moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Berken doing his Jeff Fassero impression early I see

He gets pulled after 1/3rd of an inning, lololololol. His one out was a hard lineout to third where the 3B made a great catch.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

na, he couldn't have been as bad as Fassero was

moses millsap

It sounds like Jeff Brantley is trying to jinx Clemson, but maybe it's just the drugs.

bigboydan

clemson just took the 4-3 lead now.

bigboydan

i'm gonna take a shot with Oregon State today +185 (1 unit)

bigboydan

this should be a very interesting college world series this year.

unc vs oregon st. will be playing for the championship. i picked OSU to win it all before the college W.S. even started, and i'm not going to change my mind right now.

bigboydan

heres a nice write up to keep everyone upto speed on this event:

i know UNC has been killing everyone they have played on the road to omaha. but, oregon state has played just as good on the same road.

i'm going with OSU +160 in game 1 for 2 units

The College World Series features two first-timers in the likes of Oregon State and North Carolina. The two will do battle in the best-of-three series on Saturday at Rosenblatt Stadium in Omaha, Nebraska.

Oregon State (48-15) and North Carolina (53-13) have set single-season school records for victories this year and will meet for the first time.

Oregon State earned its spot by winning four straight games in the double-elimination tournament.

After opening the tournament with an 11-1 loss to Miami last Saturday, the Beavers turned to their pitching. The hurlers yielded just one run and 12 hits in their last 27 innings, including a 2-0 win on Thursday.

Jay Cox went deep twice and drove in four runs to lead North Carolina in Wednesday's 6-5 victory over the Titans.

The Tar Heels have now won all eight games of the NCAA Tournament and are looking to become the first Atlantic Coast Conference team to capture the national title since Wake Forest did it back in 1955.

The two got here with different approaches. North Carolina went undefeated, while the Beavers had to fight out of the loser's bracket. However, both teams inevitably got where they wanted to go and this looks to be a very interesting series. The Tar Heels enter Game 1 as the favorites, and most likely will be labled the chalk to take the series.

First pitch goes Saturday on ESPN at 7:00pm EST.

bigboydan

game 1 of the college world series was delayed for roughly an hour due to rain. but, the drama lasted all night long.

UNC wins the game on a wild pitch scoring the runner at 3rd in the bottom of the 8th inning. OSU had a runner on 2nd base with one out, and they just flat out were overmatched by the unc closer.

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Going to play Oregon State tonight. Like Stutes as a pitcher. Also it would be a great game 3 matchup tomorrow with Nickerson vs Bard. Don't know the weather situation for tonight, possible more rain?

moses millsap

UNC seems so much more clutch than OSU. They are typically putting 2 out rallies together while OSU will get a couple of guys on with no or 1 out and not even get close to sniffing a run.

bigboydan

tonight is game 3 of the series. i'm going with OSU again today, and hope my original prediction to win this tourney is right.

i'm just going to wait a little closer to game time before placing my wager though. UNC is currently sitting at -140 right now, and i'm thinking it will go up a little bit.

moses millsap

Line shot down 10c already at Pinny, from plus 33c to 23c. That total looks intriguing to me.

bigboydan

well bud, i'm gonna wait it out til and see how this line plays out. i still think the public will bet it back up closer to game time.

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

I hate to go against you bbd, but am going to have to go with Bard throwing tonight for UNC. I think Nickerson is great also, but the OSU bullpen can't have much left in their arms. I know they are young kids, but it still takes a toll.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oregon State wins the championship. Congrats to those of you that had the Beavers.

bigboydan

all bets aside. this game 3 was a great game. you had unc trying to have a runner steal home in the 8th, which didn't count due to the strikeout. then you see OSU come right back and take the lead, and hold on to win the game killing the UNC rally in the 9th.

moses millsap

That error was just as much as Federowicz's fault than the 2B, imho. The throw wasn't perfect, but a 1B has to position himself a little better than that to catch it.

First 12