SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marlins at Dodgers - Aug 16th

Marlins Will Cool Dodgers

As hot as they have been, 17 wins in their last 18 games, look for the Dodgers to have a tough go this afternoon against Josh Johnson and the Marlins.

By: Ross Benjamin
    http://www.rbenjaminsports.com

The lines makers are giving us the winner in this game. The Dodgers are a red-hot 17-1 in their last 18 games and are at home versus a below .500 team yet look where the line is set.

Florida starter Josh Johnson is an unheralded rookie who has had a tremendous season. In 11 road starts Johnson has posted a 2.32 ERA. In six starts during the day Johnson improves to a sparkling 1.69 ERA. The Marlins will finally be in a position to provide some run support for the pitching staff with Mark Hendrickson going for the Dodgers.

Although Hendrickson has pitched respectably since the trade to the Dodgers, he still struggles with his control. I like the pitching advantage for the Marlins here. Florida has been a very resilient team all season and this will be another one of those cases.

Play: Florida -110.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

I like the under again. For some reason though, the over keeps getting bet up. Same with last night -- I got the under at +125

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hendrickson pitched pertty badly in his last outting. I doubt he can throw another 84 pitched in the first 4 innings of a game, and only give up 1 run against this fish team.

i buch the trend here myself and go with the marlins in this game.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I missed this one, but it looks like you might be right. Florida is up on the bums early on.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Wow, was I off on that one! But I hit the under 6 of the Dodgers last eight games, so I can't complain too loudly...