Ganchrow
    Nolite te bastardes carborundorum.
    Ganchrow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1088

June 18 Ganchalysis

Toronto 60% - Halladay is likely to have a strong game here. His recent style of low pitch counts is likely to be effective vs the young Florida lineup. Johnson has been remarkably consistent and he is likely to throw a good game as well. Halladay is likely to go deeper however, and the last 2 or 3 innings should see Halladay still going strong, with the Toronto lineup getting good opportunities vs the Florida pen.

Yankees 55% - Wang is likely to have a mediocre outing here. O'Connor is likely to have a similar outing to Wang. Both pens are roughly equal for this game, and the Yankees rate a modest lineup edge.

Mets 74% - Glavine is likely to have a strong outing. He has been outstanding at Shea stadium this year and that should continue. Loewen will be very vulnerable vs the Mets' strong lineup, as he is having problems with control which will get him in trouble here.

Cincinnati 53% - Cincinnati has a small edge in starting pitching, while the White Sox have a small edge in the pen, but all around this is a tough spot for every pitcher today. Garland has a modest chance of having an awful outing, as this ballpark will exacerbate Garland's penchant for giving up home runs.

Philadelphia 63% - McClung is likely to have another poor performance. His recent numbers indicate little chance for a turn-around. Madson is likely to have a mediocre start. Philadelphia rates a moderate edge in the pen.

Minnesota 71% - Perez has had major problems with consistency and he is likely to have an off day here. Santana is the opposite, very consistent, and he is very likely to have an excellent outing.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like cincy today myself, but will probly pass on the game. the white sox just flat out own the reds in interleague play.

bigboydan

whats your thoughts on the Cleveland/Milwaukee game ganchrow ?

Ganchrow

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    whats your thoughts on the Cleveland/Milwaukee game ganchrow ?
    No time for a write-up, but we have Milwaukee at 52%.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Quote Originally Posted by ganchrow
    with the Toronto lineup getting good opportunities vs the Florida pen.
    They should get 4 or so innings against the Fish pen with the way JJ is laboring out there (55 pitches through 2 innings), but somehow the Jays have only scored 1 run (Bases juiced no outs in 1st and bases loaded 1 out in 2nd, which should've been carbon copy of 1st inning, but Uggla f'd up the DP ball to end the inning).

Ganchrow

San Diego 52% - This is not a good spot at all for the Angels. Colon has always been vulnerable to getting hit hard, and his stint in the minors did not go well. The Angels' pen is extended and is nowhere near peak condition for this game. Park is shaky but can be effective, especially in forgiving parks like Angel stadium.

Seattle 56% - Moyer is much more effective at Safeco than elsewhere, and he should be effective vs the aging San Francisco lineup. Wright is also likely to have a quality start here, but Seattle rates an edge with their pen and with Moyer at home.

Oakland 58% - Blanton has been very effective at home, where the park is well-suited to his style of pitching. Sele has been good so far but had control problems in his last start, and he is likely to have an off day today. The Dodgers' pen is extended a bit and mediocre. Oakland rates an edge as they should be able to produce vs Sele and the Dodger pen, and Blanton should have another effective outing.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Well done to Washington giving the Yankees another late innings spanking.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by tacomax
    Well done to Washington giving the Yankees another late innings spanking.
    I love watching the Yankees choke.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    I love watching the Yankees choke.
    The only way that could have been better is if it was Riveria chalking up the loss.

bigboydan

two back to back bad outting for Riveria now.

the yankees can't wait to get dotel back, and niether can I

bigboydan

anything on the late game ganchrow ?

Ganchrow

Boston 53% - Boston appears to have a big edge on paper in starting pitching, lineup, and bullpen for this game, and while they do have an edge in all of those areas, the edges are not as great as they might seem, except for the bullpen edge, which will be of less importance for this game than it would be for most others. Schilling has been great recently, especially in his last outing, but he is likely to be a little less dominating here, while Smoltz, who has been hit recently, is likely to be a bit better here.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    two back to back bad outting for Riveria now.
    Wang blew it today Dan. They tried to get him a complete game. Boy was that the wrong move.

bigboydan

those were roughly the same %'s (51%) i came up with too ganchrow. normally i probly would have took a shot with the braves in this spot, but i can't due to the way there playing.

bigboydan

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Wang blew it today Dan. They tried to get him a complete game. Boy was that the wrong move.
    my mistake looker. i thought Riveria did come into the game.