Betpoints: 5368

early leans

SD/PIT under
    CWS/MIN over
    Cards ML, FF ML
    TOR/BAL under, FF under

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

im not as sure that Garcia FF are as relevant as they were before. dont get me wrong i dont see a reason they are bad as much as now with Cards revamped pen not sure i see the validity any more. Feel like now it is taking out a adv for stl as where before we were eliminating a huge weakness with these. Would also think now if garcia struggles after 5 the hook would be quicker as Tony begins to trust his pen more.

BigDan

im hoping like hell Hou tt comes out at 3 even if it juiced ill be on that under. Kinda like gm un in hou but until something changes everytime this team plays a quality right hander my play gonna be stros tt un....

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    im not as sure that Garcia FF are as relevant as they were before. dont get me wrong i dont see a reason they are bad as much as now with Cards revamped pen not sure i see the validity any more. Feel like now it is taking out a adv for stl as where before we were eliminating a huge weakness with these. Would also think now if garcia struggles after 5 the hook would be quicker as Tony begins to trust his pen more.
    i hear you. ML for game now -131, you're correct that -135 FF isn't a huge advantage with the pen corrections for StL.

im hoping like hell Hou tt comes out at 3 even if it juiced ill be on that under. Kinda like gm un in hou but until something changes everytime this team plays a quality right hander my play gonna be stros tt un....
    that does sound pretty solid. BOL on that TT under.

BigDan

little more juiced than i would like but i played it anyway. Hou tt un 3 -125

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    3* Dodgers/Diamondbacks under 7 (+105)

this one seemed so obvious it scared me a little. didnt do much work on card as a whole yet(another party night) but when i saw this it jumped out at me so fast i was a little scared how much i liked it.

BiffTFinancial

adding

4* Jays/Orioles FF under 5 (-115)

updated card

BiffTFinancial

this one seemed so obvious it scared me a little. didnt do much work on card as a whole yet(another party night) but when i saw this it jumped out at me so fast i was a little scared how much i liked it.
    Dbacks have been playing such high scoring ball, and their stadium has gotten a lot of press as an over stadium (esp since the homer run derby). this didn't strike me as that weird. AZ has had only one home total close under 8 all season (Cain vs. Collmenter at 7.5). so, in effect, this is the lowest total of the season at Chase Field, and if they'd opened it any lower, the books would've been tipping their hand even more, i suppose?

more importantly that all that, are you play Cards for the sweep or no? so many options, so could easily pass there, but sounded last night as if Ramirez would be out again today.

BiffTFinancial

leans still considering

Cards ML
    SD/PIT under
    CWS/MIN over
    CIN/CHC over

BigDan

Dbacks have been playing such high scoring ball, and their stadium has gotten a lot of press as an over stadium (esp since the homer run derby). this didn't strike me as that weird. AZ has had only one home total close under 8 all season (Cain vs. Collmenter at 7.5). so, in effect, this is the lowest total of the season at Chase Field, and if they'd opened it any lower, the books would've been tipping their hand even more, i suppose?

more importantly that all that, are you play Cards for the sweep or no? so many options, so could easily pass there, but sounded last night as if Ramirez would be out again today.

yea that makes sense...

the one thing we got going with stl is that its a 4 game series and w/o looking id say their success rate of sweeping a 4 game has been better than 3 over the last several years. Fish terrible at home and stl is hitting, only caught the end of yesterdays game but crazy they had 14 hits (12 after alberts hr) and couldnt manage any runs (if i was on the under i would have felt fortunate, which is crazy to say in a 2-1 gm), wouldnt expect that to keep up as stl generally hits wel with risp. i havnt got far on the card and need to look at Vazquez real quick...give me 20 minutes and ill let you know what im doing in that game.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Like your card so far Biff...on that Dodgers under with you

Hey, I know you and Big Dan are the resident Cardinals experts around here....do you guys have any thoughts on Cardinals -1 RL to complete the sweep over the Marlins. I know Vazquez has been pitching well of late, but he can always blow up and has a poor history against this Cards lineup. I know the Cards are a public play, but I like them to sweep this knicked up Marlins offense. Thoughts? Thanks.

t-bone
    t-bone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1871

Good luck today guys.

A's/Rays UNDER 7.5 looks like my play today

BigDan

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    Like your card so far Biff...on that Dodgers under with you

Hey, I know you and Big Dan are the resident Cardinals experts around here....do you guys have any thoughts on Cardinals -1 RL to complete the sweep over the Marlins. I know Vazquez has been pitching well of late, but he can always blow up and has a poor history against this Cards lineup. I know the Cards are a public play, but I like them to sweep this knicked up Marlins offense. Thoughts? Thanks.
    i lean this way for sure. Cards almost always a "public play" so that really never concerns me. Havnt seen lineups yet but i think it a fair guess to assume Berkman could be out of the lineup as he doesnt have good numbers against Vasquez and prob due for a day off. Garcia has to be the question mark to me as if he doesnt have his good stuff fla could hit him, he does tend to bounce back well and has had 2 pretty poor performances in a row so i would imagine he comes back strong here as he hasnt had to many long bad stretches in his young career (in fact not sure if he has went 3 gms in a row w/o a quality start as of yet). .

