Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cardinals RL 2morrow (+150)

I know they're a lot of Detroit leaners here understandably. Fister has been lights out, the only struggle was against New York in the rain-makeup game, and even that it was a few knock-around runs in the 6th- certainly avoidable given he threw some great innings prior. But with that said I see plenty of value in this Texas line. Let me explain: the argument that Detroit "has its back against the wall" is true but will have no bearing in scoring perhaps, if anything it adds pressure to a Detroit lineup missing some starters, and with Delmon Young's oblique strain (he hasn't looked the same in the outfield defensively) I see the Detroit lineup again struggling to score w/ RISP. Furthermore this Texas lineup is in stride, Michael Young broke out of his hitting slump last night, and I expect that to continue tonight. Fister has had some great showings in the playoffs but Colby Lewis is underrated, he's undefeated in the playoffs so far- 4-0 with a 1.67 ERA in five postseason starts. With that said I'll also take the under 8 1/2 (+105) @ betonline.

I'd rather take momentum than the "backs against the wall" mentality. Even then that's never a good indicator of success. I'm taking the Texas offense here, even if Fister holds down the offense, the Detroit bullpen is far less deep and has shown many more weaknesses this postseason compared to that of Texas. I think is going to be a battle for runs, and with the Detroit offense mired in some injuries you can't only rely on the bats of Martinez, Cabrera, Peralta or even Rayburn. There is not one weakness in the Texas lineup, that is going to put a lot of pressure on this Detroit pitching staff regardless of the venue. We'll see how a big park affects the offense today.

With all this said I'm taking a small 2 unit play on the Rangers.

BOL

Forgot to mention I got this line on BetOnline.com. Looks like its moved to +116, still good value.

Thank God under hit (+105) keep us above .500 for 2night, will hit it back 2morrow.
    Last edited by Jago2008; 10-11-11 at 11:10 PM.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Yep.

You're getting the better tram at + money.

A lot of people don't think Detroit will go down 0-3. Watch it happen.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Yep.

You're getting the better tram at + money.

A lot of people don't think Detroit will go down 0-3. Watch it happen.
    BOL .

nomar122977
    nomar122977's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4376

texas over and texas first 5 and over 4.5 book it

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

I took the under here, but I'm with you on Texas.

BOL

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10488

looks nice for you sir , gl

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Dammit well we lost the ML here, but we did hit the under- it was close too w/ two outs in the top of the 9th Napoli hit that fly ball that came close to going out.

2U loss w/ Texas ML +126
    2U win Tex. v. Detroit under 8 1/2 +105

up $5 dollars on the day

Parlay pending under 8 1/2 +105 and St. Louis Cardinals RL +150 tomorrow. Hopefully it hits:risk 1u to win 3.88U.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Cardinals RL (+150)

Gallardo and Carpenter are familiar pitchers to both clubs, as they met in the closing months 6 times cumulatively. Early flyer on this game, Cardinals are hitting well, Carpenter has returned to his playoff form and will be pitching at home where he is 1.1 ERA with a .90 WHIP in his last two games there against MIL, not reading much into his ERA- this decision is based upon his last outing against Philly where he dominated the Philly lineup in a 3-hit shutout. I'm not calling another game like that, but Carpenter has been pounding the strike zone, and not walking many batters.

Pujols is coming off a ridiculous 5 RBI game against Shaun Marcum, and I think he will fare well again against Gallardo who likes to throw that inside cutter, Pujols is 8-11 with 7RBIs and 8 runs against Gallardo- I imagine they will gameplan around Pujols for tomorrow’s game, but that left field wall looks good 2morrow in St. Louis. Also David Freese has been tremendous at home and look for Lance Berkman to get some timely hits against Gallardo whom he has decent numbers against Gallardo in his last 3 games (4-12 w/ 2 RBIs w/ RISP). The Run Line has hit 3 out of the last 4 outings with Gallardo's starts against STL.

Carry over from last nights under parlay, so I advise a small unit bet.