SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oakland -130 vs Texas

By: Mike Rose
    http://www.who2beton.com

This is an incredibly short price to pay for Oakland and Zito who took another one form the Rangers to increase its lead over them in the AL West to 6.5 games last night.

The win was their 6th in a row, and they've won 9 of their L/10 overall. Why they're at such a reasonable price is beyond me, but I'm biting. Barry Zito has flat out owned these guys throughout his career sporting a 16-3 overall mark with a 3.44 ERA. He's uncharacteristically lost two of his three starts vs. them this year, and should be ready to atone for his sins this afternoon. To make matters even worse for the Ranger hitters is the fact that he's been nastier this season under the big bright star in the sky. His ERA is almost a full run lower than his overall mark, and he's only given up 13 earned runs in 43 innings of work. Ranger hurler, Vicente Padilla, hasn't experienced the same type of success in day games whatsoever. He's given up 30 hits in 36 innings of work and 20 earned runs. He hasn't looked sharp in his L/3 overall outings either giving up 19 hits in 17 innings of work with a bloated ERA of 5.60. With Oakland smacking righties around of late, he could be sent to the showers early once again. If that's the case, Oakland will feast upon the Rangers pen that's been taxed way too heavily of late and turn this one into a laugher. Roll with the white hot A's on get away day as they sweep the Rangers right out of Oakland, and hope the Tribe gets the best of the Halos to give them a little more breathing room in the West.

SLAM YOUR MAN!!!

Mike Rose

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Padilla has been real solid on the road this season while Zito has been lit up in his last two home starts. The only thing holding me back is from taking the Rangers is Oakland's winning streak. When this team gets hot they can easily win 10-12 in a row.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

the rangers are showing signs of packing it in already.