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by t-bone View Post
    Good luck today guys. A's/Rays UNDER 7.5 looks like my play today
    BOL, tbone. i've been on the under at the Trop last three games, 0-2-1 for me so i'm passing today.

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

I like that Pitt under. GL
    Last edited by italianbandit; 08-07-11 at 11:47 AM.

BiffTFinancial

adding

3* Padres ML (-109)

updated card
    3* Padres ML (-109)

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by italianbandit View Post
    I like that Pitt under. GL
    decided to go with ML simply because Pads offense has exploded lately. taking unders with Pads and A's has cost me lately, but i still like the under here, just not as much as ML. totals have been really unpredictable the last few weeks, which sucks for me since that's what i prefer. Dan, Pacocn, LTA all on Padres ML, that's good enough for me and i don't have to stress if Pads put up 8 themselves. BOL to you whatever you decide.

God1
    God1's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is simply ridiculous how people are talking about some semblance of a padres offense. They are easily 2nd worst behind houston. A few games where they score a ton or an entire season+entire history of recent non-high grade callups. Which do you think is more likely to foreshadow the immediate future?

BigDan

decided to go with ML simply because Pads offense has exploded lately. taking unders with Pads and A's has cost me lately, but i still like the under here, just not as much as ML. totals have been really unpredictable the last few weeks, which sucks for me since that's what i prefer. Dan, Pacocn, LTA all on Padres ML, that's good enough for me and i don't have to stress if Pads put up 8 themselves. BOL to you whatever you decide.

im not on Pads brother. to scared to try pit anymore but not interested in Pads as i feel i missed the normal window i have with them on the road, which is unusual but i got caught a few gms thinking pit would end this slide (bad move) but no interest in pads today. but i know pac likes them as do many others and cant blame them.

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by God1 View Post
    It is simply ridiculous how people are talking about some semblance of a padres offense. They are easily 2nd worst behind houston. A few games where they score a ton or an entire season+entire history of recent non-high grade callups. Which do you think is more likely to foreshadow the immediate future?
    Other than Biff mentioning the Padres recent hitting, I didn't read anyone praising the Padres offense. Where did you see that?

BiffTFinancial

yeah, but we could say the same thing about the A's offense, and those fools have gone 15-2-2 over in the last 19 games. i like my numbers, but sometimes, gotta look past the numbers, and besides, it's not as if Correia inspires a ton of confidence. i'd hate to bet the under instead of the ML and lose 7-2. we'll see.

BiffTFinancial

im not on Pads brother. to scared to try pit anymore but not interested in Pads as i feel i missed the normal window i have with them on the road, which is unusual but i got caught a few gms thinking pit would end this slide (bad move) but no interest in pads today. but i know pac likes them as do many others and cant blame them.
    oh well, guess i misunderstood. oh well, it hardly affects my feeling on the play. i'm all about rooting for misery in Pittsburgh, and bottomline, i don't feel good about playing Padres or A's unders right now.

Love The Action

yeah, but we could say the same thing about the A's offense, and those fools have gone 15-2-2 over in the last 19 games. i like my numbers, but sometimes, gotta look past the numbers, and besides, it's not as if Correia inspires a ton of confidence. i'd hate to bet the under instead of the ML and lose 7-2. we'll see.
    I would also add that the Pirates offense does not exactly instill fear in the heart of its opponents...

BiffTFinancial

I would also add that the Pirates offense does not exactly instill fear in the heart of its opponents...
    and how. my biggest lean for the rest of the afternoon is under in WAS/COL. may play game under 10.5, but also kind of like Rockies TT under 5, which has the advantage of minimizing Aaron Cook's suckassery.

God1

Bad teams will score alot of runs at some point, it's called variance and this is baseball. Oakland's offense as a whole was probably underperforming most of the year to begin with

God1

exactly, even with McCutchen in there it's bottom 10. I'd like to point out at the tail end of this losing streak that about 2 weeks ago there was a post about the pirates contending for the central and I called the pirates as the 3rd or 4th worst team in the NL and possibly as bad as 2nd worst

Love The Action

Bad teams will score alot of runs at some point, it's called variance and this is baseball. Oakland's offense as a whole was probably underperforming most of the year to begin with
    What about the Padres? Variance a no-go for them?

Love The Action

exactly, even with McCutchen in there it's bottom 10. I'd like to point out at the tail end of this losing streak that about 2 weeks ago there was a post about the pirates contending for the central and I called the pirates as the 3rd or 4th worst team in the NL and possibly as bad as 2nd worst
    If you are referring to the post I made which discussed potential playoff races, I never said that I expected the Pirates to contend... I said the NL Central could be an interesting race IF the Pirates did contend.

God1

What about the Padres? Variance a no-go for them?
    what? I said the Padres scoring a ton of runs was just variance

God1

If you are referring to the post I made which discussed potential playoff races, I never said that I expected the Pirates to contend... I said the NL Central could be an interesting race IF the Pirates did contend.
    I have no idea who made the post or what exactly it said that wasn't the point

1st time in months I haven't bet on greinke, it feels like i'm breaking an emotional bond. Still have the under though

BiffTFinancial

two unearned runs in Baltimore.

Luv2Play2
    Luv2Play2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 225

bad break there.. 3-2 count to a 214 hitter.. bol the rest of the day

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Play2 View Post