to Memphis today to make room for Wilson. What this also means is a money making opportunity is coming sometime next week when they throw Mulder back into the fold.

Why are you so pesimistic on Mulder's comeback Wassy??
    Has he done bad in his rehab starts?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

the vets will turn it on when it counts bulldog.

sergfro
    sergfro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

did anyone know who was the team who claimed andrew jones off waivers but couldnt get a trade ?

Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by sergfro
    did anyone know who was the team who claimed andrew jones off waivers but couldnt get a trade ?
    Wasnt it Boston?

bigboydan

I haven't heard anything on who it was that put a claim in on him after the trade deadline, all i know is somebody did though.

TexAg001
    TexAg001's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bulldog..I believe Mulder gave up 5 runs in 4 innings for Memphis. He was on a pitch count and all but should have not been out of there in only 4 innings.

No risk move here by the cards so they might as well take it. Plus with the price of electricity production so high Preston(aka the human windmill)can always be used to increase the ammount of cheap renewaable power availible in Mousouri.

Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by TexAg001
    No risk move here by the cards so they might as well take it. Plus with the price of electricity production so high Preston(aka the human windmill)can always be used to increase the ammount of cheap renewaable power availible in Mousouri.
    Im sure that's why they did it!!

Seriously, I think the Cardinals have as good a chance as anyone (meaning LA and NY) to win the NL pennant.
    Their lineup is good throughout and their pitching is still pretty good imo...
    I mean Carpenter, Mulder, Marquis, Suppan, Reyes, if he comes back... its not Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz, Avery... but they should give the Cards a chance to win.
    Or maybe its just me, who knows.
    Thanks for th update on Mulder by the way Tex...

bigboydan

well i agree 100% bulldog.

i feel the cardinals chaces of going to the world series is just as good any any other team out there in the NL. they just need to flick on the switch again is all.

Bulldog

Well they are playing well today...
    That's a start...

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    Well they are playing well today...
    That's a start...

well, we are at the "40 games left mark", so we just might start to see signs of life out of them.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

I see Preston didn't waste any time going deep for his new squad. If he gets hot for a division rival, it very well could mean the end for GM Tim Purpura in Houston.

bigboydan

I'm just surprised that the cardinals didn't go out and pick up Carl Everett. they seem to love claiming players off the designated assignment list this year.

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    Why are you so pesimistic on Mulder's comeback Wassy??
    Has he done bad in his rehab starts?
    I grabbed this from the STL Post Dispatch as an FYI Bulldog. Sorry I didn't respond sooner as I was off to work. Mulder had one successful start in single A going 5 innings allowing 1 earned (HR) throwing nearly all fastballs. He was hitting around 91 at times during that start (from what I heard) which is close to where he needs to be. Since then he seems to have reverted back to his pre DL form even talking about his arm falling back into the problematic arm slot at times.

I sure hope he pulls a rabbit out of a hat and pitches well because we all know the Cards need it but the last two starts have nearly squashed any optimism I had of him returning to form this year.

Just my thoughts and I hope I'm wrong

After allowing four runs in four innings against Iowa Aug. 11, Mulder gave up five runs, four earned, in four innings for Triple-A Memphis. Mulder walked five, surrendered seven hits and struck out three. Mulder needed 92 pitches to get 12 outs, two of which came on outfield assists.

Disabled since June 21 by shoulder stiffness related to inflammation of the rotator cuff, Mulder is trying to reconstruct a delivery adversely affected by the condition.

Mulder has struggled with command his last two appearances, something the club partially attributed to a narrow strike zone in Thursday’s outing. He also allowed a two-run home run to Texas Rangers prospect Joaquin Arias.