Romanianbornwin's Avatar Become A Pro!

2 Unders for Today

What does everyone think about:
    Braves vs. Phillies under 7 runs
    Mariners vs. Angels under 6 runs

Thinking about playing these two

homosayswhat
    homosayswhat's Avatar Become A Pro!

the phils game is a total toss up....some key folks are out for both sides..shockingly CHIPPER..haha

so under is a thought

but I dont trust Lowe here...he is a low ball thower....and I dont like that against Howard and CO. they tend to beat them up....so 7 is short....

Angels / Mariners...almost dont need to know who is even on the hill....they are typiclaly under so the odds are good

GL

Romanianbornwin

Yea but Lowe has done good against the Phils in the past. Working on writing an explanation for these two on my blog. I will be putting a little money on these games today...

homosayswhat

GL Brother

homosayswhat

FYI

he hasnt face them this year....I dont think..and he has given up like 18 runs in his last 26....yiks...just wanted to toss that out..GL

BigJ
    BigJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I'm on both of them. Hoping for the best but will probably be 1-1.

Romanianbornwin

Not quite sure where you are getting that from......
    On April 10, he faced them in Atlanta, went 7 innings and allowed 2 runs
    On May 6,he faced them in Philly (like today), went 6 innings, no runs, only 2 hits
    So, 13 innings, 2 runs, that is very good

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

i will be on M's/Angels under, passing on Braves/Phils under.

homosayswhat

like I said..wasnt sure...bol to ya...I see him getting bombed really...

lately Lowe has been a gas can...so i would be shaky on it....

gl thought

Romanianbornwin

Hamels is 6-2, 1.74 in his last ten starts. Lowe is 2-0, 3.18 in his last two starts, 1-1, 1.38 in two starts against Philly this season.
    Under is 12-2-2 in Haren's last 16 home starts
    Hernandez is 1-1, 2.66 in his last three starts. Haren is 3-0, 1.21 in his last three starts, winning last two 1-0

Crnjak
    Crnjak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

for me Angels are Under...Phillies No Play!

Romanianbornwin

Felix Hernandez has a 3.22 ERA on the season. He has been fairly consistent this season, allowing 3 runs or less in 7 out of his last 10 starts. Pitching on the road in Anaheim today should be fun for him, as he is confident and excels during his road starts. He has allowed 1 run in 3 out of his last 5 road starts. He also has a good 2.66 ERA in his last 3 starts and has pitched well against the Angels hitters. For the players that have seen Hernandez in more than 10 at-bats, he has kept 6 under a .300 average and 2 over that number. Dan Haren has allowed 3 earned runs or less in 8 out of his last 10 starts and has been very good as of late. He has a 1.21 ERA in his last 3 starts, and has not allowed a run in 16.1 innings, spanning his last two home starts vs. the Nationals and Tigers. In those 16.1 innings he allowed only 4 hits. Haren also is a better starter in the daylight, where he is 4-0 with a 1.59 ERA, compared to 5-5 with a 3.52 ERA in starts at night. Lastly, he has a 2.56 ERA in 105.2 innings pitched against the Mariners. BET UNDER 6

Romanianbornwin

Derek Lowe has an average 4.21 ERA on the season, but I still think he has a solid start in Philly today. He has allowed 3 earned runs or less in 7 out of his last 10 starts and is a good pitcher on the road. He threw a shutout in 6.2 innings in Florida and in his last road start he allowed only 1 run in 6 innings to the Mariners. But I think he does good today because he has done very well against the Phillies, in the past 10 years and this season. He has a 2.90 ERA in 102.1 innings pitched against them and pitched a combined 13 innings against them this season allowing a total of only 2 runs. In his start in Philly (like today) he went 6 innings, allowed 2 hits and no runs. In addition to this, the Phillies have had struggles throughout the season to score runs. Cole Hamels has a very good 2.40 ERA on the season and he has been consistently awesome. He has allowed 3 runs or less in each of his last 10 starts and allowed 2 runs or less in 9 of them. He has thrown 2 scoreless starts against the Red Sox and Dodgers, both at home. He has an excellent 1.80 ERA in his last 3 starts and has done fairly well against the Braves, pitching 131.2 innings with a 3.83 ERA. Like the Phillies, the Braves can have troubles scoring some runs. The last three games of this series has stayed under the posted number today and this one will make it 4 in a row. BET UNDER 7

Romanianbornwin

Both explanations from my blog: http://mlbbettingwinners.blogspot.com/

Forgot to mention that I'm on a 19-9 run with baseball totals
    Last edited by Romanianbornwin; 07-10-11 at 09:52 AM.

rthoughton
    rthoughton's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2101

Philly doesn't score... much. I was kinda hoping that the glimpse of offense that popped up recently would continue to show up (especially in game 1 for Doc against Beachy) but it hasnt yet. Lowe is a sinker baller and always pitches well against the phils. These teams are carbon copies of one another. Man, this has been a great series, and I wouldn't expect much different today.
    Hamels is as good as any pitcher on his team and in baseball. Love the under today.
    Praying for another 3.5 game lead, but happy with 1.5 heading into the break with the way the offense has been all year. This is a great race and a great rivalry and I love BASEBALL! gonna be a great finish in the East.
    Take the under today.

Romanianbornwin

Quote Originally Posted by rthoughton View Post
    Philly doesn't score... much. I was kinda hoping that the glimpse of offense that popped up recently would continue to show up (especially in game 1 for Doc against Beachy) but it hasnt yet. Lowe is a sinker baller and always pitches well against the phils. These teams are carbon copies of one another. Man, this has been a great series, and I wouldn't expect much different today. Hamels is as good as any pitcher on his team and in baseball. Love the under today. Praying for another 3.5 game lead, but happy with 1.5 heading into the break with the way the offense has been all year. This is a great race and a great rivalry and I love BASEBALL! gonna be a great finish in the East. Take the under today.
    Nice post, glad you like the under today with me, because everyone seems to be very skeptical about it

shade3599
    shade3599's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

staying away from the phils game. i like the under in the mariners game.

Romanianbornwin

Wow, Ryan Howard 3-0 count 1st and 3rd 1 out, BAM! Double play! Got pretty luck there for the brave souls who bet on the Braves under lol