DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mh217 View Post
    i always have and always will win in sports..i continue to win because of my own sports knowledge and skill..im not a meek follower like you so i dont expect you to understand this..

i think you misunderstood, yes i pick mostly winners and im a pretty awesome handicapper, but i lose as we all do in the long run
    Gee, I cant imagine why I misunderstood. "I win, I continue to win....I lose in the long run"

Certainly one of us is delusional.

mh217
    mh217's Avatar Become A Pro!

that band box ballpark and current pitching form makes me like the over...and furthermore if you like the cards thats even more reason to bet over 6.5 as you will get the full 9 innings

mh217

yea i get my wins but overall gamblin is a tough biz kid

mh217

you do realize its never enough right?

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

funny that without his chase bets (eg 30x) he'd be down couple of gs overall.

same tactic brandon lang uses when he has a down week/month/season... come out with a chase bet (10-50x) in an attempt to brag about being a "winning" capper.

priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betting ON Chris Carpenter right now is flat out insane. He looked like utter garbage on Sunday.

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

Remember guys he is 1-19 last 20 posted plays

benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by priskilla22 View Post
    Betting ON Chris Carpenter right now is flat out insane. He looked like utter garbage on Sunday.
    Halladay, not Carp, had an interesting statement about 3-days rest last week. Something to the effect that the game that he pitches on limited rest is no problem, but that he really feels it on the following start. Not sure if this is commonplace but if it applies to Carp it would be a reason to bet on the Phils.

priskilla22

Quote Originally Posted by benjy View Post
    Halladay, not Carp, had an interesting statement about 3-days rest last week. Something to the effect that the game that he pitches on limited rest is no problem, but that he really feels it on the following start. Not sure if this is commonplace but if it applies to Carp it would be a reason to bet on the Phils.
    Carpenter only pitched like 60 or so and he's had a full 4 days rest since then, so I'm not even worried about him being tired, I'm worried about him pitching like garbage because he's just looked like garbage most of the year.

Halladay gave up the 3 run HR in his last start, but then he shut the Cards down. I have a feeling that the Halladay that no hit the Reds last year comes out and the Cards will be lucky to scrape across a run, so betting on Carpenter when he has looked terrible lately just seems like a good way to lose money.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Tough game, I am laying off

Best of luck

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

c'mon sawshank get real just cause you have wasted most of your life as an internet sbr tout doesnt make you half a good as a skilled handicapper such as myself, why because im intelectually superior and i am all around sharper..take that to the bank kid!
    i think you misunderstood, yes i pick mostly winners and im a pretty awesome handicapper, but i lose as we all do in the long run..i make 3o or 40 grand scores here and there but overall of course i lose..we all do..no gambler wins ever...you win in sports you might lose in horses or stocks or whatever..thats the way she goes..if you cant come to terms with tht you're delusional
    Again....

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Where in the f\*\*k do these people come from?

Adm. Cowpollock
    Adm. Cowpollock's Avatar Become A Pro!

because im intelectually superior
    Hey Einstein ... how do you spell "intellectually?"

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

one thing for sure, pinny, greek, and bookmaker, moneyline drops on the Phillies off the open

run-line moving the Cardinals way as well
    Last edited by JR007; 10-07-11 at 12:01 PM.

Avenger
    Avenger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Who thinks Halladay gets pulled before FF and Lee takes over? Have Phillies ever done that?

Following Halladay a few years, if he implodes, it'll be during FF. If Lee steps up, this game is salvageable.

Really really tough game. Maybe I'll lay off, don't like to gamble, I like to win.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by priskilla22 View Post
    Carpenter only pitched like 60 or so and he's had a full 4 days rest since then, so I'm not even worried about him being tired
    guys throw 60-70 pitches in warmup...the process of starting a game is taxing on a guys arm too....that's why cc and verlander couldn't just come right back and pitch after the washout....and you notice that neither of them pitched well the rest of the series anyway...not to mention that carpenter is olderr than those guys....i suspect he's still affected by the CG he pitched in the clincher...and agreed on the rest of your post

he's far from the ace that he once was...most guys on here think he's still there...why? because theyre clueless

i wont say its not worth taking a flyer on the cards if guys think they can get to doc like they did in G1 but to think carp can outduel doc is a joke

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Doc going tonight vs. the cards. Hard to me to bet against him in the playoffs.

benjy
    Untitled
    benjy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    guys throw 60-70 pitches in warmup...the process of starting a game is taxing on a guys arm too....that's why cc and verlander couldn't just come right back and pitch after the washout....and you notice that neither of them pitched well the rest of the series anyway...not to mention that carpenter is olderr than those guys....i suspect he's still affected by the CG he pitched in the clincher...and agreed on the rest of your post

he's far from the ace that he once was...most guys on here think he's still there...why? because theyre clueless

i wont say its not worth taking a flyer on the cards if guys think they can get to doc like they did in G1 but to think carp can outduel doc is a joke
    I'm a big fan of DIPS and Carpenter was 40th of the 131 pitchers that logged 120+ innings this season. Certainly not elite, but still solid. Halladay of course was much better, 3rd on the list.

