SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brewers at Pirates - Aug 15th

Pirates The Play At Home

With home field advantage and young southpaw Tom Gorzelanny throwing well recently, the Bucs are the right play over the Brew Crew tonight.

By: Alex Smart
    http://www.who2beton.com

Pittsburgh Pirates starting pitcher Tom Gorzelanny has looked very steady in his last four starts, not allowing more than two earned runds in any of those tilts. He has given up just six runs total in his last 27 innings of work. The kid has also only allowed one home run this season (38.2 IP).

His pitching opponent from the Brewers, Doug Davis, has given up 39 hits in his last 39 innings of work spanning five starts. Bottom line: I really like the way the Pirates young hurler has held his composure of late, and his overall stuff, while the Brewers starting thrower Davis has been in less than average form.

With the Pirates hammering lefties like Davis of late for a .321 BA in their last 10 overall, I feel backing the Pirates makes for a viable wager.

Final Notes & Trends: Pirates are 36-16 in their last 52 games in Pittsburgh and have won three straight battles in this series overall.

Play: Pittsburgh -110

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

if i were to bet this game, i too would go with a red hot pirate team in this one myself.