EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

EP36's Playoff Prop Shop

Played a lot of props down the stretch in September to prime for the playoffs. Let's see what has been learned. Use this info for fade or follow, you make the call. Party on.

Game 1: Rangers C.J. Wilson Total Strikeouts Over 6.5 [+100]
    Wilson has developed into one of the "under the radar" K-men in the league this season with 206 whiffs in 223.1 innings of work. At Rangers Ballpark, he has 94 Ks in just over 101 IP. Only his last start vs. TB resulted in less than eight strikeouts as he fanned six in a CG win. His previous two encounters saw him fan 18 Rays in 12.2 IP. This is a team he has dominated over the past two seasons, striking out 7 last year in a playoff start in 6.1 IP. His prime K targets on the Rays are Longoria who he struck out five times in eight ABs this season, Zobrist whom he whiffed 4/9 plate appearances and then several other regulars struck out at least two times vs. Wilson. I think if Wilson works 6-7 innings, this has a definite shot to get done as he should come out and set the tone for this series against a Rays team that could also be the victim of an emotional hangover from their wild ride into the playoffs.

mossmk16
    mossmk16's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3610

I don't know about this .. Upton is an easy strikeout but the rest will be trying to put the ball in play and playing small ball to beat the Rangers.. It will be really close.. In the playoffs the guys work the pitchers more than in the regular season.,.,

Oakland A's Hat
    Oakland A's Hat's Avatar Become A Pro!

As much as I don't like the guy, he gets K's. I like this prop.

I also like
    TEX J.Hamilton hits+runs+RBI ov 2½ -110

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Ep..if you had to bet...which one would you take in game 1 tb-tex.....does a team score a run in the 1st

yes +115
    no - 130

I just want a bet with a quick result to base how my live betting should go..thx

EaglesPhan36

That 1st inning prop, I think you're basically making it on Texas to score if you go for YES. CJ Wilson has only given up 11 first inning runs this season in 34 starts. I don't know enough about Moore to say whether or not Texas could get to him, but they do hit lefties very well and it's his first postseason start ... Texas COULD jump on him early for runs, but nothing definite. I'd probably try plus money for the score, but I don't see a huge edge.

That Hamilton one is tricky ... he's a very bad day player in 2011 + the emotions of catching the first pitch from the firefighter's son who died at the Ballpark ... a little risky IMO because that moment could either ignite him or totally have him off for the game.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

ty for your opinion eagles...good luck today

philliesfinest
    philliesfinest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15620

was looking at wilsons stats against t.b. and he has had at least 5 ks a game against them,but i believe the number of 6 1/2 is too high ,best of luck!! if i was to bet this i would also take the over!

EaglesPhan36

Not looking good. That hit by pitch is going to wind up being the turning point for this game. He had Zobrist set up for a K and then he's fallen apart since then. He might be lucky to go 5 today with the way he is going right now with his command. 3rd inning is going to tell it all. He has to bounce back or he'll be done and this prop will have zero shot.

EaglesPhan36

Damn. If he hadn't given up that homer, I think he would go another inning needing just one K. Looks like it's going to fall short during a very poor overall performance.

EaglesPhan36

Game 1: Tigers Austin Jackson Strikes Out [-250]
    Chalky, but this one seems a very likely winner. Jackson has only failed to strike out TWICE in all games played in September. He's also whiffed in half of his 14 career ABs vs. Sabathia. If you hate the chalk, this is good parlay material perhaps.

Oakland A's Hat

Unreal. Josh Hamilton had the only 2 hits. I couldn't get ANY help from the rest of the team for any runs or RBI's. And one of his at-bats he had to lay down a sac bunt. Terrible game all around for me.

EaglesPhan36

Austin Jackson whiffs in the 1st AB of the game. EZ fo sheezee. Tough luck on Hamilton. Rangers a a whole stunk up the joint.

Oakland A's Hat

Unreal! 1st at bat of the game! Nice call EaglesPhan!

EaglesPhan36

Blows. Bet got cancelled because the game got suspended. Nothing for me in the early game. Waiting to see what gets set for the later games. Closest thing I like in the MIL game is Gallardo Over 6.5 Ks, but not enough at the chalk presented.

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

That does blow

EaglesPhan36

Game 2: Rays James Shields Total Pitches Over 103.5 [-145]
    Shields is a workhorse. He's exceeded this number in 11 straight starts and 18 of his last 20 overall. Twice against Texas, Shields has pitched 17 total innings - one an 8 inning affair, the other a complete game. Both went over this total. Shields should be keen to give his club a quality start and a chance to put a stranglehold on this series. I think if he goes 7+, this will have an excellent shot to hit.

Cicima6709
    Cicima6709's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Nice to see someone on the same prop as me. I have pretty much decided to only bet props lately, as i have been able to get a big edge in prop lines, but just cant seem to win in sides and totals.

Anyways, this was one of the better prps i have seen today. I believe when i did the math, the price should have been -210 based on Shields getting to 104 pitches or more in 23 of his 34 starts, or some number like that. I forget the exact number.

But yeah, good luck, def. nice to see someone else likes the prop too!

EaglesPhan36

Two straight picks fukked by one bad inning from each pitcher. Sheesh. 100 pitches in five innings. If he gets an out early in the 6th, he gets to that # ... but Shields can't get it done. Amazing how one inning he totally lost it.