Carp's a little worse on ERC (component ERA) but not by much.

Looks like an elite pitcher going against a solid one (who may have lingering issues from his 3 days of rest in the prior start).

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

LB is a standup guy...win or lose he posts his picks...unlike many of you whiners.

Make some useful contribution to the thread or GTFO. Nobody asked you to click on the thread.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

After doc gave up those 3 runs in the 1st inning he was dominate. If cards pull this one out, their pitchers really need to have great performances and hope the Phils great some errors.

priskilla22

I actually want to take the under 7, but I'm too worried that Carp gets hit around and only lasts 4 innings, and the Cardinals' bullpen is about as reliable as Carlos Zambrano is calm.

Guess I'll just take the Cards team total under 3.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Wow...with all the stupidity in this thread, it amazes me that some of you can actually function in society...

One guy says carp sucks because of one bad start, but fails to mention his WAR of 5, SIERA of 3.5, GB/FB of 1.59, K% of 19.2%, BABIP over .3 (showing some bad luck) and xFIP of 2.96 over the last 2 months which means he has been better than doc over that same period.

Another guy says he wins all the time, except that he can't win all the time, but still wins $40k plays.

Unreal...nothing but fuking mongoloids with no clue up in here

keel44
    Update your status
    keel44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12276

The long ball will be the deciding factor. Cardinals are the play here at +165.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

LB do you ever pick a favorite?

keel44
    Update your status
    keel44's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12276

Matter of fact, I picked all 3 road teams in the game 5's. This is all because of the +odds. No way all 3 home teams win. Too much juice is given for home field advantage.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    LB do you ever pick a favorite?
    Yes. He does have a spreadsheet.

Ice House

Can you guys imagine if the Phillies and Eagles both lose this weekend?

gonna be some angry philly fans.... but you know what .... I think Eagles and Phillies both win this weekend.

Nice run red birds but it ends tonight. The doc is in.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Icer the cards have good odds. Sure they may lose but the odds are too high on philly. The same with mil. I might take zona as well but I am hesitant on them. Its just a getting good odds bet. No reason the cardinals can't win here. They have more hitting and have shown they have enough pitching. Philly bats have been getting worse each game. I think philllyhas only scored like 6 runs in the last 26 innings.
    Last edited by lakerboy; 10-07-11 at 01:52 PM.

Ice House

I hear ya man GL.

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

The fact people around here take shots at LB all the time suggest a hint of jealously to me

BadLuckSanta
    BadLuckSanta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19889

Can't believe you idiot's think that whoever LB picks means the game will go opposite or have any affect on the game. Pathetic. Make your own picks that way you can't blame anyone but yourself after you lose.

With that said...go squirrels.

Thehusker
    Thehusker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should be noted Halladay has been -200 all year. But STL is pure value with the robot Pujols

priskilla22

Don't take the Cards. Take the under or no play.

