No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Has Bedard ever been -167 vs. anyone?

He is in his BoSox debut Thursday vs. Masterson and the Tribe.

Masterson's been pretty solid lately and has given up 3 ER in his career vs. Boston (21.2 IP).

Bedard's pitched once since he sprained his vagina or whatever in June. He lasted 1.1 innings.

What's with this line?

pacocn
    pacocn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nc you are a smart man, the only reason the line is
    what it is. Boston has bats. In the words of Mike Ditka
    "Come on man"

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by pacocn View Post
    Nc you are a smart man, the only reason the line is
    what it is. Boston has bats. In the words of Mike Ditka
    "Come on man"
    Yeah, I feel like they're tempting us to take Cleveland and Boston's going to lay the hammer.

At first blush, though, I just don't see it. Cleveland's been right there all series long, now they're +157 against Bedard?!?!

pacocn

The real tempt is Yankees at only -112,
    I am liking CWS in this spot.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by pacocn View Post
    The real tempt is Yankees at only -112,
    I am liking CWS in this spot.
    White Sox have cost me a lot of $$$ (as per usual) in this series.

Humber has looked atrocious lately, though he did shut the Yankees down back in April. Then again, Floyd had good career numbers vs. NYY at the start of the night too.

Hall2Collie
    Hall2Collie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Been a long time since he had an offense that can put up 5-10 runs for him.

Then again, Bedard was god AWFUL in his last start as a Mariner.

God1
    God1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bedard is a complete stud who has been masterson's equal this season. And of course you know that cleveland is alot worse against lefties

Hall2Collie
    Hall2Collie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Quote Originally Posted by God1 View Post
    Bedard is a complete stud who has been masterson's equal this season. And of course you know that cleveland is alot worse against lefties
    What?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I'm aware of Cleveland's problems vs. lefties, but Bedard a "complete stud"? Come on. The guy is softer than the toilet paper I just wiped my ass with. Can't wait to hear what is next vague injury is that somehow lands him on the 60-day DL.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Also, Bedard has a penchant for giving up the gopher ball, while Masterson is outstanding at keeping it in the park.

Now go ahead and school me on how "lucky" Masterson has been vs. "unlucky" Bedard on the HR stat God....

pacocn

No coin even though Bedard has a "B" on his hat as oppossed
    to an "S" i just locked in Clev +153 (1x) I don't see another play
    in this one. I also locked in CWS +102 i like them in this spot. Bol

Jago2008
    SoCal Living
    Jago2008's Avatar Become A Pro!

Personally I'd take the Yankees, their offensive production has been ridiculous regardless of their pitching woes @ times. With that said, I've heard some news that Konerko most likely will be back in the lineup this 2morrow which could finally give the CWS some needed offensive boost. I took the PEAVES in this series few days ago being a San Diego Padres fan myself, seen his stuff for years, unfortun the CWS could not get any production W/ RISP.

So basically my point had nothing to do w/ the subject line of this post (Bedard)... but hey if any of you are looking for advice. Just bet against the Padres EVERY game and you'll do much more than break even this year. FAIL . God they suck ass.

pacocn

K.C. and Tex in a parlay, although there is no such thing as
    easy money, this sure seems to be.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

lineup 2morrow* omit this, lol

pacocn

Jago, pads looked good tonight!!!!!

as99
    as99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2252

Boston has yet to explode the entire series..... So many times leaving multiple men in bases....... then you got Cleveland's best pitching. Yet I'm still thinking disaster. I would never bet for Cleveland, I would rather go for under 9 than Cleveland winning straight up. Boston -1 @ -124 looks tempting but I think there's better games tomorrow.

Jago2008
    SoCal Living

Haha man, you know they've had a 9 game homestand and gone 3-6, winning the last game after losing 3 consecutive series. they are like 23-40 @ home this year (not 100% accurate) but close. I mean its the Padres... so w/e. Chargers makes this city run, yet they dont have a stadium.

And btw I believe the Rangers are a very good bet 2morrow, I would take Ogando against the Tigers, particularly because he beat them twice already, and generally has a respectable ERA against that lineup in Det. Rangers rarely get swept, and they barely lost 2day, throwing away many chances w/ RISP DAMN YOU MICHAEL YOUNG (only 2day). AND AND Brady Penny is on the mound for Det. who is only good @ 2 things since pitching w/ the Dodgers which is drinking beer and ripping ass. I'm sure the Rangers will carry. Can't offer anything on KC.

