Vin_vermillion
    Vin_vermillion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Are the Cleveland Indians the...

Are they the worst team to ever be 2 games out of first place this late in the season? I mean, you had the cardinals a few years back that didn't look good record wise but looked great on paper.

This Indians team looks bad record wise as well as on paper. Amazing that they are only two games out. Stupifying.

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

The Angels are pretty bad too... their lineup is comical.....

Just be thankful you're in the AL East..

Vin_vermillion

AL EAST? Ya lost me.....

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

You're an idiot. The Indians have the best playoff rotation in the AL (Jimenez, Masterson, Tomlin) - when they take the Central. Stop them.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

4.57 era, 1.37 whip, and 7-9 record are part of " the best playoff rotation?

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

two weeks ago the Pirates were in first place, and outside of Mcutchen and Tabata that team is awful.

wade1
    wade1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Cleveland Pitching is awesome, especially the bullpen. What is it they say about baseball? PITCHING PITCHING PITCHING They are a very young team and going to get better. And besides the rest of the divison aren't the 27 yankees

Vin_vermillion

Quote Originally Posted by gryfyn1 View Post
    two weeks ago the Pirates were in first place, and outside of Mcutchen and Tabata that team is awful.

Hence the comment "this late in the season"

Vin_vermillion

The only people here who can actually be talking up cleveland as a solid baseball team have to be Indians homers....

They are two games above 500 people! At one point they were 15 games above... I believe they were 45-30 or something

which means they are like 13-26 over their last 39 games ( maybe this isn't completely correct - trying to go from memory). The offense has been horrendous, their two best offensive players behind t Hafner are gone until September at best. This team is WOEFUL!!

By far the worst team I have ever seen this close to first place with under 50 games left

Vin_vermillion

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    You're an idiot. The Indians have the best playoff rotation in the AL (Jimenez, Masterson, Tomlin) - when they take the Central. Stop them.

Seiously ? Seriously ? Jimenez was the worst trade ever. Not having a stellar year at all, masterson I will give you but tomlin is a 5th starter on any other team. Carrasco is absolutely horrible and Carmona (ace at start of year) has an era over 5. David huff has been their best pitcher and he got sent back down for some odd reason

Oh and Alex white was awesome too but the Indians forget where they put him.

But I am the idiot??

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

That would be the recent Cardinals IMO. At least the Indians have some depth to their lineup, and are a pretty well-rounded team.

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

Quote Originally Posted by Vin_vermillion View Post
    The only people here who can actually be talking up cleveland as a solid baseball team have to be Indians homers.... They are two games above 500 people! At one point they were 15 games above... I believe they were 45-30 or something which means they are like 13-26 over their last 39 games ( maybe this isn't completely correct - trying to go from memory). The offense has been horrendous, their two best offensive players behind t Hafner are gone until September at best. This team is WOEFUL!! By far the worst team I have ever seen this close to first place with under 50 games left
    first things first, i'm a Tribe fan, so go ahead and tell me that i shouldn't weight in because i'm biased and get that over with. i do not think that the Tribe is a very good team, but the amount of hyperbole and inaccuracies in this thread are the only things that are laughable. you sound like some idiot on Mike and Mike (read: you sound like Mike or Mike) or some other unlistenable sports talk show.

Asdrubal Cabrera is the Tribe's best offensive player, period, so you're off on that. has been as good as any SS in baseball this season, and that's no hyperbole. Hafner is their second best offensive player. if you're referring to Sizemore and Choo as their next two best offensive players after Hafner and are out until September, you really might want to revisit that assessment. Choo was having a terrible season at the plate and is due to rejoin the team within a week. Sizemore is good but struggled with a sports hernia all season even when his knee was okay. right now, Kipnis is their hottest offensive player, hotter than Cabrera or Hafner, but it's only been a few weeks, let's see if that lasts.

Jiminez being "worst trade ever" is simply a stupid and hyperbolic statement. similar hyperbole was cast at the Colon, Sabathia, Cliff Lee and Victor Martinez trades, and all proven wrong over time. Tomlin is a bulldog and a solid SP. he should not be considered better than a 3rd starter, but 5th at best on any other team shows your lack of familiarity with other staffs. the Reds, Cubs, or Yankees (among another of others) would gladly trot him out every fifth day. Huff has been their best pitcher and got sent down for some odd reason shows that you know little about Huff or MLB transaction rules. they sent Huff down to get past Carrasco's suspension, after which point Huff will be called back up and Carrasco sent down (Huff is a completely different pitcher this season from last; if you'd been watching him for three years, you'd understand the front office's skepticism that he's finally turned the corner). Carrasco has been bad lately, but was the Tribe's best pitcher after Masterson for the first half. he's young and will come around.

