SportGTI
    Update your status
    SportGTI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thoughts on Braves/Reds

I've been looking at Friday's slate of games and my eye keeps coming back to the Braves/Reds matchup. I have the Braves at -112 and Reds at +102 and am thinking this seems to be a steal of a line. Braves will have JJ on the mound who has been absolutely a monster this year. Yes he had his worst outing of the year, but I feel this is just a stinker in what will continue to be a great year. JJ has been a stud all year, and even in years past, he's always seemed to be in games. On the other side you have Bronson, who just can't keep it together this year. Throw in the fact that he has a high ERA against atlanta and gave them 5 runs in 3 innings earlier this year, I don't see why Atlanta wouldn't win this game.

Yes, this is baseball, so of course anything can happen any given day. I do feel this is a great game and would like to go huge on this, but feel as if this is a trap line.

Thoughts from the forum would be appreciated.

Thanks all and GL with your picks

BigBoi
    BigBoi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 575

JJ is the pick. Doesnt matter what the lines are. If he gets Jay Bruce out which it seems like everyone is lately, he could go 8 with ease and maybe a shutout.

GoHawks033
    GoHawks033's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Scary line, I had atl in the -150 range... Trap written all over it...

Still might hammer tho, go JJ!

SportGTI
    Update your status
    SportGTI's Avatar Become A Pro!

GoHawks033...I agree with you. When I saw the matchup, I was thinking Braves would be -150ish and I would be laying off. Then I saw
    -112!!! I'm scared of the trap, but I've pulled the trigger and now will be hoping for victory out of the Bravos. GL to you man

Twerp
    Twerp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

this line makes no sense, and when lines dont make sense i stay away. Although it is pretty hard to pass up ATL in this spot, but i as well had this game around the -150 range. Screams bet ATL, so im staying away GL to all

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

The Reds are the better team playing @ home with a veteran pitcher on the mound. Getting + money is an additional bonus. Take the Reds.

GoHawks033

Went big on em at -114, debating just closing my eyes until the 9th! Good luck guys!

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Bruce aint playing just to let u no.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

i like the over... but who am i?

Delbert14
    Delbert14's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah and jurjens was 0-3 with a 6. something era against the reds til his last start he limited them to 1 run i think in 7 innings, but bruce and votto have pretty good numbers against him. i agree line should be higher, really like braves at first but only put them in my big parlay stayed away from the single game bet.

Delbert14
    Delbert14's Avatar Become A Pro!

and bruce is playin rolen is out with a shoulder injury!! i am pretty sure if they are missing both bruce and rolen then why didn't line move. bcatswin get your shit straight before you post!!!!!!!!!!!

Romanianbornwin
    Romanianbornwin's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hankcream View Post
    The Reds are the better team playing @ home with a veteran pitcher on the mound. Getting + money is an additional bonus. Take the Reds.
    How can you say the Reds are the better team? The Braves are 58-41 and the Reds are only 48-50. And that veteran pitcher has been terrible so far this year.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by Delbert14 View Post
    and bruce is playin rolen is out with a shoulder injury!! i am pretty sure if they are missing both bruce and rolen then why didn't line move. bcatswin get your shit straight before you post!!!!!!!!!!!
    espn isn't showing bruce in the starting lineup...just saying

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Delbert get ur fuking shit together u dumb ass
    http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs...encounter.html

johnfayman John Fay

#Reds lineup: Heisey rf, Cozart ss, Votto 1b, Phillips 2b, Stubbs cf, Cairo 3b, Hanigan c, Arroyo p. vs. Jurrgens

I do belierve a apology is in line.
    Broaway

GoHawks033

Quote Originally Posted by Bcatswin View Post
    Delbert get ur fuking shit together u dumb ass
    http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs...encounter.html

johnfayman John Fay

#Reds lineup: Heisey rf, Cozart ss, Votto 1b, Phillips 2b, Stubbs cf, Cairo 3b, Hanigan c, Arroyo p. vs. Jurrgens

I do belierve a apology is in line.
    Broaway