stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Tough card to 'cap

Henderson Alvarez starts for Toronto, never pitched higher than double 'a' ball.
    Struck out 66 in 88 innings for New Hampshire, but this isn't New Hampshire, comes in soft though versus weak Oakland line up.

Garrett Richards starts for the Angels, another minor league call up, control pitcher, doesn't strike out many, expecting him to get hit hard versus NYY, but you going to lay -180 with Nova?

Tommy Hunter starts for Baltimore, he's a long reliever, never gone more than 4+ innings all season.

Jimmenez, even though he's established, he's never seen this league before, faces Detroit.

I guess the best play is NYY game over nine.
    The rook should get hit hard, Nova should puke up some run himself

Feel free to chime in gents.

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Take it for what it is worth but Oakland has been averaging close to 6 runs a game in the 2nd half and sport the 2nd highest ops in the league over the last month. I agree the line-up doesn't put fear in ya, but they have been getting it done for a good stretch lately.

There is a lot of ?'s on the bump today. Can throw Sanchez (S.F.) in there too. Often erratic and in only his second game back.
    Last edited by Redscot; 08-10-11 at 08:44 AM.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Nova has been Yanks 2nd best pitcher

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't be a dick, vote for Dickey he will get the job done.

stevenash

What's up with 74 year old Kevin Millwood?
    What can he give you today?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

This Cincy team has completely shrivled up in a shell of themselves offensively.

K Wood has a 7-2 record in the minors. I do not know his K rate of hit per inning, but he is winning. He played for the BoSox AAA sqaud but opted put, after he figured he would not be called up. He is hungry, and playing a poor team in the Reds.

SimCity
    SimCity's Avatar Become A Pro!

Haven't looked into this young guy for the angels but he could be trouble. Yankees are notorious for struggling against a first year pitcher who they have never seen before. Its gonna be either hit or miss with the Yankees here as well as Yankees having always struggled against the Angels.

miyakuza
    miyakuza's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

This is ubaldos second outing with the Indians. He did fairly well against Texas and got some run support on the road. Tigers curse at progressive field lives on.

grind4moneyz
    grind4moneyz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 993

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    This Cincy team has completely shrivled up in a shell of themselves offensively.

K Wood has a 7-2 record in the minors. I do not know his K rate of hit per inning, but he is winning. He played for the BoSox AAA sqaud but opted put, after he figured he would not be called up. He is hungry, and playing a poor team in the Reds.
    On the opposite side though the Reds have Leake on the mound who has been pitching pretty good himself. The Reds never seem to give him any run support though.

That being said no way I can take the Reds the way they've been playing with that type of Juice.

The under (9.5) may be the play since the Reds never give Leake run support and Leake has been pitching really good. Still have a lot to look at though before making the play.

Soxxx420
    Big money
    Soxxx420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oakland has been putting up nice numbers lately, I think toronto will throw another one away today again. And I think Nova should be able to hold his ground today, Nova has good numbers. Decent composer, Im sure hell be tagged for a couple but he should be able to handle this against new comer Richards. Will most likely end up laying some big on parlay with Yanks and Red Sox. Juice is just two high on them today, but I see them both taking the games away today with Nova and Lester on the mounds

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Why focus so much on starters? They're not so important. (yes, theyre important but not so much) Relievers, Hitting & Motivation are also important. Yanks & Blue Jays won't get swept at home so they win today or tomorrow.

stevenash

^
    Because the game starts with starters, and if the starter doesn't get you into the fifth inning, the bullpen handicapping doesn't mean much if your team is down 7-1 in the 6th.

Sure you handicap relievers, but you (no pun intended) start with starters first.