Login Search

Brewers Game 2 Tonight

Last Post

Default Brewers Game 2 Tonight

will the brewers likely play all their starters in their lineup tonight in game 2 of the double header???

I realize the brew crew have a big lead in the divison (8.5) but their manager has said that they're not gonna slow down their efforts because there's still a long way to go in the season

what's the procedure on double headers anyways??? Do most teams play all their starters in game 2??

Roenicke gets a lot of criticism and I wouldn't project anything until the final lineup cards are out for EACH game.

IMO if he was smart he'd rest his guys for game 1 and play everybody to ensure a win in Game 2 with Greinke on the bump.

Braun will definitely not start both games. I'd think you'd see Yuni and Casey each sit one out as well as LuCroy.

Most likely is that Roenicke sits (for example) Braun and Yuni for one game and then Casey and LuCroy sit the other game. What the rotation will be only he knows.

Just wait for the lineups to come out - google "Brewers blog" and keep checking every 30 minutes. The top 3 Brewers blogs that come up on a Google search usually have the Brewers lineups before ESPN.com or MLB does.

The Brewers have beaten the Pirates all 8 games they have played this year and 12 straight going back to last year. The Pirates last played the Brewers about a week ago and did not score more than 2 runs in any of the games. The Pirates scored a combined 3 runs in the 3 games. The Brewers are also 13-5 in their last 18 road games. Pretty impressive turn around considering they started the season 16-31 on the road.

I don't know how Narveson will do coming off the DL in the first game. They might have to use the bullpen more than they would like in the the early game if he struggles. The Pirates may have a decent shot in that one if they can get to Narveson.

I think Greinke will do well in the night cap even though he struggles more on the road, but I hate to pay that much juice for any team. Might have to consider it depending on how the first game goes. Also Pirates are in the midst of playing 21 games in 20 days without any days off. Might have to fade them a bit more in the next couple of weeks. Their next day off with be Sept 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxer300 View Post
The Brewers have beaten the Pirates all 8 games they have played this year and 12 straight going back to last year. The Pirates last played the Brewers about a week ago and did not score more than 2 runs in any of the games. The Brewers are also 13-5 in their last 18 road games. Pretty impressive turn around considering they started the season 16-31 on the road. I don't know how Narveson will do coming off the DL in the first game. They might have to use the bullpen more than they would like in the the early game if he struggles. The Pirates may have a decent shot in that one if they can get to Narveson. I think Greinke will do well in the night cap even though he struggles more on the road, but I hate to pay that much juice for any team. Might have to consider it depending on how the first game goes. Also Pirates are in the midst of playing 21 games in 20 days without any days off. Might have to fade them a bit more in the next couple of weeks. Their next day off with be Sept 8.

greinke's road numbers are awesome his last 4 or 5 outings

he even dominated on the road in colorado (6 innings 8 ks no earned runs)

Quote Originally Posted by DrStale View Post
Not a strong lineup in game 1

I'm actually glad to see that, it means that lucicroy (SP?) and mcgehee will play in game 2. Lucicroy is a much better offensive catcher and mcgeehee has been red hot recently

what do u guys think now?? Are Braun and Fielder pretty much guaranteed to play both games???

The Brewers only have 12 positional players for the 8 positions on the field (outside of pitcher). That means at least 4 guys have to play both games so more than likely Braun and Fielder would be in that group right??
Last edited by brahmabull117; 08-22-11 at 01:17 PM.