brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Brewers Game 2 Tonight

will the brewers likely play all their starters in their lineup tonight in game 2 of the double header???

I realize the brew crew have a big lead in the divison (8.5) but their manager has said that they're not gonna slow down their efforts because there's still a long way to go in the season

what's the procedure on double headers anyways??? Do most teams play all their starters in game 2??

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

I thought you knew everything?

SaintsFan
    SaintsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Roenicke gets a lot of criticism and I wouldn't project anything until the final lineup cards are out for EACH game.

IMO if he was smart he'd rest his guys for game 1 and play everybody to ensure a win in Game 2 with Greinke on the bump.

Braun will definitely not start both games. I'd think you'd see Yuni and Casey each sit one out as well as LuCroy.

Most likely is that Roenicke sits (for example) Braun and Yuni for one game and then Casey and LuCroy sit the other game. What the rotation will be only he knows.

Just wait for the lineups to come out - google "Brewers blog" and keep checking every 30 minutes. The top 3 Brewers blogs that come up on a Google search usually have the Brewers lineups before ESPN.com or MLB does.

kerrywoodwins20
    kerrywoodwins20's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd bench Fielder for the first one and Braun for the second one. They will likely sweep the Pie-rats regardless.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by kerrywoodwins20 View Post
    I'Theywill likely sweep the Pie-rats regardless.

Boxer300
    Boxer300's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

The Brewers have beaten the Pirates all 8 games they have played this year and 12 straight going back to last year. The Pirates last played the Brewers about a week ago and did not score more than 2 runs in any of the games. The Pirates scored a combined 3 runs in the 3 games. The Brewers are also 13-5 in their last 18 road games. Pretty impressive turn around considering they started the season 16-31 on the road.

I don't know how Narveson will do coming off the DL in the first game. They might have to use the bullpen more than they would like in the the early game if he struggles. The Pirates may have a decent shot in that one if they can get to Narveson.

I think Greinke will do well in the night cap even though he struggles more on the road, but I hate to pay that much juice for any team. Might have to consider it depending on how the first game goes. Also Pirates are in the midst of playing 21 games in 20 days without any days off. Might have to fade them a bit more in the next couple of weeks. Their next day off with be Sept 8.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer300 View Post
    The Brewers have beaten the Pirates all 8 games they have played this year and 12 straight going back to last year. The Pirates last played the Brewers about a week ago and did not score more than 2 runs in any of the games. The Brewers are also 13-5 in their last 18 road games. Pretty impressive turn around considering they started the season 16-31 on the road. I don't know how Narveson will do coming off the DL in the first game. They might have to use the bullpen more than they would like in the the early game if he struggles. The Pirates may have a decent shot in that one if they can get to Narveson. I think Greinke will do well in the night cap even though he struggles more on the road, but I hate to pay that much juice for any team. Might have to consider it depending on how the first game goes. Also Pirates are in the midst of playing 21 games in 20 days without any days off. Might have to fade them a bit more in the next couple of weeks. Their next day off with be Sept 8.

greinke's road numbers are awesome his last 4 or 5 outings

he even dominated on the road in colorado (6 innings 8 ks no earned runs)

brahmabull117

at this pont though, it's a psychological thing

the pirates simply don't believe they can beat this team... no matter what the situation may be

I actually think the brewers will sweep this series so you can play that - 170 series line for milwaukee with confidence
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 08-22-11 at 12:54 PM.

kcburg
    kcburg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6072

lineup for Game 1: Morgan 8, Hairston 4, Braun 7, Fielder 3, Kotsay 9, Betancourt 6, Kottaras 2, Counsell 5, Narveson 1

warriorfan707
    SBR Poster of the Milennium
    warriorfan707's Avatar Become A Pro!

They win game 2 behind Grienke

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not a strong lineup in game 1

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
    Not a strong lineup in game 1

I'm actually glad to see that, it means that lucicroy (SP?) and mcgehee will play in game 2. Lucicroy is a much better offensive catcher and mcgeehee has been red hot recently

what do u guys think now?? Are Braun and Fielder pretty much guaranteed to play both games???

The Brewers only have 12 positional players for the 8 positions on the field (outside of pitcher). That means at least 4 guys have to play both games so more than likely Braun and Fielder would be in that group right??
    Last edited by brahmabull117; 08-22-11 at 01:17 PM.

kcburg
    kcburg's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6072

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    I'm actually glad to see that, it means that lucicroy (SP?) and mcgehee will play in game 2

and Hart leading off I would hope...

A.M.S.
    A.M.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

takin brews on both games.... their bats r good enough to stay ahead. ( i hope )

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by kcburg View Post
    and Hart leading off I would hope...

I am thinking game 2 will be

Hart
    morgan
    Braun
    Fielder
    Mcgee
    Betancout
    Wilson
    Lucroy

that's the brewers best lineup offensively

kerrywoodwins20

brahmabull, you know me, I'm liking the under 8.5 first game...

brahmabull117

brahmabull, you know me, I'm liking the under 8.5 first game...

