BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Verlander only -160 in a must win game

discuss

BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

I always consider unders in an elimination game.....that would be my first inclination here. The side is tough but I would probably either go with the value (Texas +150) or no play. ( I think CJ Wilson at +150 is decent value.)

robinhood
    Steal from the books, give to the poor
    robinhood's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love the rangers here. All pressure on Detroit and CJ should handle Detroit well. I see a 4-2 win for Texas

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

under seems like a solid play, cruz promised he wouldn't do that a third time

asdfghasdfgh
    asdfghasdfgh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 744

I'll probably be on the Rangers tomorrow. The Tigers' bats are dead and today's loss was about as deflating as they come. Tied in extras, your go-to shutdown closer gives up 4 runs in 1.1IP. Psychologically, losing by 4 runs in extras TWICE has to kill you. Benoit has pitched 4 innings (3 appearances in the last 3 days) and Valverde has pitched 4.1 innings (3 appearances in the last 3 days). The back of the bullpen has been overused in losing efforts and ultimately I think this will be the Tigers' downfall. If the game is close down the stretch (as every game of the series has been), the strength of the Rangers' bullpen plus clutch hitting should win this game.

I know this doesn't mean much, but I've picked every game of this series correctly and tomorrow I feel a big play on the Rangers.

toddorts
    toddorts's Avatar Become A Pro!

Verlander is good. But he ain't that good. I'll probably be on the Rangers ML.

Ask Whole
    Ask Whole's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think the best strategy is to keep pressing bets until the rangers win the series.

BathingApe
    BathingApe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 662

Hmm, I really want to take Verlander but idk...

Renojaguar
    Renojaguar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 938

Detroit should get the win tomorrow. Verlander is 11-3 at home with the Tigers winning 12 of his 17 starts there. In a must win game there is nobody I would pick to get me throught this game than Verlander. The books know that everyone ios going to hammer Texas to get the winning game here. If they would of opened the ML at a higher price you definatley get Detroit money here. Keeping it at a minimum will lead people to believe that Texas gets the win here, But they will loss this game.

chrisharvard01
    chrisharvard01's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Rolling with DET 1st 5 again

Ask Whole
    Ask Whole's Avatar Become A Pro!

Under first 5 innings?

KnowingNothing
    KnowingNothing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

I've been an avid fan of playing big on Verlander every game but I feel very uneasy about this game... there's only so much pressure one can take.

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

I would play Detroit at this line with Verlander.

RumHam
    RumHam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 149

After the Halladay loss there's no faith in the ace.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Quote Originally Posted by toddorts View Post
    Verlander is good. But he ain't that good. I'll probably be on the Rangers ML.
    He has not been Verlander good either for a month either.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

Choke city

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Gotta like the Rangers......Cuz took the last wind out of Detroit. Even with Verlander on the mound, Detroit is depleted.

YOUNGBUCK
    YOUNGBUCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5189

Quote Originally Posted by asdfghasdfgh View Post
    I'll probably be on the Rangers tomorrow. The Tigers' bats are dead and today's loss was about as deflating as they come. Tied in extras, your go-to shutdown closer gives up 4 runs in 1.1IP. Psychologically, losing by 4 runs in extras TWICE has to kill you. Benoit has pitched 4 innings (3 appearances in the last 3 days) and Valverde has pitched 4.1 innings (3 appearances in the last 3 days). The back of the bullpen has been overused in losing efforts and ultimately I think this will be the Tigers' downfall. If the game is close down the stretch (as every game of the series has been), the strength of the Rangers' bullpen plus clutch hitting should win this game.

I know this doesn't mean much, but I've picked every game of this series correctly and tomorrow I feel a big play on the Rangers.
    Deflating losses dont really mean anything in Baseball its u an the pitcher ur not thinking ab deflating losses in ur ab

BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

Quote Originally Posted by Ask Whole View Post
    Under first 5 innings?
    I think this is the best play.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Quote Originally Posted by YOUNGBUCK View Post
    Deflating losses dont really mean anything in Baseball its u an the pitcher ur not thinking ab deflating losses in ur ab
    I disagree YoungBuck wholeheartedly. It's apparent you never played competitive baseball, as deflating losses take the wind out of the sails. Not saying Detroit doesn't win this game, but I wouldn't at all be surprised to see the Rangers close this thing up tonight. Low moral in the clubhouse doesn't generally translate into success on the field.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

everyone in this thread on the rangers. good sign for detroit

sickeric
    sickeric's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1657

seems like alot of the action is against Verlander and the Tigers today.... kinda odd

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

Quote Originally Posted by Renojaguar View Post
    The books know that everyone ios going to hammer Texas to get the winning game here. If they would of opened the ML at a higher price you definatley get Detroit money here. Keeping it at a minimum will lead people to believe that Texas gets the win here, But they will loss this game.
    based on the wagers placed thus far, the books are keeping the line lower which is getting major Verlander backing.

ML is 67% Detroit backers

RL is 88% Detroit backers

one would think the books would try to even up the wagering for both sides by making the ML for Texas more appealing. It opened @ Detroit -175 and is down to -145 so I'm not seeing it. Based on betting trends and reverse line movement, I don't think the books think Detroit wins today.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

good game so far...

Delirium tremens
    Update your status
    Delirium tremens's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1285

must win doesn't mean "will win"!!

erkanua
    erkanua's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2395

96 pitches in 5 inning showed that it is not about Verlander..it is PoweRangers..

nomar122977
    nomar122977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4376

this will be his last inning. and tigers bp is beat no valverde or soria