Producer2627
    Didnt know we couldnt help people out
    Producer2627's Avatar Become A Pro!

What do ppl think of the Over/Under 8 in Game 5

I think the cards win tonight. I just do not know if the game will go under/over. Last time these two pitched against each other wilson/carpenter, it was at St. Louis and the weather was terrible. 22 MPH winds, cold, and slightly raining the whole time, and they still both combined with 5 runs. I am thinking now that the weather will be better the pitching may be better too, which the under seems to be in favor, but also, the batters could have a field day since the weather wont be as bad....

I know there are other factors, but I am not going to factor in that Wilson will choke, or Carpenter is due for a bad game, whatever the case maybe. All I know is that they are both good pitchers, the two teams have hitters for days, and even ballpen IMO.

Cards will win tonight though

Producer2627

I guess people are staying away from the over/under in this game?? Im on the Under anyway

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

The total scares the heck out of me tonight. I can find compelling arguments both ways.....too conflicting in my opinion.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

slight lean to over but honestly think 8 is where this gm lands... Cards for me, screw the total..

Producer2627

Yea true I think the under will happen, it should be a pitchers night IMO.

Producer2627

BigDan I can see that happening too, if a homerun(s) happen. But its a pitchers night

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by Producer2627 View Post
    BigDan I can see that happening too, if a homerun(s) happen. But its a pitchers night

i worry a little about carp. not sure if it was just something they saw on film or his elbow is hurt but he threw like 6 curveballs all gm in gm 1. compare that to the 30 something he threw against phi in gm 5..as i said it could have just been the plan but i have also heard he is having some elbow soreness and it may be preventing him from snapping that hook off like he wants. dont think he can get away with not having that pitch again tonight..on the other hand Wilson has had a miserable time locating his fastball and now that both teams are seeing the respective pitchers for the second time id expect better abs all around...

regardless Carp will grind with or w/o his best stuff and i believe Cards will get him some support off Wilson as i dont see them being shut down on consecutive days in a hitters park against a pitcher that has been far from impressive this postseason...

Like i said though i really dont know on total. gun to head id play the over here but 5-3 seems pretty reasonable to me, that is with both pitchers pretty much on their gms. If either is off it will cruise over..

not touching total..Just give me Cards @ + money and i dont care if they win 2-1 or 12-6..
    Last edited by BigDan; 10-24-11 at 05:42 PM.

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    The total scares the heck out of me tonight. I can find compelling arguments both ways.....too conflicting in my opinion.

i agree...disagree on side but you seem hellbent on my Cards losing this WS

anthonyc023
    anthonyc023's Avatar Become A Pro!

over is looking like the play tonight .. we will see in the next 45 min what the hilton is juicing and if they raise the total to 8.5

BigDan

changed my mind...playing the over. reasoning above....be warned tho, LTA is on the under and he is much better at mlb then i am....

STL +118

ov 8

splitting it up

Producer2627

Cashed on the under