BennyFang
    BennyFang's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10582

What was your worst beat of the season?

We always remember the bad beats.....those games where we had counted the $$$ and quit checking the score. On the heels of that debacle in Phoenix last night, I thought it would be a good topic on the last day of 2011.

Mine occured on back to back nights in August:

Royals blow 4 run lead to Rays in 9th

Astros RL vs D'backs: D'backs tie with HR in top of 9th, 2 outs, then hit 2 run HR in 10th.

....and lastly...Marmol is probably in most, recently 1 out, runner on 1st vs St Louis last Saturday, then a barrage of walks and wild pitches.

What's yours?

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Mine would be dodgers vs phillies august 10th... blew a 6 0 lead... lost 10 9... there's others but I'll leave thoise out or ill lose my minidi

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

What made the beat worse was it was my biggest mlb bet of the year.. every bad beat was on my large bets... ooo it stings

BennyFang

Another one....9/7 Bard give up 5 or 6 runs to Toronto in the 8th all with 2 outs, Red Sox lose 11-10.

johnob14
    johnob14's Avatar Become A Pro!

I believe white sox and tigers about 3 weeks ago..chisox up 8-1 early and lost 9-8...this was 4th team in a 4 team parlay...ugly loss...

gangeriver
    The Best Closer!
    gangeriver's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

brewers vs cards game nearly 2 months ago. if I'm not wrong Shaun Marcum allowed 2 walks and then pitcher Garcia makes 3 Run home run. it was his first career homerun. there were a lot of stupid errors and picher desicisions. also a few times 3.base runners can't make a run for Brwers. They lost 7-8
    Also I'd like to say Cards was so lucky on some of Brewers games. each Cards starting pitcher made a hit or homerun on Brewers series. even Wetsbrook made a grans slam.

BennyFang

Quote Originally Posted by johnob14 View Post
    I believe white sox and tigers about 3 weeks ago..chisox up 8-1 early and lost 9-8...this was 4th team in a 4 team parlay...ugly loss...
    Yes....that one was also in my bag of bad beats....I couldn't remember the teams but definitely the game story.

gohabsgo
    gohabsgo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Yesterday grand slam by arizona in the 9th cost me a lot.

SportGTI
    Update your status
    SportGTI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Had an early game in the season that defined my baseball betting season. I was up a good chunk and laid a large sum of money on the Royals -1.5 line against the Mariners. The Royals entered the 9th with a 6 to 1 lead and turned to their bullpen. The weather was rainy and the bullpen came out cold...throwing ball after ball after ball. The Mariners load the bases and put across 4 runs to blow my -1.5RL and a large payout. My season was defined there (a very long losing season for me :/ )

Pluthero
    Pluthero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

I know you're asking about this year, but my worst ever came last year. 7 team parlay lost in the bottom of the eleventh in Seattle because of a two-run jack by...Ryan Langerhans. $6500 off a $40 bet. Screw you Howell.