JsmooveFTW
    JsmooveFTW's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nats going balls to the wall?

Just saw the ticker on Espnnews and they're thinking of making a run at Teixeira. Talk about all in. Sounds pretty bat crazy stupid to me. Tex is pathetic early on in the season and unless you have a chance at making the playoffs (which the Nats of course do not), he's of no real use to you once he gets on fire later in the year.

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

A guy of his caliber is always useful to a team.

JsmooveFTW
    JsmooveFTW's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not exactly. They don't have the greatest farm and they'd be breaking the bank to sign him. They have many many other needs that if left the way they are, Tex wouldn't even make a dent. They'd still end up last in the east. I'd rather take my chances with Nick Johnson being able to go 100 games next year and fill say their pitching than even think about that crazy deal.

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JsmooveFTW View Post
    Not exactly. They don't have the greatest farm and they'd be breaking the bank to sign him. They have many many other needs that if left the way they are, Tex wouldn't even make a dent. They'd still end up last in the east. I'd rather take my chances with Nick Johnson being able to go 100 games next year and fill say their pitching than even think about that crazy deal.
    Agreed.

fifawcs
    fifawcs's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree it's a little ridiculous. He helped the Angels cuz there were other players who were able to complement his abilities. The Nats are need help in so many categories that this signing would take away from other upgrades.