Cicima6709

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Two straight picks fukked by one bad inning from each pitcher. Sheesh. 100 pitches in five innings. If he gets an out early in the 6th, he gets to that # ... but Shields can't get it done. Amazing how one inning he totally lost it.
    Yeah, it was a shitty loss. I thought he had it, one batter away. Oh well. It was a sharp play...and more often then not, we hit it. On to the next one...

EaglesPhan36

Game 2: Diamondbacks P Daniel Hudson Gives Up a HR [-115]
    Milwaukee tagged him for two in the regular season start he made, including a slam by Shaun Marcum. He's given up quite a few on the road in his last handful of starts. He's allowed four HRs to Milwaukee in two career starts. All coming at Miller Park.

EaglesPhan36

That's right mother f-er. Baseball Gods owed me that early casherooni.

EaglesPhan36

Game 2: Chase Utley Hits + Runs + RBI vs. Allen Craig [-135]
    Utley had a great Game 1 with three hits, three runs scored and he's 7 for 15 lifetime vs. Carpenter, including 5 for 7 this season. Craig is 0 for 3 against Lee and is only 5 for 33 lifetime vs. Philadelphia.

EaglesPhan36

Damn Chase Utley and his patience. Two walks and a HBP. Gotta give Craig props for getting that triple. 2 to 1, Craig over Utley. Sheesh. This has been some tough sledding so far. Definitely playing something in the Rangers-Rays game, waiting for more props. Hoping for a Colby Lewis strikeout prop possibly.

815Sox
    815Sox's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

I wish I was better with props, they can be really good bets when you know what you are looking for.

EaglesPhan36

Tough choice as I feel both starters and their K props are solid, but I only like to play one prop per game. Lewis is set at 6. Price at 5.5.

Game 3: Rays P David Price Total Strikeouts Over 5.5 [-140]
    The chalk is a bit up here, but I feel like this is the best option. Price was a K machine at home with 129 in 116.1 IP. He had two starts vs. TEX this year. One yielded 5 Ks in 6 IP, the other saw 8 Ks in 8 IP. Price faced the Rangers in the postseason twice in 2010 and had two starts where he whiffed 6 and 8 respectively. He also fanned 8 batters during a regular season meeting. The Rangers have given him some troubles, but he has been able to find the K button against them for the most part. This season, Napoli has struck out four times in six ABs. Young has whiffed four out of five ABs against Price and Hamilton and Beltre also both fanned multiple times against him. Career-wise, Price has really laid it on Napoli, Young and Beltre K-wise and he's fanned Hamilton in a third of their ABs. Texas is a team that normally is not a big K team, but they have struck out against power pitchers. Both Moore & Shields rang up 6 Ks each in their starts in Games 1 & 2. Price struggled a little down the stretch after being struck by a line drive, but it's a new season as the idiots like to say. Obviously the deeper Price can work into the game, the better shot this will have. My magic number for this to hit is getting Price into the 7th inning. When he's worked into the 7th, he's K-ed at least six in 15 of 20 starts this season.

EaglesPhan36

Price looks good, but not getting the strikeouts so far. Gonna need him to strike out the side or something to get this on track, although he may go 7 or 8 - still one K not gonna cut it for this.

EaglesPhan36

Guess the Colby Lewis prop was the better choice. ID good ones, choose the bad one. Doh!

EaglesPhan36

Game 3: Philles P Cole Hamels Allows a Home Run [-115]
    Hamels has allowed at least one HR in six straight starts in September, including two in his last start vs. STL. That is nine total HRs allowed over six starts after being on the stingier hurlers in MLB as far as HRs yielded. Could be due to his shoulder problem in August. In any case, this is my choice today.

EaglesPhan36

I seem to be stellar at picking two props and going with the wrong one. Liked Hamels Ks over 5.5 and the HR one. Ks one looks like it will hit easy.

So for Yankees-Tigers, I like Burnett Over 5 Ks [-125] & Burnet Total Pitches Over 86.5 [-115]

Will be playing the pitches one, so the K one is probably hitting EZ.

Cicima6709

Heh, every time i come in here to see what you did, i noticed you are usually on the same prop as me.

I am on Burnett over 86.5 pitches too. He's hit it 27 of 32 times, too good to pass up. Ill take my chances. Good look to you too!

BTW, why limit yourself to 1 prop per game? Some games just have 2-3 very, very good props with very wrong lines. You gotta take it if you like it IMO.

A's Fan
    A's Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Anyone know approximately what the line was on porcello more strike outs in the 1st inning tonight, my friend says its +182, that seems really high to me. We do friendly bets.

EaglesPhan36

I f-ing give up. Guy has been great tonight and they f-ing pull him after he allows a hit with two outs? You don't let him try to get out of the inning against a strikeout prone mother fukker like Peralta? 81 pitches. Screwed again. I got zero luck with these. Didn't help either than this was probably his most efficient start of the f-ing year!

EaglesPhan36

Game 5: Tigers P Doug Fister Total Strikeouts Over 4.5 [-115]

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Game 5: Tigers P Doug Fister Total Strikeouts Over 4.5 [-115]
    On it as well, its -105 at 5dimes right now.

EaglesPhan36

This one I thought was a steal at 4.5. Thought it would have been a little higher. Looking good with 3 Ks already.

12 Last