It's pretty sad when your own agent has no faith in you coming back.

Sammy Sosa may have a major league comeback on his mind, but the slugger's agent isn't expecting his client returning anytime soon.

"I don't expect that he will," Adam Katz, when asked if Sosa would play again, said Sunday on "The Baseball Show on ESPN Radio."

I know it's a difficult process to walk away from something you've loved since you were a teenager, so he may have a few bouts of regret or remorse and express them periodically, but from everything he's told me he's likely played in his last game.

"I suppose you never know, and if he really wants to get after it, he'll have my total support."

On Wednesday, Sosa said that he would gladly return to the league in which he hit 588 career home runs -- if the price was right.

"I'm not retired. I'm young and happy," Sosa told a radio station interviewer in Santo Domingo. "I wanted a break, but I'm getting ready to come back for the right offer."

Sosa's career was put on hold when he rejected the only offer he received during the winter recess. Even though he did not announce his offical retirement, he did not suggest he was going to continue playing either.

In February, Sosa rejected a non-guaranteed contract with performance bonuses from the Washington Nationals.

Washington originally offered a minor league contract to Sosa and a spring training invitation before offering him a major league deal.

Sosa said he has spent these last months resting with his family, traveling around the world and fixing some personal business. He also took some time off to buy his own plane.

"I have rested physically and mentally. I'm completely recovered after so much time playing ball," he said.

Sosa is fifth in home runs on the all-time-list, with 588, but only batted .221, with 14 homers and 45 RBI for the Baltimore Orioles in 2005, limited by injuries to only 102 games.

In 1998, he and Mark McGwire captured the world's attention with an epic home run battle.

Even though McGwire won 70-66, both sluggers broke the record of 61 owned by Roger Maris since 1961 and Sosa earned the NL MVP award.

Sosa also hit more than 60 home runs in two other seasons, becoming the only player in history to do it three times.

Between 1995 and 2003, Sosa hit more than 35 home runs and 100 RBI in nine consecutive seasons. He has a career average of .274 and 1,575 RBI.

He recently traveled with the Dominican Republic president, Leonel Fernandez, on an official tour to the United States, Korea, Japan and Taiwan.

During the trip, Sosa told several reporters in Asia that he was seriously planning to play baseball again next year.

"Many people, including kids, asked me why I wasn't playing anymore during the trip. That's why I'm not going to retire yet," said Sosa.