Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Capping and Discussions: Friday July 21st, 2006

Post your comments and leans in this thread. If you have a play post it in the regular best bets thread. Remember, this is for comments and leans only. No results will be tracked from this thread.

Illusion

I am really gonna slow down with baseball. Thursday was my worst night of the year (0-4 -10.00 units)

Dogs are no longer cashing on a regular basis, so I am gonna start focusing on totals for alittle bit.

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I can't believe it but I'm actually tempted to bet on Prior tomorrow.

Hulu
    Hulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I had a horrible night last night also at 1-3. Fortunately I had a couple of CFL games that cashed to make it a more or less break-even night. Baseball has definitely gotten tougher since the all-star break.

Anyone have an opinion on Minnesota today? With the way Cleveland has been playing MIN +151 looks awfully juicy to me. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Hulu

Illusion

Minnesota got to him a week ago getting 13 hits off of Sabathia in a Twins win. Silva also looked good in his last start against Cleveland, so the Twins might be a good play tonight.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hulu
    Anyone have an opinion on Minnesota today? With the way Cleveland has been playing MIN +151 looks awfully juicy to me. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Hulu
    The Twins are pathetic away from home, and no one exemplifies that more than Carlos Silva. At the Metrodome, he is a mediocre pitcher, away from home is horrendous.
    The Twins are among the worst teams in the league against lefties as well.

Hulu
    Hulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Well upon further review, I think I'll avoid it. When in doubt, bail out.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Remember, Cleveland has seemed to packed in this year. Selling off players. Recently trading off their closer Bob Wickman, and heard other teams have been requiring about their other pitchers.

So Minnesota at that price can be some good value.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    Dogs are no longer cashing on a regular basis, so I am gonna start focusing on totals for alittle bit.
    With pass experience, this has been the trend that seems to always happen. The MLB second half is a grinding out period before the NFL season starts. So its touch and go on plays until then. Well for me anyway.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Remember, Cleveland has seemed to packed in this year. Selling off players. Recently trading off their closer Bob Wickman, and heard other teams have been requiring about their other pitchers.

So Minnesota at that price can be some good value.

Your right about Cleveland but still, those pithchers possibly involved in trades will want to showcase themselves, and that includes Sabathia.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog
    Your right about Cleveland but still, those pithchers possibly involved in trades will want to showcase themselves, and that includes Sabathia.
    Not at the price CC is currently at. Im talking from a value stand point, and laying -165 is not value in my book. But everyone sees value a different way. So I can see where your coming from.

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Im talking from a value stand point, and laying -165 is not value in my book
    I agree, I just meant that there are players in non-contending teams that are still (until the trading deadline) playing for something. And it would be risky to put a team with some of this players in the done for the year wagon. As a matter of fact in my book Minnesota is as done for the year as anyone even if they are only 4 gms back in the WC.
    As you rightfully said, Its a matter of opinion...

carlos vincente
    carlos vincente's Avatar Become A Pro!

mn plays really really bad away and its carlos silva, come on. he had one decent start, his previous start and thats abt it. i am waiting for twins to trade silva cause it gets on my nerves whenever he pitches. he gives up way to many hits. his good years when he pitched shutout game with just 90
    + pitches are gone.

on the other hand, the only good spot with cleveland is when they play at home, they tend to do good.

still risky.

i am going with COL/ARI H+R+E OV 29.5 -105

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Damn, Russ Ortiz didnt even get a 1/3 of a inning recorded. Giving up 6 runs to Tampa bay after having a 2-0 lead. They already yanked his azz. Thats got to hurt your ERA.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Unbelievable.
    Turnbow basically blows another save.

He goes into the bottom of the ninth up 5-3, and he gets the basesloaded with 1 out, but the manager took him out. They put in Eveland, and he walks home a run making it 5-4 with Griffey coming up. Welp, you know Griffey, he singles in two for the walk off win. Reds win 6-5.

Something tells me that the Allstar Turnbow wont be closing games much longer after this meltdown. Sucks, because he is one of my closers in the SBR fantasy league.