JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

4 must-win teams so who loses?

Didn't take the time to scroll through the whole forum to see if people are already talking about this but I'm sure it will be a good discussion today. Considering the Angels blew their slim chances yesterday, the wild-card races are down to 2 in each league. I can't imagine all 4 winning today so what is everyone thinking?

fsfalcons
    fsfalcons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cards Win, Braves win, Sox blow a lead to the O's and Yanks let the Rays beat them easily

SportGTI
    Update your status
    SportGTI's Avatar Become A Pro!

This definitely is worth watching as a lot of money is to be made (or lost )

As for the games today:
    Cardinals at Astros -
    I lean the Cardinals ML in this one; yes they are in a must win situation, but that is not the reason. The reason is they are hot right now and they are throwing out their ACE in Jaime Garcia (not Carpenter anymore). Jaime may not be the road beast yet, but his numbers are getting better, and he usually starts the game off on a high note. He might break down in the middle innings, but LaRussa should bail him out with a quick hook. The Astros, well they are the Stros. They have some good young hitters, but I feel they will be held in check today. Throw into it that the game is in Houston; Berkman, Pujols, Holliday in that park could be scary. You may want to consider 1st 5 innings as Jaime is usually a stud in those innings.

Phillies at Atlanta -
    This a tough one to call for me. I'm a huge braves fan, and I don't feel comfortable throwing money on this game. The Braves have had some minor success against Lee in the past and the Phillies have cooled off. However, the Phillies know they need to ratchet it up for the postseason; what better way to start than to sweep Atlanta in Atlanta and potentially knock them out of the playoffs. The Braves are in a funk offensively. They just aren't scoring runs. Throw in the fact that the Braves don't perform particularly well against the fightin' Phils and this spells disaster.

I lean Phils, but a no play for me unless I play an O/U (which i usually don't)

Rangers at Angels -
    The Agnels blew a big opportunity yesterday to gain ground. The Rangers don't seem a team to lay down against anybody. They play hard and therefore I lean Rangers. I think the bats will be alive tonight and we're getting +money on Wilson. I say Rangers take this one

Red Sox at Os -
    Oh my gosh, the Red Sox are in trouble. And this is why. What has knocked them so close to losing their wildcard lead is one thing; pitching. They don't have it right now. Yes, offensively they've struggled a bit, but let's be honest. Pitching is atrocious in Beantown. Beckett was tagged early and often by these Os a few days ago; the Os pummeled Verlander a few days ago (and nobody has been doing that) and the O's are just flat out smoking at the plate. However, you've got Hunter on the other end who is a complete gas can. He doesn't have the makeup to take the Red Sox down. So this game spells trouble for the Sox because their bats might feel a little more pressure to hit. I lean Os and the over in this one. If I play, i'm only playing O9 runs.

Yanks at Rays -
    I don't know much about this game. The Yankees are throwing a young rookie which is the wild card. Yes the Yanks don't need to win, but the rookie is auditioning for postseason roster considerations and future role in the Yanks rotation. The Rays throw Shields. Shields is a beast at home. Tough call. If I had to choose, I say play the Under and the Rays.

BOL and thanks for starting the discussion JT OZ