miyakuza
    miyakuza's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

MONDAY BASES THREAD. Winners in here, gentlemen.

Hey fellas,

Happy monday. A new week, New series, new matchups, another day to profit.

Let's discuss plays for today. What do you guys like for the day?

I like the Giants for the ESPN game. Braves do not hit lefties well, and Giants are starting to breakout again. I feel this is a great opportunity to take the Giants, coming in with confidence and momentum. Braves just gave away 2 to the Cubs.

I also like Astros at home vs the Cubs. Astros got swept recently at Wrigley, but I believe they'll play much better to the Cubs at home and have done well against them in the past until recently.

Seattle also looks like a good home team to take. They're attacking early and putting up runs. That's all that is needed for Pineda to get the job done. After Toronto just won the series against the Angels, its a bit fishy seeing them open around +135.

Baltimore looks good as well. What the hell, total is 7.5 with Hunter and Gonzalez? Hunter going to pitch a solid start? A lot of value there.
    Last edited by miyakuza; 08-15-11 at 11:28 AM.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Braves hit many homeruns, but Bumgarner doesnt give thwm up @ all. Freeman and other Braves lefties will either sit or be ineffective. Under bet is in order, maybe FF.

Took Mutts last night. Padres first game back from ten game road trip. Auto-bet for myself. It is just like when thbe Phillies lost

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Braves hit many homeruns, but Bumgarner doesnt give thwm up @ all. Freeman and other Braves lefties will either sit or be ineffective. Under bet is in order, maybe FF.

Took Mutts last night. Padres first game back from ten game road trip. Auto-bet for myself. It is just like when thbe Phillies lost Thursday after their long road trip. Disinterest on the home teams part is the key.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

I do not look @ the Astros as. Major league team, so they are unavailabe for me to bet on.LOL

I give Oakland the advantage their game. Hunter played for Texas, so Oakland is familiar with him. Oaklands offensive outburst lately can not be explained. If they continue to hit, then Billy Beane probably gave up on Moneyball and sent everyone a shipment of HGH.

miyakuza

LOL.

I like the Mets too, Houli. Padres hit runs on Dickey... But at another ballpark. Theyre back at home, their pitchers ballpark. Total for the game is at 7, and I think Mets will get the win today for Dickey.

miyakuza

Tommy Hunter has a GREAT record vs. The A's too. Gonzalez, not as solid. Although, A's are 12-1 against B-More at home in their last 13.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!
    borednaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Look guys,
    These last few days have been up & down. Im stumbling over myself taking swings I dont need to. I want your help & opinions on the following 3 games.

NY/Kc, Tex/LAA, & Fla /Colo. I like NY, Tez & Over, and Colo. Im probably wrong on all four. Help.

miyakuza

Too shit pitchers in the Colorado game, over looks like it will hit. I hate taking road juice on the Yanks, and Burnett is GARBAGE. Not even hot garbage. Spoiled rotten garbage. Would rather look into KC. A good number of home dogs today. Pitt, KC, HOU, LAA.

I think LAA could possibly win outright tonight.

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

On James McDonald, he has 7 HR's against in his last 3 games and has 20 HR's total so something isn't right about him. I'm hoping he gets rocked like Weaver did this weekend. Weaver gave up a huge amount of HR's his last few games.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

Houston looks solid. My problem is Kcs line up, and NY's leftie bombers. Can Kc out score NYY with the fat ass on the mound? I cant bring myself to take LAa either, if they win its got to be a 3-2 kind of game. I dont see LAA's pitcher shutting down Texas with Og.

beg154860
    beg154860's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1138

NYY & STL Parlay ML is all but a .

