God1
    God1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Angels/Orioles

Lineup just came out minus Kendrick and zero line movement. He is by far their best player with a 4.1 WAR. Was it already known he was getting the day off?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Howie is the only dependable guy @ the plate for the Angels.

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

The price actually went up four cents after the lineups were released around 4pm EST.

I agree Kendrick will be missed, however, I still lean Angels hard and might just make them my third play today.

You have a pitcher in Santana who has gotten better as the weather has warmed up. If you look at his advanced stats, you will see that they all improved throughout the season. More than that, however, Santana has the edge in most statistical categories over Simon. Plus, where is Simon's head going to be after being arrested for allegedly shooting his cousin? Furthermore, Simon is not exactly trustworthy to put money on in this stage of his career. When you consider the advantage in starting pitching and factor in the Angels superiority in defense and bullpen, with the Orioles only having a slight advantage on offense, I think the Angels are still the play regardless of Kendrick.
    Last edited by Love The Action; 07-22-11 at 04:43 PM.

God1
    God1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    The price actually went up four cents after the lineups were released around 4pm EST.
    I saw the lineup released at 5, where did you find at 4? I also only saw a 2 cent move at 4, what site are you using for line movement?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Simon was arrested over 8 months ago.

My guess is that he is overjoyed that he is a suspect in a murder case, but was allowed to leave his home country.

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by God1 View Post
    I saw the lineup released at 5, where did you find at 4? I also only saw a 2 cent move at 4, what site are you using for line movement?
    I use sportsinsights. My apologies, however, as I had a typo of 4pm EST when I meant 5pm EST. If memory serves me correctly, when I was looking at the board around that time, it went from 117 to around 122 at Pinny between 4:30pm and 530pm. However, since that time, it has dropped back down. Still contemplating that as a play but I don't like that drop...let's see where the line goes.

So you want to back Simon tonight? If so, why?

Love The Action

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post

My guess is that he is overjoyed that he is a suspect in a murder case, but was allowed to leave his home country.
    Right...he was arrested in January but he just had the hearing and was released solely because the prosecution witness did not attend. To me, there are only two reason for such non-attendance: (1) Simon paid the guy off or (2) Simon had the witness killed or intimidated into not showing. Either way, this is some pretty heady stuff going on and unless you are in that person's shoes, you cant assume that it is easy to get over. I think he may be trying to think solely about baseball, but could easily be distracted by this stuff. Remember, it was his cousin that was shot. How did that affect the overall family dynamic? Is his whole family mad at Simon? Does he have a support system in place still? All I'm saying is that this is one factor that I think hurts both Simon and the Orioles in this spot. I'm not saying that it is huge factor, but definitely something to add into your capping.

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post

The story as it goes down here in the D.R. . Simon was celebrating the New years holidays at a party. At some point he pulls out his gun and lets off a few shots, killing one young man and wounding the other. Some reports say it was stray shots that killed the kid, others that he was pissed at him and shot him. After the kid was shot eyewitnesses say Simon drank another sip of whiskey and showed no remorse, before guys in his entourage got him out of there.

About a month after the shooting the family reached a monetary agreement to withdraw the charges, and secure Simon's liberty. We are talking like 40-50 g's (a shitload of $ fora poor family who feared they wouldn't get justice anyway) What remains for Simon are just legal formalities, he will get away with manslaughter or murder depending on the version.

Yup, that is how shit goes down down here.

starfire
    starfire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1130

After researching...
    This is a bad spot for my Halos...

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Quote Originally Posted by Redscot View Post
    The story as it goes down here in the D.R. . Simon was celebrating the New years holidays at a party. At some point he pulls out his gun and lets off a few shots, killing one young man and wounding the other. Some reports say it was stray shots that killed the kid, others that he was pissed at him and shot him. After the kid was shot eyewitnesses say Simon drank another sip of whiskey and showed no remorse, before guys in his entourage got him out of there.

About a month after the shooting the family reached a monetary agreement to withdraw the charges, and secure Simon's liberty. We are talking like 40-50 g's (a shitload of $ fora poor family who feared they wouldn't get justice anyway) What remains for Simon are just legal formalities, he will get away with manslaughter or murder depending on the version.

Yup, that is how shit goes down down here.
    Crazy ass story... Simon should be hung.

Redscot
    Redscot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5802

Just to finish the topic, probably has very little influence on tonight's game. He has known he will get over on these charges for a while now.

Also, it wasn't his cousin that was killed, he sent his cousin claiming it was he who shot that night as his first attempt to get off the hook.

End of the day, I don't think this angle will have much affect. I don't think he is that good and his mental stability is certainly a question.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

That is awful

Love The Action

I decided to lay off the Angels tonight. Good luck to those Halo backers!