Rous
    Rous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Do I hedge on Texas, now that I feel this way.....

Got 1265 to win 800 on Texas for the series, but I see the writing on the wall.....

If you can't see whats right in front of your face then you are the idiot. Cardinals are a lock. Team of destiny, with odds in their favor, Texas has a banged up offensive line up , and did I mention st. louis has their ace going at home. Home team is 8-0 in the last 8 game 7's in world series play. You cant come back back from what happened last night if you are Texas. Texas lost a game , that they had no business losing. Texas, in my eyes are starting to look like the buffalo bills of the past. Just cant get it done for a championship. So close but soo far. I just cant believe the people think Texas has a shot tonight. There is just no way. St. louis wins 6-3 in a game they dominate from beginning to end.

Need some advice, If I hedge I either lose $500 or $200 roughly, but that is better then losing $1265.....thoughts?

Do I let it roll, and fade myself?

RoadDog
    I'm not negative, I'm a realist
    RoadDog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Be a man and let it ride

nmodi
    nmodi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4413

I am in same situation...I am gonna hedge it

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I would definitely hedge it! The 86 Red Sox and 03 Cubs had historic chokes in Game 6 like this and they both got rolled in Game 7. St. Louis is like Michael Myers from Halloween....they've been repeatedly shot, stabbed, burned, ran over, and thrown off buildings but THEY WILL NOT DIE!!! I'm sure Texas will show up but how do you beat a team that was 8.5 games out with 3 weeks left and they're still playing?

BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

Many are in this situation including myself.....1500 to win 1000 for me. I'll probably hedge with Cardinals ML and lose the juice one way or another. I was considering taking Cards -1 to minimize losses because I think that if the Cards win, it may not be close.....but that leaves me exposed with a Cards one run win. It's a shame it came to this because both Feliz and Feldman couldn't execute an out pitch. They are both above average pitchers who were both ahead in the count. Unless it's 3-2, the batter should be hitting a pitcher's pitch with two strikes. Both pitches had way too much of the plate for the count in each situation. Anyway, blah blah blah, time to make the best of it.

toddorts
    toddorts's Avatar Become A Pro!

"Team of destiny?" Seriously, some of you guys really shouldn't be betting on sports if you think that sort of nonsense. With that said, yes, you should probably hedge, Rous. This game is a toss-up (not the "lock" that you think the Cards have as the "team of destiny), so having laid huge juice on this isn't a good spot to be in.

Mr Handicapable

You could put half Cards RL half ML....not exactly a hedge but its unlikely Texas loses by 1 again? That was a brutal one last night no doubt! Not only did Feliz and Feldman choke but Oliver couldn't get either lefty out. Ron Washington sucked as well....tries to force a bunt with the corner infielders standing right in front of the batter. Where is the guy supposed to bunt the ball? He also had Colby Lewis bat with 2 out/bases loaded? Why not take a shot there with a pinch hitter since he was going to the pen soon anyway and pulling Lewis isn't like pulling Carpenter or some big name guy?

Mr Handicapable

Quote Originally Posted by toddorts View Post
    "Team of destiny?" Seriously, some of you guys really shouldn't be betting on sports if you think that sort of nonsense. With that said, yes, you should probably hedge, Rous. This game is a toss-up (not the "lock" that you think the Cards have as the "team of destiny), so having laid huge juice on this isn't a good spot to be in.
    Its not being a team of destiny....its having the confidence to keep coming back when you're left for dead. If you don't think that factors into both teams confidence tonite then you really don't know baseball. Calling Carpenter/Harrison a tossup proves that!

Rous

Yea, Im leaning toward hedge on RL. No way this is a one run game win for cards. They win by at least two. As far as that herb goes who had something to say about knowing sports and team of destiny..... Gimmie a break pal, if you knew sports you would know that what that looks like. Yes, it does exists and when your involved you can see it coming from a mile away. Doesnt matter what level of sports it is. You clearly don't know sports with that comment. I am shocked more public isnt on cards. Everywhere I look it looks like a 50/50 split. Vegas collects their juice and doesnt give two hogs about who wins. If anything, I think they tipped their hand with making Cards a -135 favorite. They want you on texas and the public has bit on it........most likely will hedge I think........

Mr Handicapable

Home teams have won 8 straight WS Game 7s but this one is a tossup

Mr Handicapable

The best team almost always wins the Super Bowl/NBA Finals but baseball is all about momentum. The Phillies were better than StL and Texas probably is to but StL has momentum/destiny/never say die attitude/magic whatever you want to call it going for them now and its going to be a bitch to beat!

Rous

Thats why you hedge. I could not have called it more dead on. You guys who bet Texas.... quit betting, because your lost if you think Texas had a chance. Saved myself some cash tonight. Thanks herbs.

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

that was a good decision sir!

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by Rous View Post
    Thats why you hedge. I could not have called it more dead on. You guys who bet Texas.... quit betting, because your lost if you think Texas had a chance. Saved myself some cash tonight. Thanks herbs.
    Soldier, you're a generals material
    Good move Rous!