In short, i don't think that the Tribe are a particularly good team. Neither are the White Sox, Tigers, Dbacks, Giants or Angels. They absolutely could be trouble for an opponent in the playoff if they are fortunate enough to get there. Beyond that, your statement that this is the worst team you've see within two games of first with 50 games left is really more a reflection on you than anything else. it's silly and hyperbolic and most likely the result of not having seen much. off to more important things, respond if you want but i won't be back. i've already given you way more of my time than you deserve.
    Points Awarded:

thenatti gave BiffTFinancial 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

thenatti
    thenatti's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    first things first, i'm a Tribe fan, so go ahead and tell me that i shouldn't weight in because i'm biased and get that over with. i do not think that the Tribe is a very good team, but the amount of hyperbole and inaccuracies in this thread are the only things that are laughable. you sound like some idiot on Mike and Mike (read: you sound like Mike or Mike) or some other unlistenable sports talk show.

Asdrubal Cabrera is the Tribe's best offensive player, period, so you're off on that. has been as good as any SS in baseball this season, and that's no hyperbole. Hafner is their second best offensive player. if you're referring to Sizemore and Choo as their next two best offensive players after Hafner and are out until September, you really might want to revisit that assessment. Choo was having a terrible season at the plate and is due to rejoin the team within a week. Sizemore is good but struggled with a sports hernia all season even when his knee was okay. right now, Kipnis is their hottest offensive player, hotter than Cabrera or Hafner, but it's only been a few weeks, let's see if that lasts.

Jiminez being "worst trade ever" is simply a stupid and hyperbolic statement. similar hyperbole was cast at the Colon, Sabathia, Cliff Lee and Victor Martinez trades, and all proven wrong over time. Tomlin is a bulldog and a solid SP. he should not be considered better than a 3rd starter, but 5th at best on any other team shows your lack of familiarity with other staffs. the Reds, Cubs, or Yankees (among another of others) would gladly trot him out every fifth day. Huff has been their best pitcher and got sent down for some odd reason shows that you know little about Huff or MLB transaction rules. they sent Huff down to get past Carrasco's suspension, after which point Huff will be called back up and Carrasco sent down (Huff is a completely different pitcher this season from last; if you'd been watching him for three years, you'd understand the front office's skepticism that he's finally turned the corner). Carrasco has been bad lately, but was the Tribe's best pitcher after Masterson for the first half. he's young and will come around.

In short, i don't think that the Tribe are a particularly good team. Neither are the White Sox, Tigers, Dbacks, Giants or Angels. They absolutely could be trouble for an opponent in the playoff if they are fortunate enough to get there. Beyond that, your statement that this is the worst team you've see within two games of first with 50 games left is really more a reflection on you than anything else. it's silly and hyperbolic and most likely the result of not having seen much. off to more important things, respond if you want but i won't be back. i've already given you way more of my time than you deserve.
    Excellent post!

Vin_vermillion

1) If Asbrubal Cabrera is their "best offensive player" then I was even more correct about my assessment than I thought previously.

2) Just because Choo is having 1 bad season and has been on the DL doesnt change the FACT that he is one of their top offensive producers (same can be said for Sizemore)

3) I am glad you think a guy with an above 4 ERA is such a great trade away for two FUTURE SOLID PITCHERS! You, SIR , are the EFFING IDIOT!

4)YOU BASICALLY AGREED with me on everything else here, but just called me an idiot. You state that " Huff is a completely different pitcher this season from last; if you'd been watching him for three years" I have been watching him that long too - and he has been good this season.

You also State " In short, i don't think that the Tribe are a particularly good team. "

This is the point of my statement!!!!!

Thanks for agreeing with me!

5) There is No WAY IN HELL Tomlin would be better than a 5th starter on the Yankees. I will give you that maybe he is a 4th starter on many other teams, but again, thanks for TAKING THE WORST STAFFS in BASEBALL to REFUTE my comments.

just because my statement wasnt true for ALL TEAMS doesnt meant that it isnt true for most of them, and any team in 1st or second right now would not have Tomlin as better than their fourth or fifth starter. For most it would be the 5 spot.

Vin_vermillion

BTW INDIANS LOSE AGAIN LAST NIGHT!

Grosshhit
    Grosshhit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 342

Tribe just took 2 of 3 from the Tigers, closing the gap on Detroit. Verlander pitched last night to get his 17th win. As an Indians fan I am happy.

thenatti
    thenatti's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

I'll take 2 outa 3 the rest of the season...they'll win the central easily if they do that.

miyakuza
    miyakuza's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Vin, you simply dislike the Indians. It's pretty comical you use the view that they're the worst team to he this close to first this far in the season.

They're a young team, who have bounced back from a terrible year last year. The improvement alone is impressive. But it is clear that you just believe this team has just slid on by and dislike them with a passion.

But carry on with the burning hatred. Lmao

Vin_vermillion

Been an Indians fan since I was 4 years old.