<table class="tablehead" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="stathead"><td colspan="13">Philadelphia Phillies Career statistics vs. Chris Carpenter</td></tr><tr class="colhead"><td>BATTER</td><td class="textright" title="At Bats">AB</td><td class="textright" title="Hits">H</td><td class="textright" title="Doubles">2B</td><td class="textright" title="Triples">3B</td><td class="textright" title="Home Runs">HR</td><td class="textright" title="Runs Batted In">RBI</td><td class="textright" title="Walks">BB</td><td class="textright" title="Strikeouts">SO</td><td class="textright" title="Batting Average">AVG</td><td class="textright" title="On Base Percentage">OBP</td><td class="textright" title="Slugging Percentage">SLG</td><td class="textright" title="OPS = OBP + SLG">OPS</td></tr><tr class="oddrow player-10-29099"><td>John Bowker</td><td class="textright">1</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">1</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> </tr><tr class="evenrow player-10-29673"><td>Domonic Brown</td><td class="textright">2</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">1</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> <td class="textright">.333</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> <td class="textright">.333</td> </tr><tr class="oddrow player-10-28672"><td>Ben Francisco</td><td class="textright">6</td> <td class="textright">1</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">1</td> <td class="textright">.167</td> <td class="textright">.167</td> <td class="textright">.167</td> <td class="textright">.333</td> </tr><tr class="evenrow player-10-4500"><td>Ross Gload</td><td class="textright">3</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> </tr><tr class="oddrow player-10-6097"><td>Ryan Howard</td><td class="textright">9</td> <td class="textright">2</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">1</td> <td class="textright">2</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">3</td> <td class="textright">.222</td> <td class="textright">.222</td> <td class="textright">.556</td> <td class="textright">.778</td> </tr><tr class="evenrow player-10-3504"><td>Raul Ibanez</td><td class="textright">11</td> <td class="textright">1</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">2</td> <td class="textright">.091</td> <td class="textright">.091</td> <td class="textright">.091</td> <td class="textright">.182</td> </tr><tr class="oddrow player-10-29524"><td>Erik Kratz</td><td class="textright">2</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">1</td> <td class="textright">1</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> <td class="textright">.333</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> <td class="textright">.333</td> </tr><tr class="evenrow player-10-28844"><td>Brandon Moss</td><td class="textright">3</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> </tr><tr class="oddrow player-10-6088"><td>Pete Orr</td><td class="textright">1</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> </tr><tr class="evenrow player-10-28687"><td>Hunter Pence</td><td class="textright">22</td> <td class="textright">4</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">1</td> <td class="textright">1</td> <td class="textright">5</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">7</td> <td class="textright">.182</td> <td class="textright">.182</td> <td class="textright">.409</td> <td class="textright">.591</td> </tr><tr class="oddrow player-10-3888"><td>Placido Polanco</td><td class="textright">16</td> <td class="textright">5</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">1</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">1</td> <td class="textright">1</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">.313</td> <td class="textright">.353</td> <td class="textright">.438</td> <td class="textright">.790</td> </tr><tr class="evenrow player-10-4258"><td>Jimmy Rollins</td><td class="textright">28</td> <td class="textright">5</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">5</td> <td class="textright">.179</td> <td class="textright">.179</td> <td class="textright">.179</td> <td class="textright">.357</td> </tr><tr class="oddrow player-10-28447"><td>Carlos Ruiz</td><td class="textright">6</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> </tr><tr class="evenrow player-10-4388"><td>Brian Schneider</td><td class="textright">16</td> <td class="textright">4</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">1</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">3</td> <td class="textright">.250</td> <td class="textright">.250</td> <td class="textright">.250</td> <td class="textright">.500</td> </tr><tr class="oddrow player-10-5383"><td>Chase Utley</td><td class="textright">15</td> <td class="textright">7</td> <td class="textright">1</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">1</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">1</td> <td class="textright">.467</td> <td class="textright">.467</td> <td class="textright">.533</td> <td class="textright">1.000</td> </tr><tr class="evenrow player-10-6089"><td>Wilson Valdez</td><td class="textright">1</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">1</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> <td class="textright">.500</td> <td class="textright">.000</td> <td class="textright">.500</td> </tr><tr class="oddrow player-10-5409"><td>Shane Victorino</td><td class="textright">10</td> <td class="textright">3</td> <td class="textright">1</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">1</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">0</td> <td class="textright">.300</td> <td class="textright">.300</td> <td class="textright">.400</td> <td class="textright">.700</td> </tr><tr class="evenrow bi"><td>Totals</td><td class="textright">152</td><td class="textright">32</td><td class="textright">2</td><td class="textright">2</td><td class="textright">2</td><td class="textright">11</td><td class="textright">4</td><td class="textright">24</td><td class="textright">.211</td><td class="textright">.231</td><td class="textright">.289</td><td class="textright">.520</td></tr></tbody></table>

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Good luck LB! Either Cards or no play for me

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    The fact people around here take shots at LB all the time suggest a hint of jealously to me
    jealous of someone who is hitting 40% long-term and constantly has to hit 30x chasers to stay afloat?

wtf.....

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    jealous of someone who is hitting 40% long-term and constantly has to hit 30x chasers to stay afloat?

wtf.....

crusty you seem really down these days. 46% over three months isnt long term buddy. im hitting 51.5% the last three years. short term memory is a players talk thing.

First 1234 Last