God1

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I'm aware of Cleveland's problems vs. lefties, but Bedard a "complete stud"? Come on. The guy is softer than the toilet paper I just wiped my ass with. Can't wait to hear what is next vague injury is that somehow lands him on the 60-day DL.
    .01 difference in xFIP this season. Only variable is him coming off the DL and his rumored aversion to the spotlight.....maybe you assign alot of significance to his 1 bomb start. I don't have the answer but that one start aside he was the same pitcher as masterson this season

Romanianbornwin
    Romanianbornwin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Red Sox might be a little overpriced just because they are a public team. People bet on them just because they know they score runs and win games, without necessarily looking at the pitching match-up. But then again, Bedard wasn't too bad early in the year. He got injured and his first start back (his last start) was terrible, but that doesn't really matter to me. Never bet on pitchers coming back from the DL because you never know if there are still some effects on the pitcher even after he is off the DL.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

.01 difference in xFIP this season. Only variable is him coming off the DL and his rumored aversion to the spotlight.....maybe you assign alot of significance to his 1 bomb start. I don't have the answer but that one start aside he was the same pitcher as masterson this season
    Masterson hasn't been a "complete stud" this year -- that's the difference. He's been good -- don't get me wrong -- but I take him at +155 in this spot against a guy who has more than just a "rumored" aversion to the spotlight. This is a battle of semantics: you sugarcoat Bedard's shortcomings, I call him a pussy.

God1

but I take him at +155 in this spot against a guy who has more than just a "rumored" aversion to the spotlight. This is a battle of semantics: you sugarcoat Bedard's shortcomings, I call him a pussy.
    It wasn't semantics I wasn't trying to sugarcoat anything. I wasn't trying to downplay anything as I have no idea how to weight his 1 start off the DL or him not wanting to be in a big market

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

It wasn't semantics I wasn't trying to sugarcoat anything. I wasn't trying to downplay anything as I have no idea how to weight his 1 start off the DL or him not wanting to be in a big market
    You know baseball. I'm assuming you've observed Bedard throughout his career, right? He's the Marcus Camby (at least the early-years Camby) of MLB -- all the talent in the world, but arguably the softest player in his profession. You think Bedard is going to embrace a World Series race and a short porch in Beantown vs. being able to bob and weave in and out of the lineup with nothing on the line in Seattle?

I'll make this prediction here and now: Bedard will either bomb in Boston or be on the DL (again) before the season is over. It may not happen tomorrow night, but there will be some delicious fade opportunities down the road with that wimp on the hill.

NBA_Brosuf
    Fade me to Become A Pro LOL
    NBA_Brosuf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 47

eff tribes.

Even if they loses, the next game, they still get value to lure them suckers in. I'm one of them LOL

I'd take Boston and at least 2 runs. shutout for the under to cash is even better.

God1

You know baseball. I'm assuming you've observed Bedard throughout his career, right? He's the Marcus Camby (at least the early-years Camby) of MLB -- all the talent in the world, but arguably the softest player in his profession. You think Bedard is going to embrace a World Series race and a short porch in Beantown vs. being able to bob and weave in and out of the lineup with nothing on the line in Seattle?
    I have no idea but I will assume that the market knows better than any guess I can make on this one. That being said, if the betting split really settles with 40% on cleveland I will be all over boston. In addition to that, you have Masterson's ERA outperforming his SIERA by a full run and Bedard coming off a shelling

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I have no idea but I will assume that the market knows better than any guess I can make on this one. That being said, if the betting split really settles with 40% on cleveland I will be all over boston. In addition to that, you have Masterson's ERA outperforming his SIERA by a full run and Bedard coming off a shelling
    I can almost guarantee it will.

I think the public takes the Tribe at a nearly 50/50 ML split tomorrow. At least the 40% you're looking for.

gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

masterson has a 0.64 ERA against his former team as well, no opinion on the game, just trying to give you guys stats

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Be Safe take the Indians RL at -130

Duby
    Duby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4602

I think I will take Biston -1 to lower the juice.

Also on the Texas bandwagon today!

Brian891
    Brian891's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3624

more fun question: can jacoby do it 3 straight games?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Bedard should be fine vs clevelands offense.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

I would not factor Bedard into your handicapping anyway. I just read that he will be on a "limted" pitch count. It is b/c Bedard never got a rehab start coming off the DL, since the Mariners were intent on trading him.

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I would not factor Bedard into your handicapping anyway. I just read that he will be on a "limted" pitch count. It is b/c Bedard never got a rehab start coming off the DL, since the Mariners were intent on trading him.
    Houli...he did have one start coming off the dl at the end of july...he got rocked but that means nothing. I really like three under 9 in this spot..gl

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    Houli...he did have one start coming off the dl at the end of july...he got rocked but that means nothing. I really like three under 9 in this spot..gl
    A rehab start is when an MLB player goes to AAA to start. He never got that chance b/c Mariners had the Boston trade in mind.

KnowingNothing
    KnowingNothing's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 746

Red Sox automatically get set to -150 at home. Whoevers pitching is the next factor.