freakydave
    freakydave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by miyakuza View Post
    Too shit pitchers in the Colorado game, over looks like it will hit. I hate taking road juice on the Yanks, and Burnett is GARBAGE. Not even hot garbage. Spoiled rotten garbage. Would rather look into KC. A good number of home dogs today. Pitt, KC, HOU, LAA. I think LAA could possibly win outright tonight.
    The over looked to hit in STL/COL last night till Col went 1 for 417 with risp[/sarcasm].Hate on Burnett all you want but the Yankee offence is powerful & I think they will be able to save AJ (Gas Can) Burnett in KC.

miyakuza

Quote Originally Posted by freakydave View Post
    The over looked to hit in STL/COL last night till Col went 1 for 417 with risp[/sarcasm].Hate on Burnett all you want but the Yankee offence is powerful & I think they will be able to save AJ (Gas Can) Burnett in KC.
    Not worth it to bet on offense on the road over pitching.
    Can you leave the STL/COL over out of it? I'm tired of hearing people still arguing about it. Under was the play, it hit. Made all the sense in the world as well. Look at the opinions in the other threads...If you play totals you would notice this happens a lot when the under is the play. Runs are put up at the beginning of the game and then it slows down a lot. I never play totals btw, just throwing out thoughts. Btw, the total makes a lot more sense for COL/FLA. Its at 10.5, not 8.5 like last night. Just saying.

Anyways...

Razorbacks1
    '70's Gong Show Fan
    Razorbacks1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9578

Damn Miyakuza I'm going against you again...BOL

Going with the Braves and Hudson at home. Don't feel the Giants can score enough yet (5 against Fla. did not impress

Dare I say the Cubs are playing some decent ball lately. Getting rid of a cancer might have helped. Gonna go Cubbies at a good price.

And finally dare I say further the the Mariners have actually hit and scored runs lately. I'll try the M's at home

Also looking at KC and SD

Good luck all
    Last edited by Razorbacks1; 08-15-11 at 02:53 PM.

miyakuza

Plays for today:

Laa
    SF
    Houston
    Baltimore

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

i wouldnt touch LAA at the moment
    trip back home from a road trip out east will be a factor and there best pitchers out of the bullpen got some innings in yesterday
    they also blew it and arent hitting well (still)
    ogando owns them and they have a rookie against a team that can swing a decent bat

i dont understand why people back the halos..... they are a team with washed up players who dont care. theres no heart on that team other then some pitchers who are the only ones makign a difference
    Last edited by ridims; 08-15-11 at 07:07 PM.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Jake westbrook ******* stinks.. how is he still in the league, he is good for like 3 or 4 innings max before he gets completely plowed

LockPickMaster
    LockPickMaster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ebbearsfb1 View Post
    Jake westbrook ******* stinks.. how is he still in the league, he is good for like 3 or 4 innings max before he gets completely plowed
    He strikeout/walk ratio is 50/50 the last 3 games and I took STL anyways.

beg154860

Cards a fu*king gutless team and obviously already accept the Brewcrew as the division champs but lets see a comeback here

ebbearsfb1

No comeback. They are toast... o btw nice job braves.. ******* bums

beg154860

Fu*k westbrook freaking pos this guy

ebbearsfb1

Cards are a joke

beg154860

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuk you cory

miyakuza

**** you brian wilson. You need to have shit lit on your doorstep. Absolutely terrible inning.

miyakuza

I'm on Mets.

miyakuza

Taking Seattle.

miyakuza

Cmon Astros, Mariners, Angels and Orioles!!! Lets get this late night money! SHIT

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by miyakuza View Post
    I'm on Mets.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

Boys Im about to hit a 7 teamer no matter what. What makes a difference is if Sd\Mutts go over 7 or not. 5 to win 200 if under. 20 to win 800 if yes. I feel like a tool for not putting 20 on both. Jay keeps fukkkin me.

borednaz
    Swing Piggy Swing!

Will venable I fukkin love you...

miyakuza

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    At least Seattle and B-More will cash. I knew either LAA or Bmore would cash as huge dog plays, 1-1 for profit.

Bell gonna blow another game to the mets LMAO

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I'm on the mets. God I hope they win. if they do, it'll be a very winning day for me