I actually think that game 1 will be a high scoring game

narveson coming off DL should be a bit rusty and karstens has gotten hit hard against milwaukee, I see brewers taking this like 8-5

kerrywoodwins20

Shit... Pirates lineup is a bunch of automatic outs after the 3 spot. Narveson will pitch well... Brewers win 5-2.

brahmabull117

Shit... Pirates lineup is a bunch of automatic outs after the 3 spot. Narveson will pitch well... Brewers win 5-2.

so do you think brewers will play fielder and braun in both games??

at least 4 guys have to play in both games, no way they would give some scrub like mark kotsay 2 games and let Braun sit the second one right?

GoBlue23
    Penetrate
    GoBlue23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3175

so do you think brewers will play fielder and braun in both games?? at least 4 guys have to play in both games, no way they would give some scrub like mark kotsay 2 games and let Braun sit the second one right?
    I wouldn't think that Kotsay would play 2 instead of Braun. I'm only taking game 1 right now until I see the lineup card for game 2. I like the Brew Crew in both games regardless...but if for some reason the Brewers have a weird lineup in game 2 I can adjust my bet accordingly.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

greinke's road numbers are awesome his last 4 or 5 outings he even dominated on the road in colorado (6 innings 8 ks no earned runs)
    Greinke has been one of the best pitchers in the league in the second half of the season, I see him dominating the Pirates. I think Fielder starts both games. Obviously braun will take a rest in one of those games, there plan for him has been to give him days off periodically throughout the season.

CF Nyjer Morgan
    2B Jerry Hairston Jr.
    LF Ryan Braun
    1B Prince Fielder
    RF Mark Kotsay
    SS Yuniesky Betancourt
    C George Kottaras
    3B Craig Counsell
    LHP Chris Narveson

thats the first game line up.

Obviously this means Braun will not play in the night game. Which makes sense because we will need less offense with Greinke on the mound.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Greinke has been one of the best pitchers in the league in the second half of the season, I see him dominating the Pirates. I think Fielder starts both games. Obviously braun will take a rest in one of those games, there plan for him has been to give him days off periodically throughout the season. CF Nyjer Morgan 2B Jerry Hairston Jr. LF Ryan Braun 1B Prince Fielder RF Mark Kotsay SS Yuniesky Betancourt C George Kottaras 3B Craig Counsell LHP Chris Narveson thats the first game line up. Obviously this means Braun will not play in the night game. Which makes sense because we will need less offense with Greinke on the mound.

goddamn it

why does braun need days off?? what is it, his time of the month again??

neverstoppers23

I am thinking game 2 will be

Hart
    morgan
    Braun
    Fielder
    Mcgee
    Betancout
    Wilson
    Lucroy

that's the brewers best lineup offensively

I think chances are very very low Braun plays in both games.

neverstoppers23

goddamn it

why does braun need days off?? what is it, his time of the month again??
    He has a nagging injury, I forget what specifically it is. But when he feels he needs a day off Ron gives it to him, and obviously playing back to back games is not going to be good for it. I think its some quad issue.

brahmabull117

I think chances are very very low Braun plays in both games.

so who's gonna play in his spot in game 2???

they're gonna give some scrub like jerry hairson or mark kotsay back to back games???

neverstoppers23

If been wanted Morgan to lead off for a long time, I doubt we will ever use this lineup ever again but it will fun to see it. Nyjer morgan stealing bases today, obviously he doesn't get many chances to steal when he gets on base in front of Braun and Fielder.

neverstoppers23

so who's gonna play in his spot in game 2???

they're gonna give some scrub like jerry hairson or mark kotsay back to back games???
    Maybe put Morgan in left, hart in right, Harriston in center. I believe Morgan has played left field in his days.

neverstoppers23

Kotsay has been great for the brewers this year, when he filled in for Braun before the break, and having him coming off the bench. He had so many clutch hits in July.

brahmabull117

Kotsay has been great for the brewers this year, when he filled in for Braun before the break, and having him coming off the bench. He had so many clutch hits in July.

it's a 300+ drop in OPS brah

I realize the brewers will likely win this game no matter what but I need every bit of extra insurance cause I'm gonna put big money on this game

neverstoppers23

Well in Game 2, I doubt we will need much offense with Greinke, he has been a different pitcher even in his last 4 games. He has all his pitchers working for him now, something he didn;t have early on in the season. When he can get his breaking stuff over for a strike, thats when he is at his best.

brahmabull117

Well in Game 2, I doubt we will need much offense with Greinke, he has been a different pitcher even in his last 4 games. He has all his pitchers working for him now, something he didn;t have early on in the season. When he can get his breaking stuff over for a strike, thats when he is at his best.

I know, I know, I just want every bit of insurance possible

at what time do you think they will reveal the lineup for game 2??

KC
    KC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

There's a good chance Braun and Fielder play the nightcap but probably won't know till 8pm