ShowMeDaMoney
    ShowMeDaMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

Red Sox +800 Right now to win WS

Simply put, those odds are NOT correct. We're talking about a who fought their way through the whole ALCS and post season injured! Beckett clearly wasn't himself... Lowell was hobbile up too. You put those two guys in heahty in the ALCS, and I bet you come up with a different outcome. How can you give +800 odds to a team that was essentially one swing away from making the seris?

If teams lose players, sure I can see why their odds would go way down, but the Red Sox are more than likely going to be a BETTER team than they were last year. A healthy Beckett and or Lowell makes them a different team.

Of course with the Texeira saga, the latest is that Henry is "calling off" the negotiations after hearing about other offers Boras claims he has received. Gotta play the game of cat and mouse, and Henry is simply calling bluff - he did it with Dice-K a very short time ago.

I expect the same from Tex, I do believe he eds up in Boston with a long career, maybe not 10 as he wants, but something like 8 with a large large amount of automatic coming from Boston.

If Tex signs with them, I'm not saying he definitely will, but they have great odds to land him very soon even despite the little chess match their currently player. If he DOES decide to sign with them your +800 likely shifted to +600 - large difference when we're talking about a team who could easily win the World Series WITHOUT the free agent they are seeking.

If they miss out on Tex, they will get a bat... a good one, it's pretty much a sure thing. I hope it's not a guy like Adam Dunn, he would not help. I hope in the end it is Mark Texeira playing 1B at Fenway and you can kiss good value on the Red Sox winning it all away - pretty much that day as all the band wagon jumpers cling onto the team who just signed someone big.

The same site has the Yankees at +300 - I'm sure a large portion of the reason that number is there is CC

Does anyone know the Yankees odds to win it all before they signed CC bringing it down to +300?

Same thing gonna happen to Boston, so throw your loot in now!

blg123
    blg123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 929

You may wanna read this before your hopes of signing Tex

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3780408

ShowMeDaMoney

Did you read my post? I read the article and touched upon how I think Henry calling things off is nothing but a bluff, just like they did with Dice-K two short years ago - same exact thing. Also, in the original post I said I think the Red Sox can compete without the addition of Texeira.

Vesuvius
    Vesuvius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Just wasting your money...

awatkins011
    awatkins011's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yankees were +600 before signing CC.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

Not a bad bet right now. They will make it in again as WC or AL East as usual.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yanks bolstered pitching staff big time.

Rays have an excellent young staff with Kazmir / Shields / Garza / Price.

Matsuzaka's WHIP and RISP will catch up to him this year. Beckett is injury prone his whole career.

Really don't see the value in the Sox.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

yankees just signed mark teixeira ... the boston line will go up so wait.

i_pick_winners1
    i_pick_winners1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sox are a bad play. You can't walk 8 batters a game and continue to be a successful pitcher. Dice-K is going to go 9-12 this year.

And I'd back Cole Hamels and Tim Lincecum in every game they pitch this year, they're both going to have 20 wins.

And also, I'd bet against Randy Johnson every game he pitches. He's just looking for win 500 and then he's done -- he's way past his prime and won me some money last year playing like shit. He'll get touched up for 5 runs a game this year...

Pair of 5s Sir
    Pair of 5s Sir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4231

Where are you getting early lines for the MLB futures?

ShowMeDaMoney

playersonly.com

for the record, playersonly.com had the Yankees at +300 after the CC signing.