Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Capping and Discussions: Thursday August 3rd, 2006

Post your comments and leans in this thread. If you have a play post it in the regular best bets thread. Remember, this is for comments and leans only. No results will be tracked from this thread.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any thoughts on the early games...
    Im thinking Braves sweep in Chacon's and Padres.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    Any thoughts on the early games...
    Im thinking Braves sweep in Chacon's and Padres.
    The Pirates are pathetic in day games for whatever reason, and Chacon has been abysmal all year. Of course, you don't what you're going to get out of Hudson, but I can certainly see the Braves scoring quite a few runs.

Hulu
    Hulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Any thoughts on the over in the ATL/PIT game? Its currently at 9.5 -115 at Pinnacle.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

I am not sure why I like the over in the Braves game, especially since the last two were 4-2 and 3-2. But for some reason, it looks attractive...

Hulu
    Hulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Well 9.5 is not a huge number and the 2 starting pitchers have ERAs of 8.47 (Hudson) and 12.66 (Chacon) in their last 3 starts. Atlanta has the hitting to score some runs and their bullpen is a weak spot too so I am liking this one.

crackerjack

Well, I took the over but I am not overly confident. I also took the NYY/Tor under 11. That seems like a pretty big number... Both are small wagers... Let's cash 'em!

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack
    Well, I took the over but I am not overly confident. I also took the NYY/Tor under 11. That seems like a pretty big number... Both are small wagers... Let's cash 'em!
    The wind seems to be blowing out pretty well at PNC, so that's good for the over.

crackerjack

What's not good for the over is the lack of hitting in this series. Unless we have a seriously high scoring inning (2-1 top 6th right now), this bet is in real jeopardy. I went against my own rule of thumb ... I tend to stay away from totals that go against the trend of that series. A 4-2 game followed by a 3-2 game should have been enough to warn me to stay away!

Let's get some hits!!

crackerjack

What's the record for doubles in an inning? Five more and we can win this bet!! If Atlanta can at least tie it up we have a chance...I lost an under 9.5 last month where the teams were tied 3-3 after nine innings. Of course they each get 1 run in the 10th and they each got one more in the 12th...

crackerjack

At least one of the two came through for me. It's a good example of how sometimes your capping will tell you one thing but your instincts another. Usually I will listen to my instincts and pass on those, but I wanted a little something on the early TBS game... oh well...