Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Soriano to the White Sox?

I know some of you dont trust ESPN as a source but this rumor is just all over the place now.
    Just when the White Sox need pitching they go out and get themselves a nice slugger.
    I think this would change the whole race in the AL Central.
    It might be a downgrade defensively but that middle of the lineup would look really scary...
    Konerko, Dye, Soriano, Thome...
    Anyway, what do you guys think???

Sori to the South Side?
    Jul 25 - A source told ESPN's Tim Kurkjian that a deal that would send Alfonso Soriano to the White Sox is "extremely close" to happening.
    ESPN.com's Jayson Stark reports, meanwhile, that White Sox GM Kenny Williams told at least one club (and the Chicago press corps) that 23-year-old right-hander Brandon McCarthy was "absolutely" not part of the trade. And Stark reports that Williams was equally adamant that blue-chip third-base prospect Josh Fields -- another player the Nationals have targeted -- also isn't going anyplace.

The Tigers and Twins are believed to also still be in the running to acquire Soriano, who will be a free agent at the end of this season.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

"IF" the sox lose to the twins again tonight, i think Williams will quickly change his tune on those two players you mentioned above to trade for Soriano.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    Just when the White Sox need pitching they go out and get themselves a nice slugger.
    The Pale Hose did get MacDougal from the Royals.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee
    The Pale Hose did get MacDougal from the Royals.
    ya, that'll put them over the top

Chuck Sims
    Chuck Sims's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 860

After ESPN reported that a deal to send Soriano to the ChiSox was "extremely close", both the Nationals and the ChiSox said the deal was never close to being made.

Once again ESPN has egg on their face.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

White Sox, like the Yankees, need pitching. I dont know why these teams try to out slug the others. When pitching will win out more often then not. Like I said before, the White Sox pitching wasnt going to be as solid as last year. And its really showing. Maybe they can get it ironed out, but its not looking good as of now.

Remember, they won a sheit load of 1 run games last year. Their pitching cant hold up to that pressure this season.