brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Teams and Pitchers That Are Going to Profitable Down The Stretch

what are some pitchers and teams that you guys think can still be profitable the last 2 weeks of the baseball season even despite so many teams seemingly not giving a fck if they win or not with their huge advantage in their division???

Here are some of my thoughts

- Milwaukee, this team is still only up 6 games and that can be erased in 10 days of bad play. I would probably ride out the next week or so

- Justin Verlander is playing for 25 wins/Cy Young/MVP award, I think he will also be very profitable down the stretch

anybody else?? any thoughts???

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Rangers and Angels.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by hawley View Post
    Rangers and Angels.

how the fck did they both lose today against terrible teams with such favorable pitching matchups?

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post

how the fck did they both lose today against terrible teams with such favorable pitching matchups?
    Because despite what some may think the favourite does not win every game.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

I am looking at younger pitchers, who are home dogs against more seasoned pitchers, who have logged in high IP and are coming off high pitch counts. There are a lot of teams that are laced with young talent that want to end things on a positive note. BOL to everyone! Let's all finish strong!

High3rEl3m3nt

I have also noticed that some teams that are jockeying for position, or are chasing the wild card spots, are able to play up to better opponents, but will fall off against the supposed "give me" games. Again, it's all picking and choosing your spots.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

HigherElement -

Good observations on both counts. I like your thinking.

High3rEl3m3nt

We'll see how Toronto plays out, but I got them at +143 last night. This game falls under the situations that I am looking for. Toronto has a great offensive, young lineup, young- promising pitcher, their at home and looking to end on a high note. No, they don't have a future in November, but there's plenty to play for. Colon has been decent this year, but he's old and WAY/WEIGH out of shape. A few other factors and Toronto's easily on my radar. Hopefully it holds.